//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: are u HAPPY to be POOR?  (Read 9872 times)

Offline K.K.

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 268
Re: are u HAPPY to be POOR?
« Reply #30 on: 01 March 2011, 08:46:53 AM »
thanks 4 asking mr KK.

Coz...when m poor in the support and  love of my fams...what else would be more beautiful?
I don't really understand what beauty there is in the lack of support and love of family. Elaborate?

coz im poor of knowledge, then i would start to learn n keep learning...
Many people [literally] stupid and poor of knowledge, yet they don't care of learning. What truly drives one to learn is enough wisdom to realize that learning is necessary whether they're smart already or not.

coz im poor of money, then i would work to have it...
This one, I think I got the point. But precisely, IMO, not the state of poor economy that makes you work, but the sense of responsibility. Rich children aren't obliged to earn income because they already have enough. Nevertheless, many of them still work their way too.

On the other side, poor children generally demanded to work to support. But lack of sense of responsibility often obstruct them and they end up getting worse. Thus, I don't think that poverty makes you work.

coz im poor, after i hav some money, i will appreciate it by spending it wisely...
This one I agree... to certain degree. Of course poor people hardly have money to spend, so they must choose wisely. But it's also uncommon among them to spend it rashly.

coz im poor, if one day i would be successful woman, I would appreciate every moment of being "more than others" and sharing them to those who needed.
We can always be grateful of what we have now if we have contentment in moderation. We never have to compare with others (who have 'more' or 'less' than us) because you'd be awfully miserable when you got no one 'less' to compare to.

To me, it's about us against ourselves, our moderation against our greed. The less greed you have, the more 'happiness' you'll get.