//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: Shurangama Sutra  (Read 6103 times)

Offline GandalfTheElder

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 75
  • Exactly who we are is just enough (C. Underwood)
Shurangama Sutra
« on: 29 January 2010, 10:58:01 AM »
Cuma mau saran, denger2 kan nanti Shurangama Sutra bakal diterbitin DC Press.

Apa tidak lebih bagus pakai terjemahan yang baru ini?? Karena setahu saya kan bro sobat dharma nerjemahin yang terjemahan lama dari Charles Luk??

http://surangama.drba.org

Announcing the publication of:
The Śūraṅgama Sūtra:
A New Translation
With Excerpts from the Commentary
by the Venerable Master Hsüan Hua.
Talmage, CA: Buddhist Text Translation Society, 2009.

“A must for anyone interested in gaining a deeper understanding of the Buddhist teaching.”
Huston Smith (author of The World’s Religions and Why Religion Matters)

The Śūraṅgama Sūtra is now available in an entirely new English translation.

It is the first single-volume translation of the complete text.

The Śūraṅgama Sūtra has been held in great esteem in the Mahayana Buddhist countries of East and Southeast Asia for over a thousand years. Its appeal lies in the broad scope of its teachings and in the depth and clarity of its prescriptions for contemplative practice. Its wealth of theoretical and practical instruction in the spiritual life often made it the first major text to be studied by newly ordained monks, particularly in the Chan School. The new translation, prepared by members of the Buddhist Text Translation Society, is enhanced by excerpts from the commentary by the Venerable Master Hsuan Hua (Xuanhua)

More advance praise for the new translation:

“The Śūraṅgama Sūtra is one of the seminal scriptures of Chinese Buddhism, particularly influential among followers of the Chan (Zen) school. This new translation by long-term Buddhist practitioners combines scholarly rigor with the flavor of personal commitment. The translation is further enhanced by inclusion of the lucid commentary on the sutra by the Tripitaka Master Hsuan Hua, one of the pioneers in bringing Chinese Buddhism to the West.”
Ven. Bhikkhu Bodhi (translator of the Middle Length Discourses (Majjhima Nikaya) and the Connected Discourses (Samyutta Nikaya)

“When people ask about the Buddha’s teachings on meditation, in addition to the core texts on the subject in the Pali Canon (the scriptures of the Southern School), I frequently cite the Śūraṅgama Sūtra as being of inestimable value. It spells out certain aspects of the meditative process in uniquely clear and helpful ways. …In particular I have employed the Sutra’s teachings concerning the meditation on hearing as a central element of my spiritual training for more than twenty-five years…. This lucid, accessible and reliable translation of the Śūraṅgama Sūtra, with its commentarial notes by the highly esteemed Master Hsüan Hua, will be a distinctive and precious addition to the bookshelves of not only those interested in Buddhist philosophy as an academic discipline but, more importantly, to those who wish to liberate their own hearts and minds for the benefit of themselves and all other living beings.”
Ajahn Amaro Bhikkhu (co-abbot of Abhayagiri Buddhist Monastery)

Over the years, when I have needed advice in cultivation, I have referred to the Śūraṅgama Sutra for authoritative information. I go to the “Fifty Demonic States of Mind” (part 10) to check on strange states in medita­tion. I go to the “Twenty-Five Sages” (part 6) for encouragement on the path from the voices of Bodhisattvas. I go to the “Four Clear and Defini­tive Instructions on Purity” (part 7) for clarity on interaction with the world; for example, there I find the Buddha’s reasons for advocating a harmless, plant-based diet.
— Reverend Heng Sure, President of Dharma Realm Buddhist Association and Director of Berkeley Buddhist Monastery

“The Buddhist Text Translation Society has given us a greatly improved rendering of one of the most important and profound Mahayana texts in the entire Buddhist Canon. During the past thousand years, the Śūraṅgama Sūtra has been used perhaps more than any other single text in the transmission of the Dharma by Chinese and other East Asian masters. This eminently readable and clearly annotated English translation constitutes a significant contribution not only to the study but also to the practice of Buddhism in the West.”
Bill Porter (“Red Pine”) (translator of the works of Chinese poets and Buddhist masters, including The Collected Poems of Cold Mountain and The Zen Teachings of Bodhidharma)

554 pages, with an extensive introduction, explanatory footnotes, and index.

Publication date: August 15, 2009.
ISBN-13: 978-0-88139-962-2
Price: Hardcover edition $30; with slipcover $50.

Available directly from the Buddhist Text Translation Society (bttsonline.org),  Amazon.com,  and your independent bookseller.

_/\_
The Siddha Wanderer
Theravada is my root. This is the body of my practice.... It [Tibetan Buddhism]has given me my Compassion practice. Vajrayana is my thunder, my power. This is the heart of my practice..True wisdom is simple and full of lightness and humor. Zen is my no-self (??). This is the soul of my practice.

Offline sobat-dharma

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 45
  • sharing, caring, offering
Re: Shurangama Sutra
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2010, 09:43:57 PM »
Bro, karena alasan yang ini:
Price: Hardcover edition $30; with slipcover $50
pantas dipikir-pikir dulu  :))

Lagipula terjemahan Surangama Charles Luk Kuan Yu sudah memasuki tahap finish, tinggal editing. Saya sendiri perlu mereview ulang terjemahan dari awal hingga akhir (minimal 2 kali lagi) guna untuk memastikan tidak ada kesalahan yang fatal.

Tapi boleh juga, kalau di antara teman2 yang memiliki buku tersebut dan bersedia untuk memfotokopikan (biayanya nanti diganti)  ;) Boleh juga buat perbandingan; terutama untuk memperjelas beberapa bagian yang rada-rada kabur maknanya dan sulit dimengerti.

Trims atas infonya.
Mereka yang melihat-Ku dari wujud dan mengikuti-Ku dari suara terlibat dalam upaya salah. Mereka takkan melihat Aku. Dari Dharma-lah mestinya ia melihat Para Buddha. Dari Dharmakaya datang tuntunan baginya. Namun hakikat sejati Dharma tak terlihat dan tiada seorangpun bisa menyadarinya sebagai obyek

Offline Hendra Susanto

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 205
  • haa...
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2010, 10:47:50 PM »
yg uda hampir jd dilanjutkan dech..

Offline naviscope

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 48
« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2010, 08:13:33 AM »
yang benerrrrrr......
se7 bangetttssss.......

mo mo mo ;D

_/\_
Tinggalkan masa lalu, lepaskan beban akan masa depan, tidak terikat dengan yang sekarang maka kamu akan merasakan kedamain batin.

Leave the past alone, do not worry about the future, do not cling to the present and you will achieve calm.

Offline cetera_zhang

• Teman
  • Reputasi: 8
« Reply #4 on: 17 June 2010, 04:45:55 PM »
Para senior,

mau tanya, apa buku Surangama Sutra ini uda diterbitkan?

thanks

Offline Hendra Susanto

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 205
  • haa...
« Reply #5 on: 18 June 2010, 09:22:34 AM »
Para senior,

mau tanya, apa buku Surangama Sutra ini uda diterbitkan?

thanks

sedang dalam tahap editing. Mungkin memerlukan waktu yang lama.

Offline cetera_zhang

• Teman
  • Reputasi: 8
« Reply #6 on: 18 June 2010, 11:44:43 AM »
oh ok

Offline thioboeki

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 5
  • Dimana ada Kebahagian disitu ada Penderitaan,,
« Reply #7 on: 17 January 2011, 08:00:59 PM »
Namo Buddhaya,

Pak Hendra apakah buku SHURANGAMA SUTRA sudah terbit?

Bisa kah saya memperolehnya?

thio
Dimana ada Kebahagian disana ada Penderitaan,,

Offline Sukma Kemenyan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 109
« Reply #8 on: 07 April 2014, 05:52:04 PM »
Sorry, ngebump topic lama...
Sudah adakah yg berbahasa indonesia yang bisa di nikmati?

Offline seniya

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 169
  • Om muni muni mahamuni sakyamuni svaha
« Reply #9 on: 07 April 2014, 06:43:14 PM »
Wah baru tahu bahwa DC Press pernah menerjemahkan sutra...
"Holmes once said not to allow your judgement to be biased by personal qualities, and emotional qualities are antagonistic to clear reasoning."
~ Shinichi Kudo a.k.a Conan Edogawa

Offline The Ronald

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 89
« Reply #10 on: 07 April 2014, 06:51:10 PM »
proses editingnya sampe skrg mungkin blm selesai...

Offline xenocross

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 61
« Reply #11 on: 07 April 2014, 08:05:57 PM »
Satu saat dari pikiran yang dikuasai amarah membakar kebaikan yang telah dikumpulkan selama berkalpa-kalpa.
~ Mahavairocana Sutra

anything