bisa coba browsing
forum thorn tree, forum travelling dari lonely planet guidebooks
website trip advisor, banyak ulasan ttg hotel dan hostel, tempat wisata
oopss, kalau ikut tour, semuanya udah dipesan
then nevermind this, just for extra info
ini dari forum thorntree
Updates on Sri Lanka:
I just got back from travelling in SL and here are some updates on accom, transport and others. Hope they are useful.
**Note that these are purely my individual observations.
- AC room with hot water plus breakfast
- R2500 for doubles, R3500 for triple room (plus 10% tax)
- AC room with hot water (R1875 nett)
- With either AC or hot water (R1500 nett)
Hotel Sea Yard
- New number: 078 8790766 (Land) or 077 7070300 (Mobile)
- Standard room (R1000 nett)
- Standard rooms for R400 or R500
- Single room with hot water (R1750)
- Double room with hot water (R2500)
Forest Paradise Guest House
- Standard room with hot water (R1000)
- Tel: 052 223 4394
- Single room with hot water (R1000 nett)
Dalhousie (Adam’s Peak)
- R400 nett
Rani Holiday Village
- New Tel: 031 4870718
- AC, hot water plus breakfast (R2750 nett)
- New Tel: 031 4872824
- Location is BEFORE Topaz Hotel coming from Negombo town. Map indication on LP book mistaken.
- AC, hot water plus breakfast (EURO $34 nett)
*For personal appraisal of each place pls PM me.
Kandy – Nuwara Eliya/ Bandarawella/ Ella/ Badulla
All trains going east from Kandy. Tickets cost R500 per person for observation car. Only 4 seats available each day!! Book ahead. Doesn’t matter where you get off will be same price. Total 24 seats, 20 sold in Colombo and only 4 sold in Kandy.
Risk standing if you buy second or third class tickets as there is huge crowd boarding from Kandy. Heard from travellers some ppl get on to the train, but no one alights. The ppl going off at Kandy waits in their seats until someone hands them R100 for a seat, then they only alight. Personally don’t agree with ppl doing that.
*For personal driver plus van from Polonaruwa out, PM me.
- Taxi ride from Negombo beach to Airport costs R600. Took it at 11pm. Not too sure of daytime rate but round the same.
- A lot of air tickets now have the departure tax already included. So you may not need to pay the R1000 departure tax when you leave. Check on your air ticket to be sure whether you have already paid the tax.
- North side (Anuradhapura, Polonaruwa, Trincomalee, Sigiriya, Dambulla) was very dry when visited.
- South side (Hill country including Nuwara Eliya & Adam’s Peak) rainy.
- East side past Nuwara Eliya was bit dry (Ella, Bandarawella, Badulla).
- West side including Colombo and Negombo slight rain sometimes.
Did the climb up 5200 steps on an afternoon. Weather wasn’t good when I was there. 2 days of cloudy skies, drizzle and sometimes pouring rain. The summit was in the clouds when I went up
dari forum thorntree, forum ttg traveling dari lonely planet guide book
on 18th August. Hope you have better luck!
- Definitely do stretches before and after climb! I did it and still have muscle aches after 4 days. Preferably leave it till end of trip to do climb.
- Use Sedhalepa ayuverdic balm in large amounts on ankle and legs against leeches. Really worked well for me.
**Any other info you need, can try PM me. Will try my best to provide info!
Edited by: Irene_Adler