//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: A rose for your pocket ( Thich Nahn Hanh) Untuk mama  (Read 2343 times)

Offline aitristina

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 52
  • every1 is #1...
A rose for your pocket ( Thich Nahn Hanh) Untuk mama
« on: 14 June 2009, 10:11:52 PM »

Posted by: "kosong_jw [at] yahoo.com" kosong_jw [at] yahoo.com   kosong_jw
Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:33 pm (PDT)

A lotus for you, Buddha to be.

Doa perlindungan dan bodhictta.
Aku berlindung kepada semua Buddha, Dharma, dan Sanggha yang mulia hingga merealisasi pencerahan sempurna. Dengan jasa kebajikan telah aku perolah dari merampungkan 6 paramitha, semoga aku merealisasikan keBuddhaan untuk manfaat semua mahluk.

Ini saya tuliskan untuk  semua orang dan sebagai ucapan terima kasih  dan rasa syukur untuk semua ibu terutama untuk mama ( Djong tjhieo fa dan Mingyur Rinpoche ). Aku pertama kali belajar tentang kesabaran, cinta dan welas asih dan lain-lain dari mama. Mama selalu menyayangi  dan membimbing aku  ke jalan kebahagian meskipun aku sering tidak peduli, kurang sopan dan lain-lain.Dulu waktu masih kecil aku menyanyikan sebuah lagu " kasih ibu sepanjang massa... ." Sudah lama aku ingin menulis A Rose
For Your Pocket dari Thich Nhat Hnat, sekarang aku melaksanakannya. Semoga sharing ini semua membawa manfaat untuk semua Guru, Triratna dan semua mahluk.

"When i woke up it about 2 in the morning and i felt very storngly as though i had never lost my mother. The impression that my mother was still with me was very clear. I understood then that the idea of having lost my mother was just an idea. It was obvious in that moment that my mother was just idea. It was obvious in that moment that my mother is always alive in me" ( No Death, No fear) by Thich Nhat Hanh.

A note for the publisher.
We believe all of us could not love our mother ( and father too, of course) enough. Our love will always be wanting compared to the love anda sacrifices that our mother showered upon us since the day we were in her womb.
In this short but sweet work, Vietnamese Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh extols the virtue of mothers. His word touch and make us feel
wanting in our love for  our mothers. We feel we have not loved our mother well enough, that we need to love herr better.
We hope that after reading this booklet, all of us will be awakened to appreciate our mothers mors, to be more loving, grateful, and kinder to her.
May we love our mother with true children's love, appreciating her " like a spring of pure water, like the very finest sugar cane or honey, the best quality sweet rice".
May all beings be haappy.

A Rose for Your Pocket

The though 'mother' cannot be separated from that of 'love'. Love is sweet, tender, and delicious. Without love, a children cannot flower, an adult cannot mature. Without love, we weaken, wither.

The day my mother died, i made this entry in my journal: " The greatest misfortune of my life has come !" Even and old person, when he loses his mother, doesn't feel ready. He too has the impression that he is not yet ripe, that he is suddently
alone. He feel as abandoned and unhaappy as a young orpahn.

All song dan poems praising motherhood are beautiful, effortlessly beuatiful. Even songwritters and poets without much talent seem to pour their.hearts into these works, and when they are recited or sung, the performers also seem deeply moved, unless they have lost their mothers too early even to know what love mother is. Writings extolling the virtues of motherhood have exisited since the beginning of time troughout the word.

When i was a child i heard a simple poem about losing your mother, and it is still very important for me. If your mother is still alive, you may feel tenderness for her each time you read this, fearing this distant yet inevitable event.

That year, although i
was still very young
My mother left me,
And i realised

That i was an orphan.
Everyone around me was crying.
iI suffered in silence...

Allowing the tears to flow,
I
felt my pain soften.

Eeving enveloped Mother's tomb,
The pagoda bell rang sweetly.

I realized that to lose yoor mother
Is to lose the whole universe.

We swim in a word of tender love for many years, and, without even knowing it, we are quite happy there. Only after it is too late do we become aware of it.

People in the countryside do not understand the complicated language of city people. When people from the city say that mother is " a treasure of love", that is already too complex for them. Country people in Vietnam compare their mothers to finest varieties of bananas or to honey, sweet rice, or sugar cane. They express their love in these simple and direct ways. For me, a mother is like a ba huong banana of the highest quality, like the best nep mot sweet rice, the most delicious mea lau sugar cane !

( mindfullness bell)

There are moment after a fever when you have a bitter, falt taste in your mouth,
and nothing tastes good. Only when your mother comes and tucks you in, gently pulls the covers over your chin, puts her hand on your burning forehead ( is it really a hand, or is it the silk of heaven ?), and gently whispers, " My poor darling!" do you feel restored, surrounded with the sweetness of material love. Her love is so fragrant, like a banana, like sweet rice, like sugar cane.

Father's work is enormous, as huge as a mountain. Mother's devotion is overflowing, like water from a mountain spring. Maternal love is our first taste of love, the origin of all feeling of love. Our mother is the teacher who first teaches us love, the most important subject in life. Without my mother i could never have known how to love. Thanks to her i can love my neighbors. Thanks to her i can love all living beings. Trough her i acquired my first notions  of understanding and compasssion. Mother is the foundation of all love, and many religious tradition
recognize this and pay deep honor to a meternal figure, the Virgin Mary, The goddes Kwan Yin. Hardly an infant has opened her mouth
Life is about living...

anything