//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: Blogging...  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Lex Chan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 134
  • Love everybody, not every body...
Blogging...
« on: 16 June 2008, 06:50:41 PM »
B-I-T-C-H

Based on a true story:

A little good girl wrote B-I-T-C-H on the cover of her agenda.
I was quite shocked when I saw that 5 capital letters.
Then I was calm after I tried to read it more carefully.
Actually, it is an abbreviation of:

B = Beautiful
I = Intelligent
T = Talented
C = Cool
H =

She left the "H" blank. She had no idea what to write.
So, I just smiled and whispered to her: "H" is for HAPPY.

"What is the good use of being beautiful, intelligent, talented, and cool if you are not happy?". Maybe she forget that happiness is more important than those four.

It told me one lesson: most people want to be beautiful, intelligent, talented, and cool - but they may forget about the happiness. How about you?

So, girls, are you B-I-T-C-H enough? 8)
“Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway”
-Mother Teresa-

Offline ryu

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 429
  • hampir mencapai penggelapan sempurna ;D
Re: Blogging...
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2008, 07:41:34 PM »
Sure, so many B-I-T-C-H in here, you can find in the junk mania Thread :))
Janganlah memperhatikan kesalahan dan hal-hal yang telah atau belum dikerjakan oleh diri sendiri. Tetapi, perhatikanlah apa yang telah dikerjakan dan apa yang belum dikerjakan oleh orang lain =))

Offline Lex Chan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 134
  • Love everybody, not every body...
Re: Blogging...
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2008, 09:39:41 PM »
What I Learned from SGI Peace Exhibition

It is interesting to open our eyes on global affairs to see about what is going on in the world. War and peace, these two big issues seem to be unsolved mysteries throughout human history.

As there are many people who want peace, there are also many people who want war. And the funny and sad but true thing is that there are people who want to make war in order to make peace. They say that they want to fight terrorism and violence. Is it really the right way?

Being invited by Jay, I went to Soka Gakkai International peace exhibition last month in May 2008. From my point of view, the purpose of that exhibition is to make people aware about global major issues, especially about the war threat. It emphasized that as long as mankind is using nuclear power, there is always a certain level of fear that someone may use it to develop nuclear weapon. This kind of weapon is extremely dangerous in the sense of it has potential to kill so many people in a very short period of time compared to swords or firearms. Being aware is good, but I hope it is not going to be a paranoid.

No matter how frightening a super weapon there is, in my opinion, the root of war is within the human mind, i.e. our own minds. That is the most deadly and invisible weapon. Since some people’s minds are easily contaminated by anger and hate, therefore it seems that even the United Nations as the biggest organization in the world fails to formulate the world peace. However, it does not necessarily mean that nothing we can do to promote the world peace. And the very first step to promote peace is to make ourselves peaceful.

I admire Mahatma Gandhi and his teaching about ahimsa (non-violence). I also admire Mother Teresa for her efforts to make a better world. When Mother Teresa received Nobel Peace Prize in 1979, she was asked, “What can we do to promote world peace?” Her answer was simple: “Go home and love your family.”

What I have learned from the SGI peace exhibition is: giving valuable information by holding a peace exhibition is one good thing because it makes people aware about the world present condition. However, I have not seen other greater impact activities so far. I am wondering whether there are. If there are, probably I will be interested in participating some of those activities. Thank you.
“Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway”
-Mother Teresa-