//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: Let's "blog" together  (Read 9701 times)

Offline pannadevi

• Samaneri
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 103
Re: Let's "blog" together
« Reply #15 on: 27 June 2010, 04:19:53 PM »
thanks sis Tania...i got it, and already read.
yes, i believe it some of ones can have such ability like sixth sense, could hear or see what will happened on them, but pls be careful to say abhiññā, because we don't know that ability really abhiññā or sixth sense. we haven't knowledge about that. our knowledge so limited, Im so interested with his ability to sent his message using telepathi to his closer companion, so great, it can happened with special ability only (most of them attained jhana, if this jhana attained at previous life, will still with them this their ability at present)

because of u, now I know that story which before i also didn't read that story, I have to concentration with my papers. thanks sis.

may all beings be happy

mettacittena,

Offline tania

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 6
  • sabbe satta bhavanthu sukhittata ..
« Reply #16 on: 27 June 2010, 06:09:07 PM »
hi Pannadevi,
i posted that link to give an example for my post in page [1] which is how good karma can reduce bad karma's effect .. Luang Po in that story could reduce his bad karma's effect from affecting other's life (exclude they has their own bad karma that ready to ripe) aparted its abhinna or just 6th sense .. his good karma can help, although couldn't stop his bad karma from ripens. :)
do the best is not for make people amazed with us, but do the best because it's the only way to enjoy the process .. - Ajahn Brahmvamso

Offline pannadevi

• Samaneri
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #17 on: 27 June 2010, 08:27:17 PM »
ok, its right. yes i understand clearly abt that.
why only us in this thread? let others to participate too.

mettacittena,

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 219
  • Crispy Lotus Root
« Reply #18 on: 27 June 2010, 09:12:01 PM »
haruskah memakai bahasa Inggris?

Eh abis ini waroeng english? Sambil latihan nulis pake Inggris  ;D

It is in English ?....

wooow The blog should be promoted world wide....  ;D ;D
Nagasena : salah satu dari delapan penyebab matangnya kebijaksanaan dgn seringnya bertanya

Offline tania

• Sahabat
« Reply #19 on: 28 June 2010, 12:23:07 AM »
ok, its right. yes i understand clearly abt that.
why only us in this thread? let others to participate too.

mettacittena,

hmm .. idk .. although this thread always updated, but noone want to join .. i think they afraid can't speak freely in english .. -____________-"
nothing too worry, we're all here to learn .. :)

haruskah memakai bahasa Inggris?

Eh abis ini waroeng english? Sambil latihan nulis pake Inggris  ;D

It is in English ?....

wooow The blog should be promoted world wide....  ;D ;D

LoL .. we should get more member in english thread before promoting the web .. :D
do the best is not for make people amazed with us, but do the best because it's the only way to enjoy the process .. - Ajahn Brahmvamso

Offline Terasi

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 12
  • Semoga semua mahluk berbahagia
« Reply #20 on: 29 June 2010, 06:45:19 PM »
Glad to read about the good kamma and bad kamma. If you two say you are beginners, than I am really on ground zero, even minus  :P I really just started to "taste" Buddhism, that's why sometimes there are urges to share the pleasant and meaningful taste I just had.

I still can't make up my mind about the ripening times of good and bad kamma. But I suppose to be on safer side, better try to avoid making more bad ones  :)) This is coming from someone who was once on the verge of being a quadriplegic, somehow I got through all those, probably the work of my good kamma.

Yesterday I went on a job interview. Naturally I was very nervous. Then I realised nervousness was because the mind wandered everywhere, so I tried not to think too much. There was a talk by a young bhante, Ven Larry Varadhammo, a few weeks ago. There were a lot of "pearls" in his talk, but this particular one left very deep imprint in my mind, and was really applicable to that situation (actually to almost all my other situations lol).

He said when you are standing in a queue, do not think "I am queuing", that will just make you impatient and unhappy, just think "What am I doing? Ah I am standing." That's it. Period. S-t-a-n-d-i-n-g. Nothing else nothing more.

I have since heard other bhante talked about something similar, but still the first time left deeper impression.

Thank you Ven Larry! This pearl has helped me soooo many many times.
« Last Edit: 29 June 2010, 06:47:19 PM by Terasi »

Offline tania

• Sahabat
« Reply #21 on: 29 June 2010, 08:33:48 PM »
He said when you are standing in a queue, do not think "I am queuing", that will just make you impatient and unhappy, just think "What am I doing? Ah I am standing." That's it. Period. S-t-a-n-d-i-n-g. Nothing else nothing more.

I have since heard other bhante talked about something similar, but still the first time left deeper impression.

Thank you Ven Larry! This pearl has helped me soooo many many times.

a very2 nice word, i love it too .. i've attended bhante Uttamo's dhammadesana and he said, "we are impatient because of what we expected" .. the lower we expect, the lower level of impatient we could get .. :)

p.s i'm already studied about buddhism since junior school, but i never try to learn more, just like another school subject for me. But since i joined the forum, i think of it more and more. And i attend more discussions with friends or in Vihara at sunday .. that's why i told you i am beginner ..  ;D

Offline pannadevi

• Samaneri
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #22 on: 01 July 2010, 06:24:18 PM »
nice posts...as an appreciated +GRP both of u....

Offline tania

• Sahabat
« Reply #23 on: 01 July 2010, 07:14:06 PM »
nice posts...as an appreciated +GRP both of u....

thx Pannadevi! will send for you too, since dhammacitta's database has been fixed .. :)

Offline Terasi

• Sahabat
« Reply #24 on: 04 July 2010, 06:29:40 PM »
Today we had Ajahn Sukhito with us, one of his talks was about attachment. As long as we are not Arahan (yet), it is unavoidable to be attached to things. Especially laypeople. Laypeople can’t afford to be wishy-washy in real life.

Not all attachments are unwholesome. There are wholesome attachments, and to some extent, it is fine. For instance, tomorrow’s plan keep coming up in our mind. Yes, we are attached to it. No, it is not an unwholesome attachment, having plan for tomorrow is good, no need to discard it. Just try to let it go for half hour while we are meditating (or when we are supposed to be doing something else).

I think, the key is striking the balance between having the attachment, and being able to let it go. It is basically like holding a cup to drink, then put it down after drinking. If we are attached to that cup, we’ll end up carrying it everywhere!

Ajahn said, to deal with attachment we have to think about it. Think about its impact, and whether the object of attachment is permanent (permanently yours). It could be a fun exercise too, give yourself a challenge.

For example, you like drinking Coca Cola, try not to drink for a week. Can you do it? If you do not drink Coca Cola for a week, will it kill you? Ajahn said he is attached to being a monk because that is what he wants to do with his life, but if tomorrow he’s not allowed to be a monk anymore, then he would let it go.

Generosity is a good practice to deal with attachment. Say you have a basket of apples. Normally when we give things away, we keep the best one to ourselves. This time, try to give the best ones to other people! It will teach you about material things, and in the end, simplicity in life is a good practice to deal with attachment.

Offline tania

• Sahabat
« Reply #25 on: 07 July 2010, 08:42:32 PM »
today, "kisah buddhist grup" sent me message about Chattapani, from Dhammapada IV 8-9

a laity named Chattapani, who is an anagami lived in Savatthi. One day, Chattapani visited Lord Buddha in Vihara Jetavana, to hear dhamma in honor and attention.

King Pasenadi has came to Lord Buddha too. Chattapani isn't standing because he think if he standing, it means he gave honor to King Pasenadi, not to Lord Buddha. The king thought that this is a contemptible and break the rule. Lord Buddha knew what is in King Pasenadi's mind; He praised Chattapani, who is great in Dhamma and already reached Anagami.

Hearing this, King Pasenadi is so fascinate and honoring Chattapani. At the following meeting, King Pasenadi asked Chattapani, "You're so smart, would you please come to the palace and give  dhamma lesson to both of my wife?"

Chattapani ignored but he adviced to ask for Lord Buddha's permit and tell Him his purpose. Lord Buddha assigned Ananda to give regular dhamma lesson to Queen Mallika and Queen Vasabhakkhatiya in Palace.

after several days, Lord Buddha asked Ananda about the progrees of two Queens. Ananda replied that Queen Mallika listen to the Dhamma in earnest, while Queen Vasabhakhattiya not really learn the Dhamma.

Then the Buddha expounded lyrics to 51 and 52 the following:

Like a beautiful flower but it doesn't smell nice, so too would not be useful pearls of words uttered by people who do not carry it out.

Like a beautiful flower and smells good, so too it is useful pearls words spoken by the people who execute it.

indonesian :

Seorang umat awam bernama Chattapani yang merupakan seorang anagami tinggal di Savatthi. Pada satu kesempatan, Chattapani menghadap Sang Buddha di Vihara Jetavana, mendengarkan khotbah Dhamma dengan penuh hormat dan penuh perhatian.

Ketika itu Raja Pasenadi juga sedang mengunjungi Sang Buddha. Chattapani tidak berdiri sebab dia berpikir bahwa berdiri berarti dia memberikan hormat kepada raja bukan kepada Sang Buddha. Raja menganggap hal ini adalah suatu penghinaan dan melanggar peraturan. Sang buddha mengetahui pemikiran Raja Pasenadi; maka Beliau memuji Chattapani, yang sangat baik dalam Dhamma dan juga telah mencapai tingkat kesucian anagami.

Mendengar hal ini, Raja Pasenadi sangat terpesona dan memberikan penghormatan kepada Chattapani.

Pada pertemuan berikutnya, raja bertemu dengan Chattapani dan berkata, "Anda sangat pandai; dapatkah anda datang ke istana dan memberikan pelajaran Dhamma kepada kedua orang istriku?"

Chattapani menolak tetapi beliau menyarankan untuk meminta izin kepada Sang Buddha agar menugaskan seorang bhikkhu untuk memberikan pelajaran Dhamma. Raja menghampiri Sang Buddha dan menceritakan maksudnya. Sang Buddha memerintahkan Ananda untuk memberikan pelajaran Dhamma secara teratur kepada Ratu Mallika dan Ratu Vasabhakhattiya di istana.

Setelah beberapa waktu, Sang Buddha bertanya kepada Ananda tentang kemajuan dari kedua orang ratu tersebut. Ananda menjawab bahwa Ratu Mallika mendengarkan Dhamma dengan sungguh-sungguh, sedagkan Vasabhakhattiya tidak sungguh-sungguh belajar Dhamma. Mendengar ini Sang Buddha berkata bahwa Dhamma akan memberikan manfaat bagi seseorang yang mempelajarinya dengan sungguh-sungguh, penuh hormat, dan penuh perhatian serta rajin mempraktekkan apa yang telah dipelajari.

Kemudian Sang Buddha membabarkan syair 51 dan 52 berikut:

Bagaikan sekuntum bunga yang indah tetapi tidak berbau harum; demikian pula akan tidak bermanfaat kata-kata mutiara yang diucapkan oleh orang yang tidak melaksanakannya.

Bagaikan sekuntum bunga yang indah serta berbau harum; demikian pula sungguh bermanfaat kata-kata mutiara yang diucapkan oleh orang yang melaksanakannya.

Sumber:

Dhammapada Atthakatha —Kisah-kisah Dhammapada, Bhikkhu Jotidhammo (editor), Vidyasena Vihara Vidyaloka, Yogyakarta, 1997.
 _/\_

Offline Terasi

• Sahabat
« Reply #26 on: 10 July 2010, 03:17:10 PM »
Being a beginner (who is also having a lot of anxieties about life in her mind, lol), I am very interested at the practical side of Buddhism, because I am desperate for peace of mind, and because there are soooo many to learn. We all have to start from somewhere, isn't it.

Today someone gave me a link to Bhikku Bodhi's "Questions on Kamma": http://www.buddhanet.net/budsas/ebud/ebdha057.htm. The points that I wish to take up immediately are:

The Buddha says: "Monks it is volition that I call kamma. For having willed, one then acts by body, speech or mind". .... What really lies behind all action, the essence of all action, is volition, the power of the will.

When a willed action is performed it leaves a track in the mind, an imprint which can mark the beginning of a new mental tendency. It has a tendency to repeat itself, to reproduce itself, somewhat like a protozon, like an amoeba. As these actions multiply, they form our character. Our personality is nothing but a sum of all our willed actions, a cross-section of all our accumulated kamma.

That is why the Buddha emphasizes, so strongly the need to be mindful of every action, of every choice. For every choice of ours has a tremendous potential for the future.

It is true that very often we have to reap the results of our past kamma. But the important point to understand is that kamma is volitional action, and volitional action always takes place in the present, only in the present. This means at present it is possible for us to change the entire direction of our life.

If we closely examine our lives we'll see that our experience is of two types: first, experience that comes to us passively, which we receive independently of our choice; and second, experience which we create for ourselves through our choices and attitudes. The passive side of experience is largely the effect of past kamma.We generally have to face this and learn to accept it. But within those limitations there is a space, the tremendous space of the present moment, in which we can reconstruct our world with our own minds.

Those, combined with this post by Bro. Tesla on Abhidhamma class: http://dhammacitta.org/forum/index.php/topic,2878.30.html about Akusala Cetasika that are non-LDM and how to prevent them:

Bukan kelompok LDM :
12. Thina (malas)
13. MIddha (lamban)
14. Vicikiccha (ragu-ragu)

Viriya = semangat (daya tahan batin/endurance), faktor batin yang membangkitkan semangat dan memiliki ciri khas mendukung, mengukuhkan, mempertahankan faktor-faktor batin.

Kayalahuta & Cittalahuta = Faktor batin yang bertanggung jawab di dalam keringanan/kecepatan faktor-faktor batin dan kesadaran di dalam menanggapi objek. Faktor batin ini merupakan lawan dari thina-middha yang menyebabkan sikap berat batin di dalam menanggapi objek.

Those are gems! So now I understand that our will forms thoughts, speeches, and actions. Willed actions form personality (and kammas). Personality + past kammas = current circumstances. BUT, we are not to despair by thinking that "we are who we are, can't change fate.." because the reversal is always an option.

So for the present moment, what to do is to reform myself, be careful of thina, middha and vicikiccha, then reap the reward  ;D - yeah that's another kind of lobha?

And to keep myself on the path, Tania's post above gave the last nail on the coffin .. oops, I mean the seal on the envelope:

Mendengar ini Sang Buddha berkata bahwa Dhamma akan memberikan manfaat bagi seseorang yang mempelajarinya dengan sungguh-sungguh, penuh hormat, dan penuh perhatian serta rajin mempraktekkan apa yang telah dipelajari.

EDIT:
What is GRP?
« Last Edit: 10 July 2010, 03:23:01 PM by Terasi »

Offline tania

• Sahabat
« Reply #27 on: 19 July 2010, 12:36:15 AM »
hi friends .. long time no see ..
Well this is a popular short story from Ajahn Brahm that me and my friends always use in our daily routine .. this may help us to think more and more about how important the debate is. But remember, please use it before talk about your argument, think twice. Because some people cant received if you say, "it's not important enough to talk about" after you said your argument.

well here it is, The Chicken and The Duck
 A newly married couple went for a walk together in a wood, one fine summer’s evening after dinner. They were having such a wonderful time being together until they heard a sound in the distance: ‘Quack! Quack!’

‘Listen,’said the wife, ‘That must be a chicken.’
‘No,no. That was a duck,’ said the husband.
‘No, I’m sure that was a chicken,’ she said.
‘Impossible. Chicken go “Cock-a-doodle-doo”, ducks go “Quack! Quack!” That’s a duck, darling,’ he said, with the first signs of irritation.
‘Quack! Quack!” it went again.
‘See! It’s a duck,’ he said.
‘No dear. That’s a chicken. I’m positive,’ she asserted, digging in her heels.
‘Listen wife! That….is….a…duck. D-U-C-K, duck! Got it?’ he said angrily.
‘But it’s a chicken,’ she protested.
‘It’s a blooming duck, you,you….’
And it went ‘Quack! Quack!’ again before he said something he oughtn’t.
The wife was almost in tears. ‘But it’s a chicken.’
The husband saw the tears welling up in his wife’s eyes and, at last, remembered why he had married her. His face softened and he said gently, ‘Sorry, darling. I think you must be right. This is a chicken.’
‘Thank you, darling.’ She said and she squeezed his hand.
‘Quack! Quack!’ came the sound through the woods, as they continued their walk together in love.

The point of the story that the husband finally awakened to was, who cares whether it is a chicken or a duck? What was much more important was their harmony together , that they could enjoy their walkl on such a fine summer’s evening. How many marriages are broken over the unimportant matters? How many divorces cite ‘chicken or duck’ stuff.

When we understand this story, we will remember our priorities. The marriage is more important than being right about whether it is a chicken or a duck. Anyway, how many times have we been absolutely, certainly and positively convinced we are right, only to find out we were wrong later/ Who knows? That could have been genetically modified chicken made to sound like a duck!

tell this story to all of your friends, to remember them about the priorities .. but dont forget to practice is yourself .. :)

Offline pannadevi

• Samaneri
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #28 on: 05 June 2011, 10:41:19 AM »
Being a beginner (who is also having a lot of anxieties about life in her mind, lol), I am very interested at the practical side of Buddhism, because I am desperate for peace of mind, and because there are soooo many to learn. We all have to start from somewhere, isn't it.

Today someone gave me a link to Bhikku Bodhi's "Questions on Kamma": http://www.buddhanet.net/budsas/ebud/ebdha057.htm. The points that I wish to take up immediately are:

The Buddha says: "Monks it is volition that I call kamma. For having willed, one then acts by body, speech or mind". .... What really lies behind all action, the essence of all action, is volition, the power of the will.

When a willed action is performed it leaves a track in the mind, an imprint which can mark the beginning of a new mental tendency. It has a tendency to repeat itself, to reproduce itself, somewhat like a protozon, like an amoeba. As these actions multiply, they form our character. Our personality is nothing but a sum of all our willed actions, a cross-section of all our accumulated kamma.

That is why the Buddha emphasizes, so strongly the need to be mindful of every action, of every choice. For every choice of ours has a tremendous potential for the future.

It is true that very often we have to reap the results of our past kamma. But the important point to understand is that kamma is volitional action, and volitional action always takes place in the present, only in the present. This means at present it is possible for us to change the entire direction of our life.

If we closely examine our lives we'll see that our experience is of two types: first, experience that comes to us passively, which we receive independently of our choice; and second, experience which we create for ourselves through our choices and attitudes. The passive side of experience is largely the effect of past kamma.We generally have to face this and learn to accept it. But within those limitations there is a space, the tremendous space of the present moment, in which we can reconstruct our world with our own minds.

Those, combined with this post by Bro. Tesla on Abhidhamma class: http://dhammacitta.org/forum/index.php/topic,2878.30.html about Akusala Cetasika that are non-LDM and how to prevent them:

Bukan kelompok LDM :
12. Thina (malas)
13. MIddha (lamban)
14. Vicikiccha (ragu-ragu)

Viriya = semangat (daya tahan batin/endurance), faktor batin yang membangkitkan semangat dan memiliki ciri khas mendukung, mengukuhkan, mempertahankan faktor-faktor batin.

Kayalahuta & Cittalahuta = Faktor batin yang bertanggung jawab di dalam keringanan/kecepatan faktor-faktor batin dan kesadaran di dalam menanggapi objek. Faktor batin ini merupakan lawan dari thina-middha yang menyebabkan sikap berat batin di dalam menanggapi objek.

Those are gems! So now I understand that our will forms thoughts, speeches, and actions. Willed actions form personality (and kammas). Personality + past kammas = current circumstances. BUT, we are not to despair by thinking that "we are who we are, can't change fate.." because the reversal is always an option.

So for the present moment, what to do is to reform myself, be careful of thina, middha and vicikiccha, then reap the reward  ;D - yeah that's another kind of lobha?

And to keep myself on the path, Tania's post above gave the last nail on the coffin .. oops, I mean the seal on the envelope:

Mendengar ini Sang Buddha berkata bahwa Dhamma akan memberikan manfaat bagi seseorang yang mempelajarinya dengan sungguh-sungguh, penuh hormat, dan penuh perhatian serta rajin mempraktekkan apa yang telah dipelajari.

EDIT:
What is GRP?

after long time...where are you now sis...?

hopefully u read this thread again....

GRP means, Good Reputation Posts. after u have 1000 posts then u can send GRP/BRP to others.

i interested with ur considered : So for the present moment, what to do is to reform myself, be careful of thina, middha and vicikiccha, then reap the reward  ;D - yeah that's another kind of lobha?, because for my opinion this is mental factors different with lobha. if not wrong thina, middha and vicikiccha are the unwholesome factors (14 akusalacetasika).
« Last Edit: 05 June 2011, 10:49:21 AM by pannadevi »

anything