//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: Sharon Stone films banned in China after 'karma' comment  (Read 4659 times)

Offline ryu

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 429
  • hampir mencapai penggelapan sempurna ;D
Sharon Stone films banned in China after 'karma' comment

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Sharon Stone's "karma" comment is having an instant effect on her movie-star status in China.
art.stone.ap.jpg

Actress Sharon Stone suggested last week that the May 12 earthquake could have been the result of bad karma.

The 50-year-old actress suggested last week that the devastating May 12 earthquake in China could have been the result of bad karma over the government's treatment of Tibet. That prompted the founder of one of China's biggest cinema chains to say his company would not show her films in his theaters, according to a story in The Hollywood Reporter.

"I'm not happy about the way the Chinese are treating the Tibetans because I don't think anyone should be unkind to anyone else," Stone said Thursday during a Cannes Film Festival red-carpet interview with Hong Kong's Cable Entertainment News. "And then this earthquake and all this stuff happened, and then I thought, is that karma? When you're not nice that the bad things happen to you?"

Ng See-Yuen, founder of the UME Cineplex chain and the chairman of the Federation of Hong Kong Filmmakers, called Stone's comments "inappropriate," adding that actors should not bring personal politics to comments about a natural disaster that has left five million Chinese homeless, according to the Reporter.

UME has branches in Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing, Hangzhou and Guangzhou, China's biggest urban movie markets.

During the brief interview, which has also surfaced on YouTube, Stone also said she cried when she received a letter from the Tibetan Foundation asking her to help quake victims.

"They wanted to go and be helpful, and that made me cry," she said. "It was a big lesson to me that sometimes you have to learn to put your head down and be of service even to people who aren't nice to you."

Stone's words created a swell of anger on the Internet, including at least one Chinese Web site devoted solely to disparaging her comments.

"To Sharon Stone's comment, it's unlikely that we will respond," said a woman who answered the phone at the Foreign Ministry in Beijing. She refused to give her name or position.

After-hours phone calls and email to a representative for Stone were not immediately returned Tuesday night.

According to the Web-based database imdb.com, Stone has at least four movies coming up between now and 2010, including "Streets of Blood," "Five Dollars a Day" and "The Year of Getting to Know Us."
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/05/2....ap/index.html
Janganlah memperhatikan kesalahan dan hal-hal yang telah atau belum dikerjakan oleh diri sendiri. Tetapi, perhatikanlah apa yang telah dikerjakan dan apa yang belum dikerjakan oleh orang lain =))

Offline Sunkmanitu Tanka Ob'waci

• Sebelumnya: Karuna, Wolverine, gachapin
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 239
  • 会いたい。
Re: Sharon Stone films banned in China after 'karma' comment
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2008, 12:52:43 PM »
Oh, my dirty mind.
I thought I read : "Sharon Stone Banned in China after Basic Instinct"
HANYA MENERIMA UCAPAN TERIMA KASIH DALAM BENTUK GRP
Fake friends are like shadows never around on your darkest days

Offline Lex Chan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 134
  • Love everybody, not every body...
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2008, 04:22:39 PM »
Sharon Stone terlalu "pintar"..
Bisa menandingi Buddha memahami proses karma.. ^-^
“Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway”
-Mother Teresa-

Offline ryu

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2008, 07:54:03 PM »

hush, in english please :))
Janganlah memperhatikan kesalahan dan hal-hal yang telah atau belum dikerjakan oleh diri sendiri. Tetapi, perhatikanlah apa yang telah dikerjakan dan apa yang belum dikerjakan oleh orang lain =))

Offline Lex Chan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2008, 08:25:47 PM »
Sorry, I didn't pay attention on the board.. ^:)^

Sharon Stone is too "smart"..
She can match Buddha in understanding karma..
“Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway”
-Mother Teresa-

Offline Fudotakika

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 67
  • FUDO
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2008, 08:31:09 PM »
Nobody even herself will know when karma speak for itself, how could someone blamed karma for the earthquake in china?
« Last Edit: 31 May 2008, 07:01:47 AM by Fudotakika »
THE WORLD IS JUST AWESOME

Offline Lex Chan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2008, 08:42:12 PM »
This statement is similar to a statement of another famous person in UK.
He said "All disabled persons made bad karma in their past lives".

IMO, it is not about that the statement is right or wrong..
It is about whether the statement is addressed in a good way / condition or not.. :)
-Mother Teresa-

Offline ryu

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2008, 08:52:57 PM »
IMO we can blame GOD for His Job. :))

Offline HokBen

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 100
« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2008, 12:16:04 AM »

Because He is The Lord who punish the sinner. Everything are already planned by Him, His plan is perfect and good for us. One who disagree is a sinner. ( HokBen's Holy Book, Ben 3:16 )

Am I already sounds like a children of God?

Offline El Sol

• Sebelumnya: El Sol
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 6
« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2008, 02:11:18 AM »
Somehow...

I agree with her..

Offline ryu

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2008, 06:52:14 AM »

Because He is The Lord who punish the sinner. Everything are already planned by Him, His plan is perfect and good for us. One who disagree is a sinner. ( HokBen's Holy Book, Ben 3:16 )

Am I already sounds like a children of God?

yes you sounds like a SON of God :))

Offline ryu

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2008, 02:15:40 PM »
Sharon Stone apologizes to public China to his hot comment, related of earthquake disaster happened over there.

"   About my impolite utterance and action when interviewed, I really apologizing and regrets has hurt public China. I ready partaking participates and assists building again China and assists the disaster victim," says Stone like published [by] USMagazine, Friday ( 30/5/2008).

Some times ago Stone mentions, earthquake happened in China happened because karma. The fullfashioned karma for China which has applied is ugly to Tibet.

Because the statement, Stone is carped. He is assessed has hurt feeling of public China is being sorrowing because natural disaster. Do not only that, Christian Dior where Stone becomes its(the model, directly decides contract. Face Stone as ikon Dior in China is negated.

Meanwhile, The Minister for Foreigr Affairs mouthpiece Qin Gang tells, " We hope Stone can return both parties trust. Be each other understand and braids the relation of baik"(ang)

Cited Associated Press, Thursday ( 29/5/2008), liaison manager Dior in Shanghai, Guo, tells advertisements using face Stone has been degraded, after enragement of member of China as result of Stone papyrus.

"   For my imprecise word and deed in interview, I apologize profusely and feels is sorrowful has hurt public?people China," said Stone in statement submitted through Guo.

"   I wish to participate assists humanity activity of earthquake China, and pours myself fully to assist member of China becoming victim."

"   I have no simpathy with way of China to treat member of Tibet," said Stone. " Then this earthquake happened, and I enquire, is that karma? If you did not good, hence things that is is good not happened at your," he asserted.

Ng See-yuen, founder UME Cineplex and director Federasi Sutradara Hong Kong, express word of inappropriate Stone.

Borrowed Ideas From Associated Press, Wednesday ( 28/5/2008), See-Yuen tells, Stone shouldn't bring position of its(the person politics to comment natural disaster making five millions member of China losing of residence.

Hence, See-Yuen menaces will not turn around films Stone in network theater its property.

Based on data owned by imdbcom, Stone will play at in four films until 2010 coming, including " Streets of Blood", " Five Dollars a Day", and The Year of Getting to Know Us."

Source: Okezone.com

NB : i use rekso translator for translate this, sorry if i'am wrong hehehehe

Offline Lex Chan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #12 on: 31 May 2008, 02:27:53 PM »
Sharon Stone apologizes to public China to his hot comment, related of earthquake disaster happened over there.

"   About my impolite utterance and action when interviewed, I really apologizing and regrets has hurt public China. I ready partaking participates and assists building again China and assists the disaster victim," says Stone like published [by] USMagazine, Friday ( 30/5/2008).

Some times ago Stone mentions, earthquake happened in China happened because karma. The fullfashioned karma for China which has applied is ugly to Tibet.

Because the statement, Stone is carped. He is assessed has hurt feeling of public China is being sorrowing because natural disaster. Do not only that, Christian Dior where Stone becomes its(the model, directly decides contract. Face Stone as ikon Dior in China is negated.

Meanwhile, The Minister for Foreigr Affairs mouthpiece Qin Gang tells, " We hope Stone can return both parties trust. Be each other understand and braids the relation of baik"(ang)

Cited Associated Press, Thursday ( 29/5/2008), liaison manager Dior in Shanghai, Guo, tells advertisements using face Stone has been degraded, after enragement of member of China as result of Stone papyrus.

"   For my imprecise word and deed in interview, I apologize profusely and feels is sorrowful has hurt public?people China," said Stone in statement submitted through Guo.

"   I wish to participate assists humanity activity of earthquake China, and pours myself fully to assist member of China becoming victim."

"   I have no simpathy with way of China to treat member of Tibet," said Stone. " Then this earthquake happened, and I enquire, is that karma? If you did not good, hence things that is is good not happened at your," he asserted.

Ng See-yuen, founder UME Cineplex and director Federasi Sutradara Hong Kong, express word of inappropriate Stone.

Borrowed Ideas From Associated Press, Wednesday ( 28/5/2008), See-Yuen tells, Stone shouldn't bring position of its(the person politics to comment natural disaster making five millions member of China losing of residence.

Hence, See-Yuen menaces will not turn around films Stone in network theater its property.

Based on data owned by imdbcom, Stone will play at in four films until 2010 coming, including " Streets of Blood", " Five Dollars a Day", and The Year of Getting to Know Us."

Source: Okezone.com

NB : i use rekso translator for translate this, sorry if i'am wrong hehehehe

Sharon Stone is she or he? ^-^
for this reason, I hate using a translator program directly without editing.. ::)
-Mother Teresa-

Offline ryu

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #13 on: 31 May 2008, 03:20:20 PM »
:)) lucky me, lex chan here.