//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: Steven Jobs (Apple Company)  (Read 10795 times)

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 219
  • Crispy Lotus Root
all about steve jobs
« Reply #30 on: 27 February 2011, 09:41:13 AM »
http://www.allaboutstevejobs.com/being/4-home/4-home.html

yg ini bagus... khusus utk suhu Medho dehhh

John Sculley adds: “He (Jobs) possessed an innate sense of knowing exactly how to extract the best from people."
« Last Edit: 27 February 2011, 10:10:17 AM by johan3000 »
Nagasena : salah satu dari delapan penyebab matangnya kebijaksanaan dgn seringnya bertanya

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Crispy Lotus Root
Re: Steven Jobs (Apple Company)
« Reply #31 on: 27 February 2011, 10:07:03 AM »
Steve Jobs terkenal sangat kejam terhadap karyawannya..
itu juga merupakan salah satu paradox menurut saya....

Jean-Louis Gassée, a former Apple executive who was instrumental in Steve’s ouster in 1985, put it in those words: "Democracies don't make great products. You need a competent tyrant"

Engineer Bob Belleville recalls Jobs recruiting him from Xerox in 1982 with the words: “I hear you're great, but everything you've done so far is crap. Come work for me.”

tyrant :
An absolute ruler who governs without restrictions.
A ruler who exercises power in a harsh, cruel manner.
An oppressive, harsh, arbitrary person.

« Last Edit: 27 February 2011, 10:15:00 AM by johan3000 »
Nagasena : salah satu dari delapan penyebab matangnya kebijaksanaan dgn seringnya bertanya

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Crispy Lotus Root
He has no formal training whatsoever
« Reply #32 on: 27 February 2011, 11:57:45 AM »
Steve Jobs’ real genius. It is important to recall that he has no formal training whatsoever: not in management, and certainly not in engineering. Yet many engineers he’s worked with are amazed at his capacity to take critical engineering decisions solely based on his instinct. Often times, he was proven right. Woz said of it: “Steve did an excellent job of melding the marketing, operations and technology. He understood which technology was good and what people would like. It was a weird situation. He couldn't design a computer — he was never a designer or a programmer — but he could understand it well enough to understand what was good and what was bad.”

Even Bill Gates said it was what he envied most in him: “I’d give a lot to have Steve’s taste. I think in terms of intuitive taste, both for people and products, you know, we sat in Mac product reviews where there were questions about software choices, how things would be done, that I viewed as an engineering question, because that’s just how my mind works. And I’d see Steve make the decision based on a sense of people and product that is even hard for me to explain. The way he does things is just different, and I think it’s magical.”

This is why Apple doesn’t use consumer testing: it doesn’t need it. Steve Jobs alone is Apple’s consumer testing. The exceptional ease-of-use that distinguishes Apple from its competitors is largely attributable to this technique. Steve will not green-light a product that does not fully satisfy his standards — and these standards are pretty high.
« Last Edit: 27 February 2011, 12:09:49 PM by johan3000 »

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Crispy Lotus Root
Re: Steven Jobs (Apple Company)
« Reply #33 on: 07 March 2011, 10:36:13 AM »

Apple's iPhone business, which didn't exist three years ago, now represents a whopping 40% of the company's revenue, and has been the company's biggest revenue generator for three quarters in a row.
During the March quarter, iPhone revenue grew 124% year-over-year to $5.4 billion, or 40% of Apple's $13.5 billion in total revenue. Because of high profit margins on the iPhone, it's likely Apple's biggest profit contributor, too. (But that's another chart.)
Apple's second-biggest business is its Mac computer division, which grew 27% year-over-year in the March quarter to $3.8 billion, or 28% of Apple's overall sales.

manisnya (duit) iPhone
« Last Edit: 07 March 2011, 10:38:15 AM by johan3000 »