//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: Valentine dan Dhamma  (Read 2592 times)

Offline sakura

• Teman
  • Reputasi: 6
Valentine dan Dhamma
« on: 18 January 2009, 09:56:38 AM »
Bro/Sis tolongin dong
ada yang punya bahan/makalah/tulisan atau posting atau apalah namanya
yang membahas masalah Valentine dan Dhamma (valentine dari sudut pandang Dhamma)
atau ada yang mo bikinin artikelnya u Buletin Vihara saya
Anumodana atas segala bantuan Bro dan Sis kesemuanya

Offline Umat Awam

• Sahabat Baik
  • Reputasi: 28
Re: Valentine dan Dhamma
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2009, 10:35:34 AM »
HASIL SEARCH GOOGLE N COPAS  :-[  ;D

The Valentine Day

From the Dhamma teaching of Phrabhavanaviriyakhun
on 25 November, 2005

Question :

Sir, what do Buddhists think of the Valentine�s Day ?
I want to explain to my teenage child about love from the Buddhist perspective ?

Answer :

I just heard about Valentine�s Day after my ordination. I found out that it is a day that the Europeans and Americans see as the day of love. Thai teenagers are also beginning to consider this day to be important for them.

It is interesting that this year, the Valentine�s Day is also the Makapuja Day (Feb 14, 1995). Makapuja can also be considered the day of love and compassion that the Buddha had for everyone in the world. He saw that all beings in this place dwell in suffering because greed, anger, and temptation draw them to think, speak and act badly. They suffer in this life and the next as a consequence of their evil deeds. The Buddha wished to lead people out of this suffering permanently, and so on the Makapuja Day, he gave a discourse on the ideal, principles and methods of Buddhism, known as Ovatapatimoka, to 1250 Arahats who in turn presented such teaching to the world.

The compassion of the Buddha is different from love of males and females that involves sexual relationship. Still I do not wish to argue against merit of such day, but I would like give you a guideline. When an event occurs, we should think about how we can turn such event to benefit our lives in committing good deeds for ourselves and the world. If we can do this, every day is good no matter what day it is. So this year as the Valentine�s Day is on the same day as the Makapuja Day, I would like to give you these thoughts:

1. On this day, the parents should look at their children to find faults in them and help them change so that they do not become slave to evil, which are greed, anger, and temptation. This is the love that parents can give.

2. In case that the parents have older children, eager for love and relationship, it is probably difficult to forbid them to love and ask them to become monks like me. Still the parents cannot remain indifferent toward them, but instead, they should teach the children that such love must be within the realm of morality and proper according to the tradition. Teach them not to violate the code of morality as it will become their wounds in this life and the next. People who are attracted to each other should begin, on this day, to practice Dhamma so that when they become married in the future, they will act kindly and courteously toward each other.

3. On the Valentine�s Day, the parents should also encourage the young couples to give alms to monks, contribute to temples and meditate. Then they should explain that the Buddha pointed out that a relationship occurs because:

1. In the past, this couple has committed good deeds together and so the merits tied them together.
2. The couple may never meet in the past life but become acquainted in this life. Thus they are building up merits with each other in this life so that they can be together in this life and the next.

Most people do not know who they were in their past lives, but in this lifetime, the ones who have feelings for each other should commit good deeds together so that they may be together in other lifetimes. Even if they are not couples, they can still be together as a group by doing good deeds collectively.

Therefore, we use this day to benefit our lives. It would be great if the Valentine�s Day and Makapuja Day are on the same day again in the future as both old and young people would come to temple together. And you won�t be disappointed at your teenagers again if you follow this guideline that I give.

Sumber : http://www.dhammakaya.or.th/teaching_quick.php?id=207

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thailand: Practice Dhamma on Valentine's Day
TNA, Feb 1, 2006

Bangkok, Thailand -- Thailand's Department of Religious Affairs is asking schools nationwide to lead students to practice Dhamma at temples on Makha Bucha Day to divert their attention from mainstream culture's celebration of Valentine's Day, Department Director-General Preecha Kanthiya said Wednesday.
The department has asked all provincial culture offices to co-ordinate with local schools in organising religious activities for students, including Dhamma teaching by monks, either in schools or nearby temples Feb 13-15.

In addition, the department will co-operate with the World Buddhist University to organise a grand Buddhist sermon and celebration at Sanam Luang during the same period.

Makha Bucha Day takes place on the full moon of the third lunar month, commemorating the day Lord Buddha recited the "Ovadha Patimakkha" (Fundamental Teaching) to his disciples. This year Makha Bucha Day falls on Feb 13, one day before Valentine's Day.

According to the Department of Religious Affairs Director-General, Buddhist- related activities to be attended by students nationwide would help reduce the younger generation's enthusiasm for Valentine's Day, considered as a western materialist cultural intrusion.

"Instead of letting our young people become obsessed with the day of love," Mr. Preecha said, "we should enrich their minds and souls with Dhamma teaching that will keep their lives healthy, both morally and spiritually," he said.

Sumber : http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=52,2266,0,0,1,0

Offline sakura

• Teman
  • Reputasi: 6
« Reply #2 on: 18 January 2009, 11:27:38 AM »
[at] Umat Awam : Terima kasih atas kirimannya,walau kemampuan bhs saya terbatas, saya akan coba menterjemahkannya

Offline Umat Awam

• Sahabat Baik
  • Reputasi: 28
« Reply #3 on: 19 January 2009, 10:05:03 AM »
Minta pakar disini aja yang terjemahin.. ;D
Tapi. Semoga sukses yah.. _/\_

Offline kullatiro

• Sebelumnya: Daimond
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 97
  • Ehmm, Selamat mencapai Nibbana