//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh a.k.a Osho  (Read 3245 times)

Offline HokBen

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 100
Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh a.k.a Osho
« on: 04 July 2008, 01:31:31 PM »
Apakah ini juga comot2 dari Buddhism, Hindu , dll atau merupakan salah satu "jalan" ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osho

============================

Teachings

A true iconoclast, Osho spent a lifetime challenging systems, institutions, and governments that he considered to be atrophied, corrupt, neurotic, or anti-life.[104] His teachings were not static but changed in emphasis over time, forming an enormous body of work.[104] He revelled in paradox and inconsistency, making it difficult to present more than a flavour of his work.[104]

Osho's teachings were not presented in a dry, academic setting, but were interspersed with jokes, and delivered with an oratory that many found spellbinding.[105][106] He was also extremely well read.[107] Conversant with the whole range of traditional Eastern religious thought – Hinduism, Buddhism, Hassidism, Sufism, Jainism, Tantrism, Taoism, to name but a few – he also drew on a great number of Western influences in his teaching.[108]

On the ego: man as a machine

Osho's view of man as a machine, condemned to the helpless acting out of unconscious, neurotic patterns, reflects the thought of Gurdjieff and Freud.[107][109] His vision of the "new man" who transcends the constraints of convention is reminiscent of Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil.[110] His views on sexual liberation bear comparison to the thought of D. H. Lawrence.[111] And while his contemporary Jiddu Krishnamurti does not seem to have been too fond of Osho's mission, there are clear similarities between their respective teachings.[107]

Ultimately, Osho's message was a positive one.[112] He taught that we are all potential Buddhas, with the capacity for enlightenment.[112] According to him, every human being is capable of experiencing unconditional love and of responding rather than reacting to life.[112] He said: "You are truth. You are love. You are bliss. You are freedom."[113] He suggested that it is possible to experience innate divinity and to be conscious of "who we really are", even though our egos usually prevent us from enjoying this experience.[112] "When the ego is gone, the whole individuality arises in its crystal purity."[114] The problem, he said, is how to bypass the ego so that our innate being can flower; how to move from the periphery to the centre.[112]

Osho views the mind first and foremost as a mechanism for survival, replicating behavioural strategies that have proved successful in the past.[112] But by repeating the past, he says, we lose the ability to live authentically in the present.[112] We continually repress what we genuinely feel, closing ourselves off from experiencing the joy that arises naturally when we move into the present.[112][115] "The mind has no inherent capacity for joy. ... It only thinks about joy."[116] The result, he states, is that we unconsciously poison ourselves with various neuroses, jealousies, fears, etc., rather than living in joyous, authentic awareness.[115] By repressing sexual feelings, for example, we hope to pretend they do not exist.[115] But repression only leads to the re-emergence of these feelings in another guise to haunt our lives.[115] The result is a society that is obsessed with sex.[115] Instead of repressing, he argues, we should accept ourselves unconditionally.[115] "We have been repressing anger, greed, sex ... And that's why every human being is stinking. ... Let it become manure, ... and you will have great flowers blossoming in you."[117] This solution could not be intellectually understood, as the mind would only assimilate it as one more piece of baggage: instead, what was needed was meditation.[115]

On meditation

According to Osho, meditation is not just a practice, but a state of awareness that can be maintained in every moment.[115] He used Western psychotherapy as a means of preparing for meditation – a way to become aware of one's mental and emotional hang-ups – and also introduced his own, "Active Meditation" techniques, characterised by alternating stages of physical activity and silence.[118] In all, he suggested over a hundred meditation techniques.[118]

The most famous of these remains his first, known today as OSHO Dynamic Meditation.[118] This method has been described as a kind of microcosm of Osho's outlook.[119] It comprises five stages that are accompanied by music (except for stage 4).[118] In the first, the person engages in ten minutes of rapid breathing through the nose.[118] The second ten minutes are for catharsis: "[L]et whatever is happening happen. ... Laugh, shout, scream, jump, shake – whatever you feel to do, do it!"[118] For the next ten minutes, the person jumps up and down with their arms raised, shouting Hoo! each time they land on the flats of their feet.[120] In the fourth, silent stage, the person freezes, remaining completely motionless for fifteen minutes, and witnessing everything that is happening to them.[120] The last stage of the meditation consists of fifteen minutes of dancing and celebration.[120]

There are other active meditation techniques, like OSHO Kundalini Meditation and OSHO Nadabrahma Meditation, which are less animated, although they also include physical activity of one sort or another.[118] His final formal technique is called OSHO Mystic Rose, comprising three hours of laughing every day for the first week, three hours of weeping each day for the second, with the third week for silent meditation. The result of these processes is said to be the experience of "witnessing", enabling the "jump into awareness".[118]

Osho believed such cathartic methods were necessary, since it was very difficult for people of today to just sit and be in meditation. Once the methods had provided a glimpse of meditation, people would be able to use other methods without difficulty.[121]

On the function of the master

Another key ingredient of his teaching is his own presence as a master: "A Master shares his being with you, not his philosophy. ... He never does anything to the disciple."[122] He delighted in being paradoxical and engaging in behaviour that seemed entirely at odds with traditional images of enlightened individuals.[122] All such behaviour, however capricious and difficult to accept, was explained as "a technique for transformation" to push people "beyond the mind."[122] The initiation he offered his followers was another such device: "... if your being can communicate with me, it becomes a communion. ... It is the highest form of communication possible: a transmission without words. Our beings merge. This is possible only if you become a disciple."[122] Ultimately though, Osho even deconstructed his own authority.[123] He emphasised that anything and everything could become an opportunity for meditation.[122]

On renunciation

Osho saw his sannyas as a totally new form of spiritual discipline, or "a totally ancient one which had been completely forgotten".[124] He felt traditional sannyas had turned into a mere system of social renunciation and imitation.[124] His neo-sannyas emphasised complete inner freedom and responsibility of the individual to himself, demanding no superficial behavioral changes, but a deeper, inner transformation.[124] Desires were to be transcended, accepted and surpassed rather than denied.[124] Once this inner flowering had taken place, even sex would be left behind.[124]

On the "New Man"

By the aforementioned means, Osho hoped to create "a new man" combining the spirituality of Gautama Buddha with the zest for life embodied by Zorba the Greek in the novel by Nikos Kazantzakis:[122] "He should be as accurate and objective as a scientist ... as sensitive, as full of heart, as a poet ... [and as] rooted deep down in his being as the mystic."[125] This new man, "Zorba the Buddha", should reject neither science nor spirituality, but embrace them both.[122] He believed humanity to be threatened with extinction due to over-population, impending nuclear holocaust, and diseases such as AIDS, and thought that many of society's ills could be remedied by scientific means.[122]

The new man would no longer be trapped in institutions such as family, marriage, political ideologies, or religions.[126] In this respect, Osho has much in common with other counter-culture gurus, and perhaps even certain postmodern and deconstructional thinkers.[127] His term the "new man" applied to men and women equally, whose roles he saw as complementary; indeed, most of his movement's leadership positions were held by women.[126]

Summary

In the course of his life, Osho spoke on all the major spiritual traditions, including Tantra, Taoism, Christianity, Buddhism, Yoga, the teachings of a variety of mystics, and on sacred scriptures such as the Upanishads and the Guru Granth Sahib.[126] But the topic that predominated, and on which he came to focus exclusively towards the end of his life, was Zen.[126]

If Osho's teachings seemed mad, playful or simply absurd, this was no doubt intentional: as an explicitly "self-deconstructing" or "self-parodying" guru, his teaching as a whole was said to be nothing more than a "game" or a joke.[127] His early lectures were famous for their humour and their refusal to take anything seriously.[127] His message of sexual, emotional, spiritual, and institutional liberation, as well as his contrariness, ensured that his life was surrounded by conjecture, rumour, and controversy.[126]

Offline HokBen

• KalyanaMitta
Re: Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh a.k.a Osho
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2008, 01:45:16 PM »
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_crux_of_Osho's_teachings

OSHO

We say osho was a guru, philosopher, teacher, thinker, etc. but he was none of these. He is a knower. He knows what is to be known. We call it truth but he never claimed that what he says is truth, instead he said that the moment you put truth into words it becomes a lie. Truth is an experience that can only be felt not fact that can be stated. The fact is that he underwent this experience but the experience remains an experience and only an experience.

He further adds that such experience is beyond words and to describe in words which words are not capable of describing is nothing less then making a false statement. Osho underwent this experience of truth and he talked about it. We call it his teachings but we must understand if I known how an apple taste and with all possible means I am trying to tell you how it taste then its not teaching you how an apple taste how can I teach you to taste an apple!! It will taste as it taste, its sharing, Sharing the feel of the apple nothing more nothing less.

He did not teach he shared and the only aim of this sharing was to make as see that we are missing something. Something that he did not miss we may call it truth its an attractive word after all but I prefer calling it something as I do not know what it is that he did not miss and I am and that is it, that's the crux of his teaching if you want to call it teaching. He wanted us to know that there is something to be known far important and basic to any other thing that is.

The crux of his teaching was to generate the want to know, to give humans their true nature back that is to be curious, curious about what? Well this is for us to find out as what is to be known is something that can not be conveyed can only be felt.

If I am wrong or I lack somewhere please let me know, it becomes easier to know what is to be known when you know what is not to be known.

SAMANVAYA

Offline HokBen

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2008, 01:47:00 PM »
Yo... sekali lagi.. apakah ini comot2 atau salah satu "jalan" ?

================================================

Osho interacts with Buddhist

http://www.oshoworld.com/biography/innercontent.asp?FileName=biography5/05-26-buddhists.txt

================================

I love the Gautam Buddha as I have loved nobody else. I have been speaking on him throughout my whole life. Even speaking on others I have been speaking on him. Take note of it, it is a confession. I cannot speak on  without bringing Buddha in; I cannot speak on Mohammed without bringing Buddha in. Whether I mention him directly or not that's another matter. It is really impossible for me to speak without bringing Buddha in. He is my very blood, my bones, my very marrow. He is my silence, also my song. book06

Ordinarily religions like Christianity or Mohammedanism are afraid that if they allow somebody to come too close, they may lose their own identity. Buddhism was never afraid, and it never lost its identity.
I have been to Buddhist conferences where people from Tibet and Japan and Sri Lanka and China and Burma and other countries were present, and that has been my one experience—that they all differed with each other, but they were still connected with a single devotion towards Gautam Buddha. About that there was no problem, no conflict.
And this was the only conference—I have attended many conferences of other different religions, but this had something unique about it, because I was using my own experience in interpreting the teachings of Buddha. They were all different, and I was bringing still another different interpretation.
But they listened silently, lovingly, patiently, and thanked me, "We have not been aware that this interpretation is also possible. You have made us aware of a certain aspect of Buddha, and for twenty-five centuries thousands of people have interpreted it, but have never pointed this out."
One of the Buddhist leaders, Bhadant Anand Kausalyayan, told me, "Whatever you say sounds right. The stories that you tell about Gautam Buddha look absolutely true, but I have been searching into scriptures—my whole life I have devoted to the scriptures—and a few of your stories are not described anywhere."
I asked him, "For example?"
And he said, "One story I have loved. I looked again and again in every possible source—for three years I have been looking into it. It is not described anywhere; you must have invented it."
The story I have told many times. Gautam Buddha is walking on the road. A fly sits on his head, and he goes on talking with Ananda, his disciple, and mechanically moves his hand and the fly goes away. Then he stops, suddenly—because he has done that movement of the hand without awareness. And to him that is the only wrong thing in life—to do anything without awareness, even moving your hand, although you have not harmed anybody.
So he stands and again takes his hand through the same posture of waving away the fly—although there is no fly any more. Ananda is just surprised at what he is doing, and he says, "The fly you have brushed away from your face long before. What are you doing now? There is no fly."
Buddha said, "What I am doing now is…that time I moved my hand mechanically, like a robot. It was a mistake. Now I am doing it as I should have done, just to teach me a lesson so that never again anything like this happens. Now I am moving my hand with full awareness. The fly is not the point. The point is, whether in my hand there is awareness and grace and love and compassion, or not. Now it is right. It should have been this way."
I had told that story in Nagpur at a Buddhist conference. Anand Kausalyayan heard it there, and three years later in Bodhgaya—where there was an international conference of the Buddhists—he said, "The story was so beautiful, so essentially Buddhist, that I wanted to believe that it was true. But in the scriptures it is not there."
I said, "Forget the scriptures. The question is whether the story is essentially characteristic of Gautam Buddha or not, whether it carries some message of Gautam Buddha or not."
He said, "It does, certainly. This is his essential teaching: awareness in every action. But it is not historical."
I said, "Who cares about history?"
And in that conference I told them, "You should remember it, that history is a Western concept. In the East we have never cared about history because history only collects facts. In the East there is no word equivalent to history, and in the East there was no tradition of writing history. In the East, instead of history we have been writing mythology.
"Mythology may not be factual, but it has the truth in it. A myth may have never happened. It is not a photograph of a fact; it is a painting. And there is a difference between a photograph and a painting. A painting brings out something of you which no photograph can bring out. The photograph can only bring out your outlines.
"A great painter can bring you out in it—your sadness, your blissfulness, your silence. The photograph cannot catch hold of it because they are not physical things. But a great painter or a great sculptor can manage to catch hold of them. He's not much concerned about the outlines, he is much more concerned about the inner reality."
And I told the conference, "I would like this story to be added to the scriptures because all the scriptures were written after Gautam Buddha's death—three hundred years afterwards. So what difference does it make if I add few more stories after twenty-five centuries, not three centuries. The whole question is that it should represent the essential reality, the basic taste."
And you will be surprised that people agreed with me; even Bhadant Anand Kausalyayan agreed with me. This kind of understanding and agreement is a Buddhist phenomenon, it is a speciality which has happened in different branches of Buddhism.
And I am not even a Buddhist. And they went on inviting me to their conferences. And I told them, "I am not a Buddhist."
They said, "That does not matter. What you say is closer to Gautam Buddha than what we say—although we are Buddhists."
You cannot expect that from Christians or Mohammedans or Hindus. They are fanatics.
Buddhism is a non-fanatic religion. transm21

There exists now in Sarnath a great institution teaching the philosophy of Buddha and his language, Pali. The director of the institute, Bhikkshu Jagdish Kashyap, invited me to his institute to speak on Gautam the Buddha, but I had to leave after one day. He had come to take me to the station. He said, "This is strange; why are you leaving after one day?"
I said, "For the same reason that Gautam Buddha left this place after one day."
He said, "It is strange, but we have been discussing…" and he was a Buddhist, "We have been discussing for all these centuries why he did not stay."
I said, "You are all idiots! Just see! I have moved around the whole country but I have never seen such big mosquitoes." And Buddha was not using mosquito nets. It would have been difficult carrying a mosquito net, he was traveling and traveling.
But I told Jagdish Kashyap, "You should at least give mosquito nets to every student and scholar and researcher in your institute, not only for the night but for the day too."
I stayed there for twenty-four hours inside a mosquito net! nomind03

I have experienced many times—because I have lived with many so-called saints—that saints are the worst company in the world. You cannot imagine: to live with a saint for twenty-four hours is enough to make you decide never to be a saint. From the morning till the night they are moving like robots, everything according to principle.
The Buddhist monk has thirty-three thousand principles. I told one Buddhist monk…he is an Englishman, converted at an early age—now he is very old. Bhikkhu Sangha Rakshita is his name, and he has lived in Kalimpong between Tibet and India, almost his whole life. He has written beautiful books on Tibetanism, and is certainly one of its authorities as far as scholarship is concerned.
Just by chance I was holding a camp in Bodh Gaya where Buddha became enlightened, and he had come to pay homage to the temple and to the tree where Buddha became enlightened. Just by coincidence I was also there sitting under the tree when he came. We became friends.
I told Sangha Rakshita, "I cannot visualize myself ever becoming a Buddhist monk because my memory is not good. Thirty-three thousand principles! Following all those principles is out of the question; I cannot even remember them. And if you are following thirty-three thousand principles in such a small life, where will you find time to live or to breathe? Those thirty-three thousand principles will kill you from all sides." dark30

I had a case sent to me from Ceylon, which is a Buddhist country, with so many Buddhist priests preaching Vipassana meditation…. The technique is so simple, but they have never done it themselves. To teach anything to anybody which you have not done—and experienced all its possibilities, consequences, difficulties, problems that it can lead you into—then you are a criminal.
This man who was sent to me was a Buddhist monk. He had lost his sleep for three years, and every treatment was done but no treatment was successful; no medicine would work. He had been told by his teacher—I cannot call him a master—to do Vipassana in the night. Even if you do Vipassana in the day, its effects will carry into the night; that's why I am suggesting the most distant point, before sunrise. Just two hours are enough; more than that…even nectar can become poison in a certain quantity.
Vipassana for ten hours a day can drive anybody mad….
Vipassana is one of the greatest meditations, but only in the hands of a master. In the hands of a technician it is the greatest danger. Either the man can become enlightened or the man can become mad; both possibilities are there, it all depends under whose guidance it is being done.
When the Ceylonese monk was sent to me I said, "I am not a Buddhist, and you have been under the guidance of Buddhist monks. What was the need for you to come to me?"
He said, "They have all failed. They have taught me, but they cannot cure me. And I am going crazy. I cannot sleep a single wink."
When he told me this…Buddhist monks are not supposed to laugh, but I told him a joke. For a moment he was shocked, because he had come very seriously. I told him that a man in England, no ordinary man but a very rich lord, was asking another lord—with the English attitude, mannerism: "Is it right that you slept with my wife last night?" And the other lord said, "My friend, not a wink."
Even the Buddhist monk laughed. He said, "You are a strange person. I have come from Ceylon and you tell me a joke! And I am a religious man."
I said, "That's why I am telling you a religious joke. If you stay with me I will tell you irreligious jokes too."
I said, "Your problem is not curable by any medicine. Your problem is created by your Vipassana."
He said, "Vipassana? But Vipassana was the meditation of Gautam Buddha; through it he became enlightened."
I said, "You are not a Gautam Buddha, and you don't understand that Vipassana done after sunset is very dangerous. If you do Vipassana for just two hours in the night, then you cannot sleep. It creates such awareness in you that that awareness continues the whole night." pilgr07

I have been searching for jokes which have their origin in India. I have not found a single one. Serious people…always talking about God and heaven and hell and reincarnation and the philosophy of karma. The joke does not fit in anywhere.
When I started talking—and I was talking about meditation—I might tell a joke. Once in a while some Jaina monk or a Buddhist monk or a Hindu preacher would come to me and say, "You were talking so beautifully about meditation, but why did you bring in that joke? It destroyed everything. People started laughing. They were getting serious. You destroyed all your effort. You did something for half an hour to make them serious, and then you told a joke and you destroyed the whole thing. Why in the world should you tell a joke? Buddha never told a joke. Krishna never told a joke."
I would say, "I am neither Buddha nor Krishna, and I am not interested in seriousness."
In fact, because they were becoming serious, I had to bring in that joke. I don't want anybody to become serious. I want everybody to be playful. And life has to become, more and more, closer to laughter than seriousness.

Offline nyanadhana

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 77
  • Kebenaran melampaui batas persepsi agama...
« Reply #3 on: 04 July 2008, 03:10:42 PM »
ada kasus homonya lho,isu yang beredar dia homo.... :)) ^:)^
Sadhana is nothing but where a disciplined one, the love, talks to one’s own soul. It is nothing but where one cleans his own mind.

Offline HokBen

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #4 on: 04 July 2008, 07:10:12 PM »
Gay???

===========================

isu atau beneran yah? ada search and ktemu di google blog yg dibikin salah satu "gay lovers" sh...

http://swamipremarpana.blogspot.com/2007/05/remember-each-human-being-maybe-human.html

Offline SandalJepit

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 3
« Reply #5 on: 04 July 2008, 09:45:46 PM »
Memang sekarang ini di negara barat banyak sekali para master yang mengaku non-agama. motivasi mereka untuk mencari kebenaran sejati sebenarnya bagus. namun karena mereka belum memiliki keyakinan pada ajaran Buddha, mereka mencari-cari kebenaran di dalam agama lain pula.

menurut saya di agama lain ada juga kebenaran, tetapi pada suatu saat seseorang harus memilih untuk mengikuti ajaran yang mana.. kalau tidak memilih sama saja seperti orang yang bimbang tiada pedoman hidup.

tentang osho sendiri, di awal karirnya sebagai seorang spiritual, dia seorang yang bagus. namun di akhir hidupnya dia tergoda ....