//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: Steve Jobs  (Read 14817 times)

Offline Predator

• Sebelumnya: Radi_muliawan
  • Sahabat Baik
  • Reputasi: 34
  • Idealis tapi realistis dan realistis walau idealis
Steve Jobs
« on: 06 October 2011, 07:01:40 AM »
Steve Jobs sang visioner telah meninggal dunia

Demikian kabar yg di umumkan : http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/
susah dan senang, sakit dan sehat selalu silih berganti

Offline Mas Tidar

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 82
Re: Steve Jobs
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2011, 07:08:41 AM »

terlahir dimanakah si Doi....
Saccena me samo natthi, Esa me saccaparamiti

"One who sees the Dhamma sees me. One who sees me sees the Dhamma." Buddha

Offline Anestan

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 106
« Reply #2 on: 06 October 2011, 08:22:16 AM »
can't believe it  :'(

Offline Mas Tidar

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #3 on: 06 October 2011, 08:27:44 AM »
Spoiler: ShowHide

Offline adi lim

• Sebelumnya: adiharto
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 108
  • Sabbe Satta Bhavantu Sukhitatta
« Reply #4 on: 06 October 2011, 09:01:43 AM »
Semoga terlahir alam Bahagia
Seringlah PancaKhanda direnungkan sebagai Ini Bukan MILIKKU, Ini Bukan AKU, Ini Bukan DIRIKU, bermanfaat mengurangi keSERAKAHan, mengurangi keSOMBONGan, Semoga dapat menjauhi Pandangan SALAH.

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 219
  • Crispy Lotus Root
turut berduka cita...
« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2011, 09:06:01 AM »
suatu saat, giliran kita juga...

bagaimana seorang bukan lulusan IT dan bahkan lulus dlm universitas dpt membuat perusahaan Apple
menjadi perusahaan yg paling innovative dan diseganin seluruh dunia !

semoga saham2nya ada disumbangkan ke Yayasan amal sehingga kehidupan yad dia lebih baik lagi!...

ada yg punya info mengenai keluarga Steve Jobs ?

apa yg anda ingat mengenai SJ atau produknya ?

kalau gw... product yg benar2 mudah dipakai...dan juga inovatif....

semoga SJ cepat reincarnasi lagi ke dunia utk menyeramakan kemajuan IT !

« Last Edit: 06 October 2011, 09:32:07 AM by johan3000 »
Nagasena : salah satu dari delapan penyebab matangnya kebijaksanaan dgn seringnya bertanya

Offline dilbert

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 90
  • "vayadhamma sankhara appamadena sampadetha"
« Reply #6 on: 06 October 2011, 09:32:08 AM »
Apakah Steve Jobs Buddhist ?
VAYADHAMMA SANKHARA APPAMADENA SAMPADETHA
Semua yang berkondisi tdak kekal adanya, berjuanglah dengan penuh kewaspadaan

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Crispy Lotus Root
« Reply #7 on: 06 October 2011, 09:49:04 AM »

Love is the answer... (apakah dia Buddhist) ?
Nagasena : salah satu dari delapan penyebab matangnya kebijaksanaan dgn seringnya bertanya

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Crispy Lotus Root
salam utk Steve Jobs
« Reply #10 on: 06 October 2011, 11:03:35 AM »
Barack Obama

Michelle and I are saddened to learn of the passing of Steve Jobs. Steve was among the greatest of American innovators - brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it.

By building one of the planet's most successful companies from his garage, he exemplified the spirit of American ingenuity. By making computers personal and putting the internet in our pockets, he made the information revolution not only accessible, but intuitive and fun. And by turning his talents to storytelling, he has brought joy to millions of children and grownups alike. Steve was fond of saying that he lived every day like it was his last. Because he did, he transformed our lives, redefined entire industries, and achieved one of the rarest feats in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world.

The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve's success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented. Michelle and I send our thoughts and prayers to Steve's wife Laurene, his family, and all those who loved him.

Bill Gates

I'm truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs' death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.

Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives. The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.

For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it's been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.

Tim Cook, Apple CEO [in an email to Apple employees]

Team,

I have some very sad news to share with all of you. Steve passed away earlier today.

Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.

We are planning a celebration of Steve's extraordinary life for Apple employees that will take place soon. If you would like to share your thoughts, memories and condolences in the interim, you can simply email rememberingsteve [at] apple.com.

No words can adequately express our sadness at Steve's death or our gratitude for the opportunity to work with him. We will honor his memory by dedicating ourselves to continuing the work he loved so much.

Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO

Steve, thank you for being a mentor and a friend. Thanks for showing that what you build can change the world. I will miss you.

Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO

I want to express my deepest condolences at the passing of Steve Jobs, one of the founders of our industry and a true visionary. My heart goes out to his family, everyone at Apple and everyone who has been touched by his work.

Bob Iger, Disney CEO

Steve Jobs was a great friend as well as a trusted advisor. His legacy will extend far beyond the products he created or the businesses he built. It will be the millions of people he inspired, the lives he changed and the culture he defined. Steve was such an 'original,' with a thoroughly creative, imaginative mind that defined an era. Despite all he accomplished, it feels like he was just getting started. With his passing the world has lost a rare original, Disney has lost a member of our family, and I have lost a great friend.

Dick Costolo, Twitter CEO

Once in a rare while, somebody comes along who doesnt just raise the bar, they create an entirely new standard of measurement.

Larry Page, Google CEO

I am very, very sad to hear the news about Steve. He was a great man with incredible achievements and amazing brilliance. He always seemed to be able to say in very few words what you actually should have been thinking before you thought it. His focus on the user experience above all else has always been an inspiration to me. He was very kind to reach out to me as I became CEO of Google and spend time offering his advice and knowledge even though he was not at all well. My thoughts and Google's are with his family and the whole Apple family.

Sergey Brin, Google Co-founder

From the earliest days of Google, whenever Larry and I sought inspiration for vision and leadership, we needed to look no farther than Cupertino. Steve, your passion for excellence is felt by anyone who has ever touched an Apple product (including the macbook I am writing this on right now). And I have witnessed it in person the few times we have met. On behalf of all of us at Google and more broadly in technology, you will be missed very much. My condolences to family, friends, and colleagues at Apple.
« Last Edit: 06 October 2011, 11:05:14 AM by johan3000 »

Offline TonyAndHollywood

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 5
  • Semoga semua mahluk berbahagia
« Reply #11 on: 06 October 2011, 11:10:52 AM »
Semoga beliau tumimbal lahir di alam bahagia.

Offline dilbert

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 90
  • "vayadhamma sankhara appamadena sampadetha"
« Reply #12 on: 06 October 2011, 11:12:19 AM »
Semoga beliau tumimbal lahir di alam bahagia.

Tapi banyak ucapan RIP (Rest In Peace) yang artinya beristirahat dengan tenang -- sampai dengan jaman penghakiman (judgement day) --> Karesten mode
VAYADHAMMA SANKHARA APPAMADENA SAMPADETHA
Semua yang berkondisi tdak kekal adanya, berjuanglah dengan penuh kewaspadaan

Offline TonyAndHollywood

• Sahabat
« Reply #13 on: 06 October 2011, 11:24:53 AM »
Tapi banyak ucapan RIP (Rest In Peace) yang artinya beristirahat dengan tenang -- sampai dengan jaman penghakiman (judgement day) --> Karesten mode

Beliau memang tdk pernah secara terbuka mengatakan beliau adalah Buddhist, tapi teman2 dan orang2 dekatnya banyak yg yakin beliau adlh seorang Buddhist, pernikahannya kan juga dilakukan secara Buddhist.

Situs CNN juga menulis Beliau adalah seorang Buddhist di salah satu berita mengenai meninggalnya Beliau,  tetapi CNN juga menambahkan bahwa Alm Steve Jobs sepertinya tdk takut pada karma......

« Last Edit: 06 October 2011, 11:59:50 AM by TonyAndHollywood »

Offline Predator

• Sahabat Baik
« Reply #14 on: 06 October 2011, 01:09:10 PM »
Beliau memang tdk pernah secara terbuka mengatakan beliau adalah Buddhist, tapi teman2 dan orang2 dekatnya banyak yg yakin beliau adlh seorang Buddhist, pernikahannya kan juga dilakukan secara Buddhist.

Situs CNN juga menulis Beliau adalah seorang Buddhist di salah satu berita mengenai meninggalnya Beliau,  tetapi CNN juga menambahkan bahwa Alm Steve Jobs sepertinya tdk takut pada karma......

responsnya terhadap masalah :
Lam e-mailed Jobs about three weeks before the Apple creator's death apologizing and saying he should have even considered quitting shortly afterwards. While no direct response came, a very close contact of Jobs' had said that the CEO considered it "all water under the bridge." The message and news provided a sense of peace.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/10/06/former.gizmodo.writer.praises.jobs.grace/

Former Gizmodo writer praises Jobs grace

Former Gizmodo editor and now Wirecutter founder Brian Lam revealed Wednesday evening that the late Steve Jobs had been kind even at the height of the incident surrounding the escaped iPhone 4 prototype. Recalling the conversation after the initial story, he noted that Steve just said he "really want[ed] my phone back" and emphasized that he wasn't mad at the news outlet. While he clearly got upset after the site refused to give the iPhone back without a formal letter, Jobs delicately ended a following call, telling Lam "you're just doing your job."

Jobs' constant desire to succeed and produce the best product possible even saw him ask for feedback from Lam on the look of the iPhone 4 prototype. "What do you think of it?" the CEO asked.

Lam himself expressed some regret that may have reached Jobs before his death. While he had no regrets about posting the initial leak, he wished sometime afterwards that his outlet had returned the iPhone prototype without questions.

"I probably would have given the phone back without asking for the letter," Lam explained. "And I would have done the story about the engineer who lost it with more compassion and without naming him. Steve said we'd had our fun and we had the first story but we were being greedy. And he was right. We were. It was sore winning. And we were also being short sighted. And, sometimes, I wish we never found that phone at all."

Lam e-mailed Jobs about three weeks before the Apple creator's death apologizing and saying he should have even considered quitting shortly afterwards. While no direct response came, a very close contact of Jobs' had said that the CEO considered it "all water under the bridge." The message and news provided a sense of peace.

Offline TonyAndHollywood

• Sahabat
« Reply #15 on: 06 October 2011, 04:08:54 PM »
responsnya terhadap masalah :

http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/10/06/former.gizmodo.writer.praises.jobs.grace/

Former Gizmodo writer praises Jobs grace

Former Gizmodo editor and now Wirecutter founder Brian Lam revealed Wednesday evening that the late Steve Jobs had been kind even at the height of the incident surrounding the escaped iPhone 4 prototype. Recalling the conversation after the initial story, he noted that Steve just said he "really want[ed] my phone back" and emphasized that he wasn't mad at the news outlet. While he clearly got upset after the site refused to give the iPhone back without a formal letter, Jobs delicately ended a following call, telling Lam "you're just doing your job."

Jobs' constant desire to succeed and produce the best product possible even saw him ask for feedback from Lam on the look of the iPhone 4 prototype. "What do you think of it?" the CEO asked.

Lam himself expressed some regret that may have reached Jobs before his death. While he had no regrets about posting the initial leak, he wished sometime afterwards that his outlet had returned the iPhone prototype without questions.

"I probably would have given the phone back without asking for the letter," Lam explained. "And I would have done the story about the engineer who lost it with more compassion and without naming him. Steve said we'd had our fun and we had the first story but we were being greedy. And he was right. We were. It was sore winning. And we were also being short sighted. And, sometimes, I wish we never found that phone at all."

Thanks Bro Radi Muliawan,
Saya semakin kagum sama Almarhum Steve Jobs.......
 _/\_
« Last Edit: 06 October 2011, 04:13:56 PM by TonyAndHollywood »

Offline El Sol

• Sebelumnya: El Sol
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 6
« Reply #16 on: 06 October 2011, 04:57:08 PM »
dia Buddhist...:)

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Crispy Lotus Root
Lisa, anak Steve Jobs yg pertama
« Reply #17 on: 06 October 2011, 11:56:13 PM »

Lisa Brennan-Jobs

From Wikipedia(View original Wikipedia Article) Last modified on 6 October 2011, at 03:12
Lisa Brennan-Jobs

Lisa Brennan-Jobs in Montenegro
Born   May 17, 1978 (age 33)
Occupation   Writer
Nationality   American
Citizenship   American
Education   Harvard University
Relative(s)   Steve Jobs (father)
Chris-Ann Brennan (mother)
Laurene Powell Jobs (stepmother)
lisabrennanjobs.net
Lisa Nicole Brennan-Jobs (born May 17, 1978) is an American journalist and magazine writer, and is the daughter of the late Steve Jobs (former Chairman and co-founder of Apple Inc.) and Chris-Ann Brennan.[1][2]
Early life

Lisa Brennan-Jobs grew up with her mother, Chris-Ann Brennan, in California. When she was born, Jobs refused to acknowledge paternity, so that she was raised on welfare for the first two years of her life.[1]
She was born just as Apple Computer began to experience significant growth. The Apple Lisa computer, invented the year she was born, was allegedly named after her, though, officially, Apple stated that the name was an acronym for Local Integrated Software Architecture.
Education and career

Brennan-Jobs graduated from Harvard University in 2000[1] and then moved to Europe.
She is a writer and her essays are available at lisabrennanjobs.net. She has been published in The Southwest Review, The Massachusetts Review, Harvard Crimson,[3] The Harvard Advocate, Spiked, Vogue and O, The Oprah Magazine.

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Crispy Lotus Root
Wozniak Tearfully Remembers His Friend Steve
« Reply #18 on: 07 October 2011, 01:07:41 PM »

Offline Predator

• Sahabat Baik
« Reply #19 on: 07 October 2011, 04:54:25 PM »

di tinggal hopeng, temen jackass sekaligus temen petualang ide-ide dunia IT :)

Offline Predator

• Sahabat Baik
« Reply #20 on: 07 October 2011, 10:42:27 PM »
dia Buddhist...:)

selain Steve Jobs ada juga yg pengalamannya mirip, yaitu Peter Norton (Norton Untility)..
sama-sama mengenali buddhism dan menggunduli kepalanya

==================
http://www.nndb.com/people/704/000030614/

MS-DOS utilities programmer famous for Norton Utilities, sold his business to Symantec, a company which produces few original products of its own but thrives instead on acquisitions. Popularized the "Norton pose", a smug, arms-cross, "I Have What You Need" look. Of course, this was after his "I Am a Buddhist Monk" period where he shaved his head around 1971. Now a major collector of contemporary art. Estimated net worth as of 1998, $300-400 million.

==================

kesimpulannya : walau kita sama-sama mengenal buddhism dan nantinya sama-sama digunduli, hasilnya tetap sulit menjadi seperti mereka :D

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Crispy Lotus Root
« Reply #21 on: 10 October 2011, 04:32:43 PM »

oh ternyata di kayangan juga pakai iPad,... jadi steve dpt keistimewaan ?

Offline Mokau Kaucu

• Sebelumnya: dtgvajra
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 81
« Reply #22 on: 11 October 2011, 12:45:01 AM »

oh ternyata di kayangan juga pakai iPad,... jadi steve dpt keistimewaan ?

P***us mencoba access ke forum Dhammacitta, tapi ngga bisa, maknya dia panggil Steve Job menghadap.
 :)) :)) :))
~Life is suffering, why should we make it more?~

Offline williamhalim

• Sebelumnya: willibordus
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 134
« Reply #23 on: 11 October 2011, 03:12:47 PM »
selain diatas, ini nambah sumber info satu lagi..
semoga lebih termotivasi dalam praktik....

Walaupun seseorang dapat menaklukkan beribu-ribu musuh dalam beribu kali pertempuran, namun sesungguhnya penakluk terbesar adalah orang yang dapat menaklukkan dirinya sendiri (Dhammapada 103)

Offline Anestan

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #24 on: 02 December 2011, 09:10:42 PM »
Steve Jobs: Thoughts on Life

This short clip of Steve Jobs sharing his thoughts on life is well worth watching. Taken from a 1995 interview when Jobs was still working at NeXT, he reflects on some important lessons and simple facts about life and the world around us. Here’s a great inspirational quote:

“Everything around you that you call life, was made up by people who were no smarter than you”

It’s just under 2 minutes long, don’t miss it.

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Crispy Lotus Root
« Reply #25 on: 05 December 2011, 07:07:17 PM »
katanya steve jobs memang lihai...

dia mengerjakan proyek (coding) dgn Atari pada malam harinya....

nah tao nya Steve Wozniac yg sebenarnya menyelesaikan coding tsb...
dgn menerima bayaran $350 dari SJ,

nah SJ menerima bayaran dari Atari $5,000.-

Offline bluppy

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 65
« Reply #26 on: 05 December 2011, 07:53:16 PM »
sebagai penyeimbang saja

What Everyone Is Too Polite to Say About Steve Jobs

In the days after Steve Jobs' death, friends and colleagues have, in customary fashion, been sharing their fondest memories of the Apple co-founder. He's been hailed as "a genius" and "the greatest CEO of his generation" by pundits and tech journalists. But a great man's reputation can withstand a full accounting. And, truth be told, Jobs could be terrible to people, and his impact on the world was not uniformly positive.

We mentioned much of the good Jobs did during his career earlier. His accomplishments were far-reaching and impossible to easily summarize. But here's one way of looking at the scope of his achievement: It's the dream of any entrepreneur to effect change in one industry. Jobs transformed half a dozen of them forever, from personal computers to phones to animation to music to publishing to video games. He was a polymath, a skilled motivator, a decisive judge, a farsighted tastemaker, an excellent showman, and a gifted strategist.

One thing he wasn't, though, was perfect. Indeed there were things Jobs did while at Apple that were deeply disturbing. Rude, dismissive, hostile, spiteful: Apple employees—the ones not bound by confidentiality agreements—have had a different story to tell over the years about Jobs and the bullying, manipulation and fear that followed him around Apple. Jobs contributed to global problems, too. Apple's success has been built literally on the backs of Chinese workers, many of them children and all of them enduring long shifts and the specter of brutal penalties for mistakes. And, for all his talk of enabling individual expression, Jobs imposed paranoid rules that centralized control of who could say what on his devices and in his company.

It's particularly important to take stock of Jobs' flaws right now. His successor, Tim Cook, has the opportunity to set a new course for the company, and to establish his own style of leadership. And, thanks to Apple's success, students of Jobs' approach to leadership have never been so numerous in Silicon Valley. He was worshipped and emulated plenty when he was alive; in death, Jobs will be even more of an icon.

After celebrating Jobs' achievements, we should talk freely about the dark side of Jobs and the company he co-founded. Here, then, is a catalog of lowlights:
Censorship and Authoritarianism

What Everyone Is Too Polite to Say About Steve JobsThe internet allowed people around the world to express themselves more freely and more easily. With the App Store, Apple reversed that progress. The iPhone and iPad constitute the most popular platform for handheld computerizing in America, key venues for media and software. But to put anything on the devices, you need Apple's permission. And the company wields its power aggressively.

In the name of protecting children from the evils of erotica — "freedom from porn" — and adults from one another, Jobs has banned from being installed on his devices gay art, gay travel guides, political cartoons, sexy pictures, Congressional candidate pamphlets, political caricature, Vogue fashion spreads, systems invented by the opposition, and other things considered morally suspect.

Apple's devices have connected us to a world of information. But they don't permit a full expression of ideas. Indeed, the people Apple supposedly serves — "the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers" — have been particularly put out by Jobs' lockdown. That America's most admired company has followed such an un-American path, and imposed centralized restrictions typical of the companies it once mocked, is deeply disturbing.

But then Jobs never seemed comfortable with the idea of fully empowered workers or a truly free press. Inside Apple, there is a culture of fear and control around communication; Apple's "Worldwide Loyalty Team" specializes in hunting down leakers, confiscating mobile phones and searching computers.

Apple applies coercive tactics to the press, as well. Its first response to stories it doesn't like is typically manipulation and badgering, for example, threatening to withhold access to events and executives. Next, it might leak a contradictory story.

What Everyone Is Too Polite to Say About Steve JobsBut Apple doesn't stop there. It has a fearsome legal team that is not above annihilating smaller prey. In 2005, for example, the company sued 19-year-old blogger Nick Ciarelli for correctly reporting, prior to launch, the existence of the Mac Mini. The company did not back down until Ciarelli agreed to close his blog ThinkSecret forever. Last year, after our sister blog Gizmodo ran a video of a prototype iPhone 4, Apple complained to law enforcement, who promptly raided an editor's home.

And just last month, in the creepiest example of Apple's fascist tendencies, two of Apple's private security agents searched the home of a San Francisco man and threatened him and his family with immigration trouble as part of an scramble for a missing iPhone prototype. The man said the security agents were accompanied by plainclothes police and did not identify themselves as private citizens, lending the impression they were law enforcement officers.
Sweatshops, Child Labor and Human Rights

Apple's factories in China have regularly employed young teenagers and people below the legal work age of 16, made people work grueling hours, and have tried to cover all this up. That's according to Apple's own 2010 report about its factories in China. In 2011, Apple reported that its child labor problem had worsened.

In 2010, the Daily Mail managed to get a reporter inside a facility in China that manufactures products for Apple and the paper shared a bit about what life is like:

With the complex at peak production, operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week to meet the global demand for Apple phones and computers, a typical day begins with the Chinese national anthem being played over loudspeakers, with the words: 'Arise, arise, arise, millions of hearts with one mind.'

As part of this Orwellian control, the public address system constantly relays propaganda, such as how many products have been made; how a new basketball court has been built for the workers; and why workers should 'value efficiency every minute, every second'.

With other company slogans painted on workshop walls - including exhortations to 'achieve goals unless the sun no longer rises' and to 'gather all of the elite and Foxconn will get stronger and stronger' - the employees work up to 15-hour shifts.

Down narrow, prison-like corridors, they sleep in cramped rooms in triple-decked bunk beds to save space, with simple bamboo mats for mattresses.

Despite summer temperatures hitting 35 degrees, with 90 per cent humidity, there is no air-conditioning. Workers say some dormitories house more than 40 people and are infested with ants and cockroaches, with the noise and stench making it difficult to sleep.

A company can be judged by how it treats its lowliest workers. It sets an example for the rest of the company or in Apple's case, the world.

What Everyone Is Too Polite to Say About Steve Jobs
In Person and At Home

Before he was deposed from Apple the first time around, Jobs already had a reputation internally for acting like a tyrant. Jobs regularly belittled people, swore at them, and pressured them until they reached their breaking point. In the pursuit of greatness he cast aside politeness and empathy. His verbal abuse never stopped. Just last month Fortune reported about a half-hour "public humiliation" Jobs doled out to one Apple team:

"Can anyone tell me what MobileMe is supposed to do?" Having received a satisfactory answer, he continued, "So why the f**k doesn't it do that?"

"You've tarnished Apple's reputation," he told them. "You should hate each other for having let each other down."

Jobs ended by replacing the head of the group, on the spot.

In his book about Jobs' time at NeXT and return to Apple, The Second Coming of Steve Jobs, Alan Deutschman described Jobs' rough treatment of underlings:

He would praise and inspire them, often in very creative ways, but he would also resort to intimidating, goading, berating, belittling, and even humiliating them... When he was Bad Steve, he didn't seem to care about the severe damage he caused to egos or emotions... suddenly and unexpectedly, he would look at something they were working on say that it "sucked," it was "shit."

Jobs had his share of personal shortcomings, too. He has no public record of giving to charity over the years, despite the fact he became wealthy after Apple's 1980 IPO and had accumulated an estimated $7 billion net worth by the time of his death. After closing Apple's philanthropic programs on his return to Apple in 1997, he never reinstated them, despite the company's gusher of profits.

It's possible Jobs has given to charity anonymously, or that he will posthumously, but he has hardly embraced or encouraged philanthropy in the manner of, say, Bill Gates, who pledged $60 billion to charity and who joined with Warren Buffet to push fellow billionaires to give even more.

What Everyone Is Too Polite to Say About Steve Jobs"He clearly didn't have the time," is what the director of Jobs' short-lived charitable foundation told the New York Times. That sounds about right. Jobs did not lead a balanced life. He was professionally relentless. He worked long hours, and remained CEO of Apple through his illness until six weeks before he died. The result was amazing products the world appreciates. But that doesn't mean Jobs' workaholic regimen is one to emulate.

There was a time when Jobs actively fought the idea of becoming a family man. He had his daughter Lisa out of wedlock at age 23 and, according to Fortune, spent two years denying paternity, even declaring in court papers "that he couldn't be Lisa's father because he was 'sterile and infertile, and as a result thereof, did not have the physical capacity to procreate a child.'" Jobs eventually acknowledged paternity, met and married his wife, now widow, Laurene Powell, and had three more children. Lisa went to Harvard and is now a writer.

Steve Jobs created many beautiful objects. He made digital devices more elegant and easier to use. He made a lot of money for Apple Inc. after people wrote it off for dead. He will undoubtedly serve as a role model for generations of entrepreneurs and business leaders. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing depends on how honestly his life is appraised.
dari http://gawker.com/5847344

ok, he's buddhis, so what?
no body is perfect
« Last Edit: 05 December 2011, 07:55:24 PM by bluppy »

Offline will_i_am

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 155
« Reply #27 on: 05 December 2011, 08:38:44 PM »
ternyata ketauan belangnya...
saya kira selama ini orangnya baik...
hiduplah hanya pada hari ini, jangan mengkhawatirkan masa depan ataupun terpuruk dalam masa lalu.
berbahagialah akan apa yang anda miliki, jangan mengejar keinginan akan memiliki
_/\_

Offline bluppy

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #28 on: 05 December 2011, 08:41:28 PM »
well, steve jobs ada kebaikan dan keburukannya sendiri
sama seperti manusia lainnya...
nothing unusual about that

jadi bagus juga kan bisa liat berita dari sisi lain
mainstream media seringkali hanya memperlihatkan satu sisi saja

Offline will_i_am

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 155
« Reply #29 on: 05 December 2011, 08:46:09 PM »
tapi kalau dibaca dari artikel di atas, sepertinya steve lebih terkesan ke arah "buruk" daripada baik...
yang bisa dibanggakan dari dirinya hanya semangat kerjanya yang tinggi, dan ketegasannya...
hiduplah hanya pada hari ini, jangan mengkhawatirkan masa depan ataupun terpuruk dalam masa lalu.
berbahagialah akan apa yang anda miliki, jangan mengejar keinginan akan memiliki
_/\_

Offline bluppy

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #30 on: 05 December 2011, 08:53:51 PM »
hehehe emang sengaja posting berita
yang memperlihatkan sisi buruk nya steve jobs
karena bosen liat berita yg bagus2 aja
jadi ini sebagai penyeimbang

anyway kita kan ngk tau steve jobs yang sebenarnya kaya gimana
cuma tau dari berita2, omongan orang lain
jadi mungkin aja steve jobs tidak sejahat itu?
dan mungkin steve jobs juga tidak sebaik itu?

he is only a ordinary human being
so he has the right to be wrong sometimes

Offline Mas Tidar

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #31 on: 05 December 2011, 08:55:52 PM »
Menurut pandangan kami, SJ terlepas dari tanggung jawab secara penuh,
karena itu hal2 terjadi diluar kendali SJ.

yang harus memiliki tanggung jawab secara penuh adalah si kontraktor-nya.
kami juga pernah mengalami nasib yang hampir serupa pada cerita diatas, pdhl customer persh kami bekerja adalah kontraktor dari persh2 kelas atas didunia elektronik.

Offline bluppy

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #32 on: 05 December 2011, 09:04:46 PM »
mungkin untuk child labor nya bisa
dibilang masalah perusahaan apple
bukan hanya masalah steve jobs pribadi
tapi sebagai boss apple
masa steve jobs ngk tahu ada masalah
child labor di perusahannya?

tapi kepribadian steve jobs
yang kasar, aggressive, dll
mungkin jadi kelemahan dan kelebihan dia juga
mungkin karena dia kepribadian keras jadi
dia bisa mendorong karyawannya menjadi lebih innovative
walau kadang dengan cara memaki2, mencemooh karyawan

tambahan berita hehehe

dari http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/oct/21/steve-jobs-destroy-android
Steve Jobs swore to "destroy Android" in his anger over what he saw as outright copying of Apple's ideas in Android phones unveiled early in 2010, according to a new biography being released following his death this month.

Walter Isaacson, Jobs's official biographer, says Jobs was livid in January 2010 when Taiwan's HTC introduced an Android phone with many of the popular features of the iPhone. He launched into an expletive-laden tirade in which he said Google's actions amounted to "grand theft".

By that time Eric Schmidt, then Google's chief executive and still its chairman, had left the board of Apple where he had served between 2006 and 2009 – crucially, covering the period during which the first iPhone was launched and which enabled Google to negotiate a deal to provide search, maps and its YouTube video service on the phones.

"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40bn in the bank, to right this wrong," Jobs told Isaacson. "I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."

In a subsequent meeting with Schmidt at a cafe in Palo Alto, California, Jobs told Schmidt he wasn't interested in settling the lawsuit, the book says. "I don't want your money. If you offer me $5bn, I won't want it. I've got plenty of money. I want you to stop using our ideas in Android, that's all I want." The meeting, Isaacson wrote, resolved nothing.

The meeting may be that which occurred at the end of March 2010, when the duo were spotted having coffees outside a cafe in Palo Alto and which was discussed widely on the web. Jobs and Schmidt appeared to be on friendly terms – though the content of the discussion was unclear. At the time Jobs was heard to say, "They're going to see it all eventually so who cares how they get it" but then added "Let's go discuss this somewhere more private".

By that time Apple had begun a lawsuit against HTC, alleging that it infringed 20 patents belonging to Apple. In the press release, Jobs was quoted as saying: "We can sit by and watch competitors steal our patented inventions, or we can do something about it. We've decided to do something about it. We think competition is healthy, but competitors should create their own original technology, not steal ours."

The lawsuit has still not been resolved: HTC has counter-sued Apple, and the tit-for-tat battle has continued.

Apple's patent claims against HTC would be applicable against all Android smartphone handsets if they succeed, suggests Florian Müller, an independent consultant on patents. In July, the US International Trade Commission ruled that HTC had infringed one of Apple's patents and that this could mean that a US import ban might be applicable. HTC has appealed against the decision.

The decision rests on a key patent filed by Apple in 1996, which is valid until 2016. Known as "647", it turns phone numbers or addresses into clickable links.

After Google launched its Android operating system at the end of 2008, and the first phones appeared in 2009, the rivalry between the two companies became more and more intense – especially after Google began to tailor Android to use more of the ideas introduced by the iPhone, such as touch-screen control to control a range of icons and the "pinch-to shrink" system for resizing images.

Isaacson's biography of Jobs is being officially published on Monday.
« Last Edit: 05 December 2011, 09:06:50 PM by bluppy »

Offline Forte

• Sebelumnya FoxRockman
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 458
  • not mine - not me - not myself
« Reply #33 on: 05 December 2011, 10:13:47 PM »
dunia IT emang unique.. banyak "perang" dan "rampas2an ide" ..
lucunya sekaligus ironi.. steve jobs meninggal begitu dipuja.. dennis ritchie meninggal gak ada yang tahu.. bahkan banyak yang tidak tahu siapa dennis ritchie..

tapi yang jelas.. kalau tidak ada dennis ritchie.. gak ada C.. gak ada UNIX gak ada objective C.. dan gak ada mac ;D
Ini bukan milikku, ini bukan aku, ini bukan diriku
6 kelompok 6 - Chachakka Sutta MN 148

Offline M14ka

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 94
  • Live your best life!! ^^
« Reply #34 on: 06 December 2011, 08:59:42 AM »

Masa sih? Pdhal woz kan teman terbaiknya steve jobs...
Kalo ga salah ingat mrk ke india sama2 trus ketemu sai baba ya?

Offline M14ka

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #35 on: 06 December 2011, 09:00:33 AM »
Pidato STEVE JOBS pada acara Commencement Day Stanford University :

"STAY HUNGRY. STAY FOOLISH"

Saya merasa bangga di tengah-tengah Anda sekarang, yang akan segera lulus dari salah satu universitas terbaik di dunia.

Saya tidak pernah selesai kuliah. Sejujurnya, baru saat inilah saya merasakan suasana wisuda.

Hari ini saya akan menyampaikan TIGA CERITA pengalaman hidup saya. Ya, tidak perlu banyak. Cukup tiga.

CERITA PERTAMA adalah tentang Menghubungkan Titik-Titik (kehidupan).

Saya drop out (DO) dari Reed College setelah semester pertama, namun saya tetap berkutat di situ sampai 18 bulan kemudian, sebelum betul-betul putus kuliah. Mengapa saya DO? Kisahnya dimulai sebelum saya lahir. Ibu kandung saya adalah mahasiswi belia yang hamil karena "kecelakaan" dan memberikan saya kepada seseorang untuk diadopsi. Dia bertekad bahwa saya harus diadopsi oleh keluarga sarjana, maka saya pun diperjanjikan untuk dipungut anak semenjak lahir oleh seorang pengacara dan istrinya. Sialnya, begitu saya lahir, tiba-tiba mereka berubah pikiran karena ingin bayi perempuan. Maka orang tua saya sekarang, yang ada di daftar urut berikutnya, mendapatkan telepon larut malam dari seseorang: "kami punya bayi laki-laki yang batal dipungut; apakah Anda berminat? Mereka menjawab: "Tentu saja." Ibu kandung saya lalu mengetahui bahwa ibu angkat saya tidak pernah lulus kuliah dan ayah angkat saya bahkan tidak tamat SMA. Dia menolak menandatangani perjanjian adopsi. Sikapnya baru melunak beberapa bulan kemudian, setelah orang tua saya berjanji akan menyekolahkan saya sampai perguruan tinggi.

Dan, 17 tahun kemudian saya betul-betul kuliah. Namun, dengan naifnya saya memilih universitas yang hampir sama mahalnya dengan Stanford, sehingga seluruh tabungan orang tua saya- yang hanya pegawai rendahan- habis untuk biaya kuliah. Setelah enam bulan, saya tidak melihat manfaatnya. Saya tidak tahu apa yang harus saya lakukan dalam hidup saya dan bagaimana kuliah akan membantu saya menemukannya. Saya sudah menghabiskan seluruh tabungan yang dikumpulkan orang tua saya seumur hidup mereka. Maka, saya pun memutuskan berhenti kuliah, yakin bahwa itu yang terbaik. Saat itu rasanya menakutkan, namun sekarang saya menganggapnya sebagai keputusan terbaik yang pernah saya ambil. Begitu DO, saya langsung berhenti mengambil kelas wajib yang tidak saya minati dan mulai mengikuti perkuliahan yang saya sukai. Masa-masa itu tidak selalu menyenangkan. Saya tidak punya kamar kos sehingga nebeng tidur di lantai kamar teman-teman saya. Saya mengembalikan botol Coca-Cola agar dapat pengembalian 5 sen untuk membeli makanan. Saya berjalan 7 mil melintasi kota setiap Minggu malam untuk mendapat makanan enak di biara Hare Krishna. Saya menikmatinya. Dan banyak yang saya temui saat itu karena mengikuti rasa ingin tahu dan intuisi, ternyata kemudian sangat berharga. Saya beri Anda satu contoh :

Reed College mungkin waktu itu adalah yang terbaik di

AS dalam hal kaligrafi. Di seluruh penjuru kampus, setiap poster, label, dan petunjuk ditulis tangan dengan sangat indahnya. Karena sudah DO, saya tidak harus mengikuti perkuliahan normal. Saya memutuskan mengikuti kelas kaligrafi guna mempelajarinya. Saya belajar jenis-jenis huruf serif dan san serif, membuat variasi spasi antar kombinasi kata dan kiat membuat tipografi yang hebat. Semua itu merupakan kombinasi cita rasa keindahan, sejarah dan seni yang tidak dapat ditangkap melalui sains. Sangat menakjubkan.

Saat itu sama sekali tidak terlihat manfaat kaligrafi bagi kehidupan saya. Namun sepuluh tahun kemudian, ketika kami mendisain komputer Macintosh yang pertama, ilmu itu sangat bermanfaat. Mac adalah computer pertama yang bertipografi cantik. Seandainya saya tidak DO dan mengambil kelas kaligrafi, Mac tidak akan memiliki sedemikian banyak huruf yang beragam bentuk dan proporsinya. Dan karena Windows menjiplak Mac, maka tidak ada PC yang seperti itu. Andaikata saya tidak DO, saya tidak berkesempatan mengambil kelas kaligrafi, dan PC tidak memiliki tipografi yang indah. Tentu saja, tidak mungkin merangkai cerita seperti itu sewaktu saya masih kuliah. Namun, sepuluh tahun kemudian segala sesuatunya menjadi gamblang. Sekali lagi, Anda tidak akan dapat merangkai titik dengan melihat ke depan; Anda hanya bisa melakukannya dengan merenung ke belakang. Jadi, Anda harus meyakini bahwa titik-titik Anda bagaimana pun akan terangkai di masa mendatang. Anda harus meyakini dengan intuisi, takdir, jalan hidup, karma Anda, atau istilah apa pun lainnya. Pendekatan ini efektif dan membuat banyak perbedaan dalam kehidupan saya.

CERIT KEDUA Saya adalah tentang Cinta dan Kehilangan.

Saya beruntung karena tahu apa yang saya sukai sejak masih muda. Woz dan saya mengawali Apple di garasi orang tua saya ketika saya berumur 20 tahun. Kami bekerja keras dan dalam 10 tahun Apple berkembang dari hanya kami berdua menjadi perusahaan 2 milyar dolar dengan 4000 karyawan. Kami baru meluncurkan produk terbaik kami-Macintosh- satu tahun sebelumnya, dan saya baru menginjak usia 30. Dan saya dipecat. Bagaimana mungkin Anda dipecat oleh perusahaan yang Anda dirikan? Yah, itulah yang terjadi. Seiring pertumbuhan Apple, kami merekrut orang yang saya pikir sangat berkompeten untuk menjalankan perusahaan bersama saya. Dalam satu tahun pertama,semua berjalan lancar. Namun, kemudian muncul perbedaan dalam visi kami mengenai masa depan dan kami sulit disatukan. Dewan direksi ternyata berpihak padanya. Demikianlah, di usia 30 saya tertendang. Beritanya ada di mana-mana. Apa yang menjadi fokus sepanjang masa dewasa saya, tiba-tiba sirna. Sungguh menyakitkan. Dalam beberapa bulan kemudian, saya tidak tahu apa yang harus saya lakukan. Saya merasa telah mengecewakan byk wirausahawan generasi sebelumnya, saya gagal mengambil kesempatan. Saya bertemu dengan David Packard dan Bob Noyce dan meminta maaf atas keterpurukan saya. Saya menjadi tokoh publik yang gagal, dan bahkan berpikir untuk lari dari Silicon Valley. Namun, sedikit demi sedikit semangat timbul kembali- saya masih menyukai pekerjaan saya. Apa yang terjadi di Apple sedikit pun tidak mengubah saya. Saya telah ditolak, namun saya tetap cinta. Maka, saya putuskan untuk mulai lagi dari awal. Waktu itu saya tidak melihatnya, namun belakangan baru saya sadari bahwa dipecat dari Apple adalah kejadian terbaik yang menimpa saya. Beban berat sebagai orang sukses tergantikan oleh keleluasaan sebagai pemula, segala sesuatunya lebih tidak jelas. Hal itu mengantarkan saya pada periode paling kreatif dalam hidup saya. Dalam lima tahun berikutnya, saya mendirikan perusahaan bernama NeXT, lalu Pixar, dan jatuh cinta

dengan wanita istimewa yang kemudian menjadi istri saya. Pixar bertumbuh menjadi perusahaan yang menciptakan film animasi komputer pertama, Toy Story, dan sekarang merupakan studio animasi paling sukses di dunia. Melalui rangkaian peristiwa yang menakjubkan, Apple membeli NeXT, dan saya kembali lagi ke Apple, dan teknologi yang kami kembangkan di NeXT menjadi jantung bagi kebangkitan kembali Apple. Dan, Laurene dan saya memiliki keluarga yang luar biasa.

Saya yakin takdir di atas tidak terjadi bila saya tidak dipecat dari Apple. Obatnya memang pahit, namun sebagai pasien saya memerlukannya. Kadangkala kehidupan menimpakan batu ke kepala Anda. Jangan kehilangan keyakinan anda. Saya yakin bahwa satu-satunya yang membuat saya terus berusaha adalah karena saya mencintai apa yang saya lakukan. Anda harus menemukan apa yang Anda cintai. Itu berlaku baik untuk pekerjaan maupun pasangan hidup Anda. Pekerjaan Anda akan menghabiskan sebagian besar hidup Anda, dan kepuasan sejati hanya dapat diraih dengan mengerjakan sesuatu yang hebat. Dan Anda hanya bisa hebat bila mengerjakan apa yang Anda cintai. Bila Anda belum menemukannya, teruslah mencari. Jangan berhenti. Hati Anda akan memberi tahu bila Anda telah menemukannya. Sebagaimana halnya dengan hubungan hebat lainnya, semakin lama semakin mesra Anda dengannya. Jadi, teruslah mencari sampai ketemu. Jangan berhenti.

CERITA KETIGA Saya adalah tentang Kematian.

Ketika saya berumur 17, saya membaca ungkapan yang kurang lebih berbunyi: "Bila kamu menjalani hidup seolah-olah hari itu adalah hari terakhirmu, maka suatu hari kamu pasti akan benar." Ungkapan itu membekas dalam diri saya, dan semenjak saat itu, selama 33 tahun terakhir, saya selalu melihat ke cermin setiap pagi dan bertanya kepada diri sendiri: "Bila ini adalah hari terakhir saya, apakah saya tetap melakukan apa yang akan saya lakukan hari ini?" Bila jawabannya selalu "tidak" dalam beberapa hari berturut-turut, saya tahu saya harus berubah. Mengingat bahwa saya akan segera mati adalah kiat penting yang saya temukan untuk membantu membuat keputusan besar. Karena hampir segala sesuatu-semua harapan eksternal, kebanggaan, takut malu atau gagal, tidak lagi ada artinya apa-apa saat menghadapi kematian, yang tersisa hanyalah yang terpenting. Menyadari bahwa anda pasti akan mati adalah cara terbaik yang saya tahu untuk menghindari jebakan berpikir bahwa Anda memiliki resiko kehilangan sesuatu. Anda sudah tidak punya apa-apa lagi. Sama sekali tidak ada alasan untuk tidak mengikuti kata hati Anda.

Sekitar setahun yang lalu saya didiagnosis mengidap kanker. Saya menjalani scan pukul 7:30 pagi dan hasilnya jelas menunjukkan saya memiliki tumor pankreas. Saya bahkan tidak tahu apa itu pankreas. Para dokter mengatakan kepada saya bahwa hampir pasti jenisnya adalah yang tidak dapat diobati. Harapan hidup saya tidak lebih dari 3-6 bulan. Dokter menyarankan saya pulang ke rumah dan membereskan segala sesuatunya, yang merupakan sinyal dokter agar saya bersiap mati. Artinya, Anda harus menyampaikan kepada anak Anda segala hal yang Anda rencanakan dalam sepuluh tahun mendatang hanya dalam beberapa bulan.

Artinya, memastikan bahwa segalanya diatur agar keluarga anda bisa menerima kenyataan seikhlasnya. Artinya, Anda harus mengucapkan selamat tinggal.

Sepanjang hari itu saya menjalani hidup berdasarkan diagnosis tersebut. Malam harinya, mereka memasukkan endoskopi ke tenggorokan, lalu ke perut dan lambung, memasukkan jarum ke pankreas saya dan mengambil beberapa sel tumor. Saya dibius, namun istri saya, yang ada di sana, mengatakan bahwa ketika melihat selnya di bawah mikroskop, para dokter berseru mengetahui bahwa jenisnya adalah kanker pankreas yang sangat jarang, namun bisa disembuhkan dengan operasi. Saya dioperasi dan sehat sampai sekarang. Itu adalah rekor terdekat saya dengan kematian dan berharap tidak lebih dari itu hingga beberapa dekade lagi.

Setelah melalui pengalaman tersebut, sekarang saya bisa katakan dengan yakin kepada Anda bahwa kematian, selain berguna, namun murni merupakan suatu konsep intelektual :

Tidak ada orang yang ingin mati. Bahkan orang yang ingin masuk surga pun tidak ingin mati dulu untuk mencapainya. Namun, kematian pasti menghampiri kita. Tidak ada yang bisa mengelak. Dan, memang harus demikian, karena kematian adalah buah terbaik dari kehidupan. Kematian membuat hidup berputar. Dengannya maka yang tua menyingkir untuk digantikan yang muda. Maaf jika terkesan terlalu dramatis dalam menyampaikannya, namun memang begitulah adanya. Waktu Anda terbatas, jadi jangan sia-siakan dengan menjalani hidup orang lain. Jangan terperangkap dengan dogma-yaitu hidup bersandar pada hasil pemikiran orang lain. Jangan biarkan gunjingan orang menyumbat suara hati anda. Dan yang terpenting, miliki keberanian untuk mengikuti kata hati dan intuisi Anda. Keduanya, niscaya telah tahu anda sesungguhnya ingin menjadi apa. Semua hal lainnya hanyalah urutan kedua.

Ketika saya masih muda, ada satu penerbitan hebat yang bernama "The Whole Earth Catalog", yang menjadi salah satu buku pintar generasi saya. Buku itu diciptakan oleh seorang bernama Stewart Brand yang tinggal tidak jauh dari sini di Menlo Park, dan dia membuatnya sedemikian menarik dengan sentuhan puitisnya. Waktu itu akhir 1960-an, sebelum era komputer dan desktop publishing, jadi semuanya dibuat dengan mesin tik, gunting, dan kamera polaroid. Mungkin seperti Google dalam bentuk paper, 35 tahun sebelum kelahiran Google: isinya padat dengan tips-tips ideal dan ungkapan-ungkapan hebat. Stewart dan timnya sempat menerbitkan beberapa edisi "The Whole Earth Catalog", dan ketika mencapai titik ajalnya, mereka membuat edisi terakhir. Saat itu pertengahan 1970-an dan saya masih seusia Anda. Di sampul belakang edisi terakhir itu ada satu foto jalan pedesaan di pagi hari, jenis yang mungkin Anda lalui jika suka bertualang. Di bawahnya ada kata-kata: "Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish." (Tetaplah Lapar. Tetaplah Nekad).

Itulah pesan perpisahan yang dibubuhi tanda tangan mereka.

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish. Saya selalu mengharapkan diri saya begitu. Dan sekarang, karena Anda akan lulus untuk memulai kehidupan baru, saya harapkan Anda juga begitu. Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.

Terima kasih banyak semuanya.

(STEVE JOBS - Pendiri Apple Inc)

-Dierjemahkan : Bp. Willy Johan

-Diedit : Bp. Hary Suwanda.

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Crispy Lotus Root
« Reply #36 on: 06 December 2011, 01:59:34 PM »
dunia IT emang unique.. banyak "perang" dan "rampas2an ide" ..
lucunya sekaligus ironi.. steve jobs meninggal begitu dipuja.. dennis ritchie meninggal gak ada yang tahu.. bahkan banyak yang tidak tahu siapa dennis ritchie..

tapi yang jelas.. kalau tidak ada dennis ritchie.. gak ada C.. gak ada UNIX gak ada objective C.. dan gak ada mac ;D

karna secara umum (masyarakat), berapa orangkah yg bersinggungan dgn programming C atau pun UNIX,
sedangkan barang2 elektronic dan kemudahan iTune banyak dipakai orang. juga yg terpenting Apple Co, telah
memberi contoh... sebagai kebanggaan perusahaan di Amerika.

Sayangnya SJ tidak berkecimpung di dunia transportasi ya....nah kalau di dijabat jadi menteri perhubungan khusus kota Jakarta... maka gak ada istilah macet dst dst.... (maybe..)

_/\_

bluppy : SJ punya 2 isteri (dua kali nikah)
« Last Edit: 06 December 2011, 02:08:58 PM by johan3000 »

Offline TonyAndHollywood

• Sahabat
« Reply #37 on: 06 December 2011, 04:06:14 PM »

Yups, setuju dg sis Bluppy, manusia ada sisi baik dan buruk, as nobody's perfect, berita dr situs CNN yg saya kutip di atas juga mengulas secara blak2an, tapi saya tone down kutipan saya dr situs CNN tsb, dg menambahkan kata saya sendiri (yg dibold di atas) hehehe..........,  CNN selain menyebutkan beliau convert ke Buddhism, tapi juga menulis kalimat Alm. Steve Jobs sbb :

" I believe life is an intelligent thing, that things aren't randonm" Jobs said in a 1997 interview with Time, providing a glimpse into his complicated belief system that extends well beyond the Buddhist teachings.

Saya pribadi sih tetap kagum pd Beliau krn kontribusi and jasa beliau yg luar biasa terhadap dunia iptek.

Saya juga sangat setuju dg pendpt sis Bluppy yg menyatakan kepribadian beliau bisa mendorong karyawannya menjd lbh innovative.

_/\_

well, steve jobs ada kebaikan dan keburukannya sendiri
sama seperti manusia lainnya...
nothing unusual about that

« Last Edit: 06 December 2011, 04:38:01 PM by TonyAndHollywood »

Offline TonyAndHollywood

• Sahabat
« Reply #38 on: 06 December 2011, 04:40:01 PM »
ups sorry salah ketik kata "randonm" di atas seharusnya "random".
 _/\_
« Last Edit: 06 December 2011, 04:44:44 PM by TonyAndHollywood »

Offline bluppy

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #39 on: 06 December 2011, 04:54:46 PM »
SJ punya 2 isteri (dua kali nikah)

sumber info dari mana yag? thanks

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Crispy Lotus Root
« Reply #40 on: 06 December 2011, 06:30:34 PM »
sumber info dari mana yag? thanks

anak dari Isteri pertama yg bernama LISA
dan computer Apple juga ada yg bernama LISA (setelah Mac),
tapi Lisa ini product gagal....

nanti kalau ketemu souce nya ya....

Offline williamhalim

• Sebelumnya: willibordus
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 134
« Reply #41 on: 07 December 2011, 04:12:47 PM »

Sedikit licik juga ya... Padahal saat itu Jobs sudah ikut2an gelombang spiritual timur yg sdg trend (vege, jenggotan, nggak pake sendal... kyk john lennon - hippies, flower generation). Sy nilai: Pd waktu itu si Jobs ini tidak menangkap intisari Buddhisme.. Seperti barat lainnya, kebanyakan mereka cenderung menyukai spiritualisme timur krn menolak kemapanan pola pikir barat, daya tarik eksotis (jenggotan, jubah, dupa, dll), kulit2nya: vegetarianisme, cintakasih (kulitnya, bukan metta), tanpa tuhan, dll juga ke-misterius-an ajarannya...

Kalo menangkap intisari-nya, pasti si Jobs akan berusaha melatih kesabaran dan kejujurannya...

Tapi, disamping sifat2 yg negatif, Jobs juga memiliki mental yg dibutuhkan untuk sukses: Mental inovatif, berani ambil resiko, dan ulet.

Pola pikir Inovatif, sangatlah penting untuk mendobrak pasar yg sudah mapan. Steve Wozniak bisa jadi lebih pintar dan bisa disebut insinyur penemu Apple sesungguhnya, namun Jobs lah yg membuat produk tsb menjadi inovatif dan disukai pasar...

Ada lelucon yg mengatakan: Untuk bisa lulus sekolah dan diterima bekerja, kamu harus PINTAR, tapi untuk menjadi 'orang yg mempekerjakan orang lain', kamu harus PINTAR-PINTAR...

Orang tua bilang: "Pintar-pintar lah dalam hidup ini...". Kita terjemahkan: tidak hanya sekedar pintar, tapi 2x pintar... Tidak hanya satu kondisi yg menentukan keberhasilan dalam usaha/karier, tapi banyak kondisi yg saling berpadu. Bagaimana dengan faktor 'hoki'? Hoki = kondisi yg tidak bisa kita kontrol. Saya pribadi memberi nilai 20% untuk 'hoki' ini. Dan 80% lainnya adalah 'Kondisi yg kita ciptakan sendiri': Kreativitas, ilmu sekolah, pengalaman berusaha, keuletan, disiplin, menghindari pergaulan yg menghancurkan (namun juga harus balance dengan pergaulan yg menunjang ~ ini cukup sulit: sy menyebutnya 'Investasi Lobi', nggak pergi salah, klu pergi harus hati2, bisa2 ketagihan sendiri  ;D..), memadukan antara waktu kerja-keluarga-teman-hobby, bla..bla..bla...

Kondisi banyak faktor yg menentukan keberhasilan tsb, sekaligus menjelaskan pertanyaan yg sering muncul: "Mengapa dia yg dulu selalu juara kelas, koq kalah sukses (dlm usaha) dengan anak yg sering madol bahkan tidak lulus kuliah, bahkan tidak lulus SMA tsb?" ... Jawab: "Krn yg menentukan tidak hanya satu faktor, yaitu kepintaran semata, namun banyak faktor - yg pandai-pandai diolah oleh si subyek.." Ibarat membuat kue, tidak hanya satu bahan terbaik yg menentukan, namun paduan banyak faktor yg berkontribusi..

Jobs, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Lim Soei Liong, Eka Cipta, dll IMO, adalah koki yg memiliki bahan2 standar namun piawai dalam memadukannya...

---

gara2 diracuni Apple, w jadi tertarik juga baca sedikit biografi si Jobs ini...  :))
::
« Last Edit: 07 December 2011, 04:15:51 PM by williamhalim »
Walaupun seseorang dapat menaklukkan beribu-ribu musuh dalam beribu kali pertempuran, namun sesungguhnya penakluk terbesar adalah orang yang dapat menaklukkan dirinya sendiri (Dhammapada 103)

Offline M14ka

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #42 on: 07 December 2011, 04:32:05 PM »
anak dari Isteri pertama yg bernama LISA
dan computer Apple juga ada yg bernama LISA (setelah Mac),
tapi Lisa ini product gagal....

nanti kalau ketemu souce nya ya....

Apa hub ama istri ke 2 ya??

Offline morpheus

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 110
  • Ragu pangkal cerah!
« Reply #43 on: 07 December 2011, 05:26:08 PM »
anak pertama (lisa) lahir dari pacar.
istri cuman satu.
* I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it
* Neo, sooner or later you're going to realize just as I did that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Crispy Lotus Root
« Reply #44 on: 07 December 2011, 07:56:49 PM »
anak pertama (lisa) lahir dari pacar.
istri cuman satu.

kalau "pacar" udah melahirkan anak,
apakah sewaktu ketemu rekan2 atau famili masih tetap bilang....

this is my girlfriend ?
Apa hub ama istri ke 2 ya??
gak ada ya, tapi istri ke 2 itu vege spt sj...

makanya sj pasti lebih bersemangat disuguhin carrot dari pada steak dehhh :))
« Last Edit: 07 December 2011, 08:18:52 PM by johan3000 »

Offline Anestan

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #45 on: 31 December 2011, 09:35:25 AM »
Young Steve Jobs Gives IBM the Finger

This is a classic picture of a young Steve Jobs giving the finger to an IBM sign in 1983, it’s been circulating again after all these years thanks to Macintosh co-creator Andy Hertzfeld who posted the high res copy to Google+. Here’s the text that was posted along with the amusing image:
In memoriam for Steve Jobs as 2011 draws to a close, here’s one more rare photo that illustrates his rebellious spirit. In December 1983, a few weeks before the Mac launch, we made a quick trip to New York City to meet with Newsweek, who was considering doing a cover story on the Mac. The photo was taken spontaneously as we walked around Manhattan by Jean Pigozzi, a wild French jet setter who was hanging out with us at the time. Somehow I ended up with a copy of it. My editor begged me to include it in my book, but I was too timid to ask for permission, especially since IBM was still making CPUs for Apple at the time.

anything