//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: Story in english  (Read 21947 times)

Offline Rina Hong

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: -2
Story in english
« on: 11 June 2008, 01:19:51 PM »
That Old Tree near My House.

He is really old. He grows in graveyard. One day they were some guys playing near him, they were waiting for its fruit to fall down and then bring it home to give to their parents, What delicious fruits they were…
The next day the guys come again and do the same thing as they did yesterday. 
One day the guys get older and older, and now there’s no body coming to see him, nobody’s waiting for its fruit, he is such a lonely tree….
But he keeps growing..Producing many fruits… and now he is dead..He died because he’s really lonely…

So if you want your tree to produce many fruits, just share them with small guys…  :P

Taken from the real story.
The four Reliances
1st,rely on the spirit and meaning of the teachings, not on the words;
2nd,rely on the teachings, not on the personality of the teacher;
3rd,rely on real wisdom, not superficial interpretation;
And 4th,rely on the essence of your pure Wisdom Mind, not on judgmental perceptions

Offline Lex Chan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 134
  • Love everybody, not every body...
Re: Story in english
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2008, 04:35:23 PM »
A Toothless Big Tiger

Big tiger was the king of jungle. His teeth were really powerful. All animals were afraid of the tiger, except a sly fox. He said that he could take off all of tiger’s teeth but nobody believed him and thought that he was only bluffing. The fox made a plan and started to send candies to the tiger all the time. Soon, the tiger was addicted to the candies. The tiger loved to eat candies so much. He even still kept a candy inside his mouth before going to sleep.

The lion as a good friend advised the tiger to brush his teeth after eating candies. But the tiger would not listen because the fox successfully persuaded him not to do so. After sometime, in one midnight, the tiger got toothache and he ran to horse the dentist to get his tooth pulled out. Unfortunately horse the dentist was not brave enough to pull out the tiger’s tooth, because horse thought that by doing so it might hurt tiger and made him angry. Then tiger went to the other dentists, but neither buffalo nor donkey dared to pull out tiger’s tooth.

The tiger was in deep pain and agreed to give his kingdom to whoever can pull out his tooth. The sly fox suddenly appeared in a doctor’s white coat. He helped the big tiger to pull out the one aching tooth. Afterward the fox cheated the tiger by saying that all teeth must be pulled out because all of them were bad. Finally, the sly fox got all of the tiger’s teeth and also his kingdom.
“Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway”
-Mother Teresa-

Offline Indra

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 451
How to kill your mother in law
« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2008, 10:58:01 AM »

======================

A long time ago in China , a girl named Li-Li got married & went to live with her husband and mother-in-law. In a very short time, Li-Li found that she couldn't get along with her mother-in-law at all.

Their personalities were very different, and Li-Li was angered by many of her mother-in-law's habits. In addition, she criticized Li-Li constantly.

Days passed, and weeks passed. Li-Li and her mother-in-law never stopped arguing and fighting.

But what made the situation even worse was that, according to ancient Chinese tradition, Li-Li had to bow to her mother-in-law and obey her every wish. All the anger and unhappiness in the house was causing Li-Li's poor husband! d great distress.

Finally, Li-Li could not stand her mother-in-! law's bad temper and dictatorship any longer, and she decided to do something about it! Li-Li went to see her father's good friend, Mr. Huang, who sold herbs.

She told him the situation and asked if he would give her some poison so that she could solve the problem once and for all.

Mr. Huang thought for awhile, and finally said, "Li-Li, I will help you solve your problem, but you must listen to me and obey what I tell you."

Li-Li said, "Yes, Mr. Huang, I will do whatever you tell me to do."Mr. Huang went into the back room, and returned in a few minutes with a package of herbs. He told Li-Li, "You can't use a quick-acting poison to get rid of your mother-in-law, because that would cause people to become suspicious Therefore, I have given you a number of herbs that will slowly build up poison in her body. Every other day prepare some delicious meal and put a little of these herbs in her serving.

Now, in order to make sure that nobody suspect you, when she dies, you must be very careful to act very friendly towards her. "Don't argue with her, obey her every wish, and treat her like a queen." Li-Li was so happy.

She thanked Mr. Huang and hurried home to start her plot of murdering her mother-in-law.

Weeks went by, and months went by, and every other day, Li-Li served the specially treated food to her mother-in-law. She remembered what Mr. Huang had said about avoiding suspicion, so she controlled her temper!r, obeyed her mother-in-law, and treated her like her own mother.

After six months had passed, the whole household had changed. Li-Li had practiced controlling her temper so much that she found that she almost never got mad or upset. She hadn't had an argument with her mother-in-law in six months because she now seemed much kinder and easier to get along with.

The mother-in-law's attitude toward Li-Li changed, and she began to love Li-Li like her own daughter. She kept telling friends and relatives that Li-Li was the best daughter-in- law one could ever find. Li-Li and her mother-in-law were now treating each other like a real mother and daughter.

Li-Li's husband was very happy to see what was happening. One day, Li-Li came to see Mr. Huang and asked for his help again She said, "Dear Mr. Huang, please help me to keep the poison from killing my mother-in-law. She's changed into such a nice woman, and I love her like my own mother. I do not want her to die because of the poison I gave her."

Mr. Huang smiled and nodded his head. "Li-Li, there's nothing to worry about. I never gave you any poison. The herbs I gave you were vitamins to improve her health. The only poison was in your mind and your attitude toward her, but that has been all washed away by the love which you gave to her."

HAVE YOU REALIZED that how you treat others is exactly how they will treat you? There is a wise Chinese saying: "The person who loves others will also be loved in return." God might be trying to work in another person's life through you. Send this to your friends and spread the POWER OF LOVE.

Offline skybi

• Bukan Tamu
  • Reputasi: 1
« Reply #3 on: 01 August 2008, 04:11:18 PM »
hi guy,

just a suggestion.

i think if share some article that related with buddhism, that will be great.  :)

em....., for example, introduction of buddhism meditation.
I am Malaysian Chinese...

Therefore my Bahasa Melayu is not that good.

I am appreciate that if we can communicate with English.

Thank.

Offline Sumedho

• Kebetulan
  • Administrator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 423
  • not self
« Reply #4 on: 01 August 2008, 04:16:19 PM »
Good idea. That would be great. c'mon guys, be productive hehehehe. create new thread and keep contributing.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Offline Rina Hong

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #5 on: 06 August 2008, 02:12:28 PM »
Here's some article related to meditation that i found, probably will be useful.

Meditation is a conscious effort to change how the mind works. The Pali word for meditation is 'bhavana' which means 'to make grow' or 'to develop'.

Meditation is very important, No matter how much we may wish to be good, if we cannot change the desires that make us act the way we do, change will be difficult. For example, a person may realize that he is impatient with his wife and he may promise himself: "From now on I am not going to be so impatient." But an hour later he may be shouting at his wife simply because, not being aware of himself, impatience has arisen without him knowing. Meditation helps to develop the awareness and the energy needed to transform ingrained mental habit patterns.

meditation would be good for you if you do it in an enough portion, for example To live, we need salt. But if you were to eat a kilogram of salt it would kill you. To live in the modern world you need a car but if you don't follow the traffic rules or if you drive while you are drunk, a car becomes a dangerous machine. Meditation is like this, it is essential for our mental health and well-being but if you practice in a stupid way, it could cause problems. Some people have problems like depression, irrational fears or schizophrenia, they think meditation is an instant cure for their problem, they start meditating and sometimes their problem gets worse. If you have such a problem, you should seek professional help and after you are better then take up meditation. Other people over reach themselves, they take up meditation and instead of going gradually, step by step, they meditate with too much energy for too long and soon they are exhausted. But perhaps most problems in meditation are caused by ''kangaroo meditation'. Some people go to one teacher and do his meditation technique for a while, then they read something in a book and decide to try that technique, then a week later a famous meditation teacher visits town and so they decide to incorporate some of his ideas into their practice and before long they are hopelessly confused. Jumping like a kangaroo from one teacher to another or from one meditation technique to another is a mistake. But if you don't have any severe mental problem and you take up meditation and practice sensibly it is one of the best things you can do for yourself.

The Buddha taught many different types of meditation, each designed to overcome a particular problem or to develop a particular psychological state. But the two most common and useful types of meditation are Mindfulness of Breathing (anapana sati) and Loving Kindness Meditation (metta bhavana).

To practice mindfullness of breathing, You would follows these easy steps: the four Ps place, posture, practice and problems. First, find a suitable place, perhaps a room that is not too noisy and where you are not likely to do disturbed. Second, sit in a comfortable posture. A good posture is to sit with your legs folded, a pillow under your buttocks, your back straight, the hands nestled in the lap and the eyes closed. Alternatively, you can sit in a chair as long as you keep your back straight. Next comes the actual practice itself. As you sit quietly with your eyes closed you focus your attention on the in and out movement of the breath. This can be done by counting the breaths or watching the rise and fall of the abdomen. When this is done, certain problems and difficulties will arise. You might experience irritating itches on the body or discomfort in the knees. If this happens, try to keep the body relaxed without moving and keep focusing on the breath. You will probably have many intruding thoughts coming into your mind and distracting your attention from the breath. The only way you can deal with this problem is to patiently keep returning your attention to the breath. If you keep doing this, eventually thoughts will weaken, your concentration will become stronger and you will have moments of deep mental calm and inner peace.

the best timer for the basic one is 15 minutes every day for a week and then extend the time by 5 minutes each week until you are meditating for 45 minutes. After a few weeks of regular daily meditation you will start to notice that your concentration gets better, there are less thoughts, and you have moments of real peace and stillness.

Once you are familiar with Mindfulness of Breathing and are practicing it regularly you can start practicing Loving Kindness Meditation. Loving Kindness Meditation should be done two or three times each week after you have done Mindfulness of Breathing. First, you turn your attention to yourself and say to yourself words like "May I be well and happy. May I be peaceful and calm. May I be protected from dangers. May my mind be free from hatred. May my heart be filled with love. May I be well and happy." Then one by one you think of a loved person, a neutral person, that is, someone you neither like nor dislike, and finally a disliked person, wishing each of them well as you do so.

the benefit If you do Loving Kindness Meditation regularly and with the right attitude, you will find very positive changes taking place within yourself. You will find that you are able to be more accepting and forgiving towards yourself. You will find that the feelings you have towards your loved ones will increase. You will find yourself making friends with people you used to be indifferent and uncaring towards, and you will find the ill-will or resentment you have towards some people will lessen and eventually be dissolved. Sometimes if you know of someone who is sick, unhappy or encountering difficulties you can include them in your meditation and very often you will find their situation improving.

The mind, when properly developed, is a very powerful instrument. If we can learn to focus our mental energy and project it towards others, it can have an effect upon them. You may have had an experience like this. Perhaps you are in a crowded room and you get this feeling that someone is watching you. You turn around and, sure enough, someone is staring at you. What has happened is that you have picked up that other person's mental energy. Loving Kindness Meditation is like this. We project positive mental energy towards others and it gradually transforms them.

A teacher is not absolutely necessary but personal guidance from someone who is familiar with meditation is certainly helpful. Unfortunately, some monks and laymen set themselves up as meditation teachers when they simply don't know what they are doing. Try to pick a teacher who has a good reputation, a balanced personality and who adheres closely to the Buddha's teachings.

Meditation is now accepted as having a highly therapeutic effect upon the mind and is used by many professional mental health workers to help induce relaxation, overcome phobias and bring about self-awareness. The Buddha's insights into the human mind are helping people as much today as they did in ancient times.

The four Reliances
And 4th,rely on the essence of your pure Wisdom Mind, not on judgmental perceptions

Offline chizz_roll

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 74
  • Be Mindful
Love is...
« Reply #6 on: 16 October 2008, 08:03:45 PM »
Happy reading
Lady: Why do you like me..? Why do you love me?
Man : I can't tell the reason.. but I really like you..

Lady: You can't even tell me the reason... how can you say you like me? How can you say you love me?
Man: I really don't know the reason, but I can prove that I love you.

Lady: Proof? No! I want you to tell me the reason. My friend's boyfriend can tell her why he loves her but   not you!

Man: Okok!!! Erm... because you are beautiful, because your voice is sweet,because you are caring, because you are loving, because you are thoughtful, because of your smile, because of your every movements..

Unfortunately, a few days later, the Lady met with an accident and
became
a vegetable. The Guy then placed a letter by her side, and here is the content:

Dearest,

Because of your sweet voice that I love you...
Now can you talk? No! Therefore I cannot love you.

Because of your care and concern that I like you..
Now that you cannot show them, therefore I cannot love you.

Because of your smile, because of your every movements that I love you..
Now can you smile? Now can you move? No, therefore I cannot love you

If love needs a reason, like now, there is no reason for me to love you anymore.
Do love need a reason? No! Therefore, I still love you...

Because love doesn't need a reason.

So Sweet  :) where can i find a man like that? who loves me without a reason?  ???

_/\_
ketika kehidupan memberimu seribu alasan untuk menangis, tunjukkan kalo kamu mempunyai sejuta alasan untuk tersenyum.. Tersenyumlah selalu.. :)

Offline Subzer0

• Bukan Tamu
  • Reputasi: 2
« Reply #7 on: 03 November 2008, 06:13:30 PM »
Hahahahahahahaha LOL

Why, we love vegetables though, don't we?

It would much complicate things if the girl became a man!  What might happen I wonder?
MindImageDecoder decoder = MindCodec.createMindDecoder(new MindInputStream(Buddha));
BufferedImage mind = decoder.decodeAsBufferedImage();
----Maybe this counts as a koan?

Offline Rina Hong

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #8 on: 16 December 2008, 03:02:16 PM »
What about you guys tell us some stories that you think are interesting : whether they are about your funny experience, or Impressing experience in your live...of course in English, its okay to make some mistakes... practice makes perfect...

Regards,

Rina
The four Reliances

Offline Sumedho

• Kebetulan
  • Administrator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • not self
« Reply #9 on: 17 December 2008, 10:52:57 PM »
Once I was the most handsome man in the family. Since about 2.5 years ago, everything changed. Calvin is now the most handsome one and now I'm the ugliest man in the family. :P

Offline Forte

• Sebelumnya FoxRockman
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 458
  • not mine - not me - not myself
« Reply #10 on: 17 December 2008, 11:35:19 PM »
Once I was the most handsome man in the family. Since about 2.5 years ago, everything changed. Calvin is now the most handsome one and now I'm the ugliest man in the family. :P
=)) =)) =))
Ini bukan milikku, ini bukan aku, ini bukan diriku
6 kelompok 6 - Chachakka Sutta MN 148

Offline hatRed

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 138
  • step at the right place to be light
« Reply #11 on: 31 January 2009, 07:46:22 PM »

don't tell me.

calvin is your son. right?!

:))
i'm just a mammal with troubled soul

Offline defact0r

• Teman
  • Reputasi: 2
« Reply #12 on: 09 February 2009, 07:30:30 PM »
^^ pity to hear that...
saya hanya pemula yg masih perlu banyak belajar
klo ada salah kata mohon di tegur dan dimaafkan
thanks

Offline Sumedho

• Kebetulan
  • Administrator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • not self
« Reply #13 on: 10 February 2009, 08:12:59 AM »
yup hehehehe

Offline oddiezz

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 12
  • in vain
« Reply #14 on: 07 July 2009, 12:39:06 PM »
congratulation...it means he is cute right :)..
u certainly will not hope you are still the most handsome one...
Eschew Obfuscation! Espouse Elucidation!

Offline Rina Hong

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #15 on: 11 July 2009, 03:00:19 PM »
once,there  is a young lady name lie sien, she is very happy cos she has everything ; family, wealthy & healthy, she thought she is the most happiest person in the world,

she spend her whole day at home watching TV (quiz programme), listening to the music,etc
she don't even know anything about this life, what is happiness & sadness.

one day, the parents feel so anxious with her, they don't want the only daughter spend rest of her life like this after they died.

they send her to a school, a school of life...

then she attend the school, the parents send a lady to take care of her, but she don't know about this...

* to be continue

(this story is created from an inspirAtion, i hope somebody will post the next episode)
The four Reliances

Offline Rina Hong

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #16 on: 14 July 2009, 05:49:55 PM »
once he got a problem the lady help her...
it happens many times then the lady disappear suddenly...
now... she is alone, she feel so sad and don't know where to rely on...

she begins to learn how is the feeling of missing someone,

then the parents send a handsome man to the school, she fell in love with him, they have dinner together, dating, etc.

then the man leave her alone.

she feels so sad, then she knew how is the feeling of broken heart...

*to be continue
The four Reliances

Offline Yani Puk

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 37
  • Semoga semua mahluk berbahagia
« Reply #17 on: 27 August 2010, 11:07:29 AM »

He is really old. He grows in graveyard. One day they were some guys playing near him, they were waiting for its fruit to fall down and then bring it home to give to their parents, What delicious fruits they were…
One day the guys get older and older, and now there’s no body coming to see him, nobody’s waiting for its fruit, he is such a lonely tree….
But he keeps growing..Producing many fruits… and now he is dead..He died because he’s really lonely…

So if you want your tree to produce many fruits, just share them with small guys…  :P

What does it mean?

Offline annisa78

• Bukan Tamu
  • Reputasi: 0
Re: How to kill your mother in law
« Reply #18 on: 08 September 2011, 08:11:50 PM »
 :'(  my tears felt down when i read this story....let me share to my friend
thanks

======================

A long time ago in China , a girl named Li-Li got married & went to live with her husband and mother-in-law. In a very short time, Li-Li found that she couldn't get along with her mother-in-law at all.

Their personalities were very different, and Li-Li was angered by many of her mother-in-law's habits. In addition, she criticized Li-Li constantly.

Days passed, and weeks passed. Li-Li and her mother-in-law never stopped arguing and fighting.

But what made the situation even worse was that, according to ancient Chinese tradition, Li-Li had to bow to her mother-in-law and obey her every wish. All the anger and unhappiness in the house was causing Li-Li's poor husband! d great distress.

Finally, Li-Li could not stand her mother-in-! law's bad temper and dictatorship any longer, and she decided to do something about it! Li-Li went to see her father's good friend, Mr. Huang, who sold herbs.

She told him the situation and asked if he would give her some poison so that she could solve the problem once and for all.

Mr. Huang thought for awhile, and finally said, "Li-Li, I will help you solve your problem, but you must listen to me and obey what I tell you."

Li-Li said, "Yes, Mr. Huang, I will do whatever you tell me to do."Mr. Huang went into the back room, and returned in a few minutes with a package of herbs. He told Li-Li, "You can't use a quick-acting poison to get rid of your mother-in-law, because that would cause people to become suspicious Therefore, I have given you a number of herbs that will slowly build up poison in her body. Every other day prepare some delicious meal and put a little of these herbs in her serving.

Now, in order to make sure that nobody suspect you, when she dies, you must be very careful to act very friendly towards her. "Don't argue with her, obey her every wish, and treat her like a queen." Li-Li was so happy.

She thanked Mr. Huang and hurried home to start her plot of murdering her mother-in-law.

Weeks went by, and months went by, and every other day, Li-Li served the specially treated food to her mother-in-law. She remembered what Mr. Huang had said about avoiding suspicion, so she controlled her temper!r, obeyed her mother-in-law, and treated her like her own mother.

After six months had passed, the whole household had changed. Li-Li had practiced controlling her temper so much that she found that she almost never got mad or upset. She hadn't had an argument with her mother-in-law in six months because she now seemed much kinder and easier to get along with.

The mother-in-law's attitude toward Li-Li changed, and she began to love Li-Li like her own daughter. She kept telling friends and relatives that Li-Li was the best daughter-in- law one could ever find. Li-Li and her mother-in-law were now treating each other like a real mother and daughter.

Li-Li's husband was very happy to see what was happening. One day, Li-Li came to see Mr. Huang and asked for his help again She said, "Dear Mr. Huang, please help me to keep the poison from killing my mother-in-law. She's changed into such a nice woman, and I love her like my own mother. I do not want her to die because of the poison I gave her."

Mr. Huang smiled and nodded his head. "Li-Li, there's nothing to worry about. I never gave you any poison. The herbs I gave you were vitamins to improve her health. The only poison was in your mind and your attitude toward her, but that has been all washed away by the love which you gave to her."

HAVE YOU REALIZED that how you treat others is exactly how they will treat you? There is a wise Chinese saying: "The person who loves others will also be loved in return." God might be trying to work in another person's life through you. Send this to your friends and spread the POWER OF LOVE.

Offline Rina Hong

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #19 on: 24 December 2011, 11:34:58 PM »
What does it mean?

if you have something to share with other guys :) you will have much than you expected :)

but if you don't share anything to other in your life, you are eating spoiled food, things that you get from your former life, but since it over, you don't have any to spend anymore, you have nothing in your life.
The four Reliances

Offline collins

• Bukan Tamu
  • Reputasi: 0
« Reply #20 on: 20 September 2012, 09:23:40 PM »

Doesn't make sense to me :S :-?