//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: Why English...?  (Read 11246 times)

Offline dhammasiri

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 44
Re: Why English...?
« Reply #15 on: 29 December 2010, 09:26:10 PM »
I started learning english when i was in high school. i failed to pass the english exam, i hate english since then. now i make up my mind, why bother to learn english, life is difficult already and speaking in bahasa indonesia will make life much more easier. =))
Don't think that speaking in Bahasa Indonesia will make life much more easier. If you say "Malu aku!" to Sri Lankans, they will give you fish as "malu" means "fish". When Sri Lankan girl say "Panas pahae" to you, you would be so surprised, got fainting maybe. But, "panas pahae" means "fifty-five" hahaha
Kedamaian dunia tidak akan tercapai bila batin kita tidak damai

Offline calon_arahat

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 26
  • On the journey of life..
« Reply #16 on: 29 December 2010, 09:44:04 PM »
i like english.. i got introduced to the language "English" when i was very very young, maybe at kindergarten i guess, and have begun to like that language since that time.. i don't know why i like english and was very interested at the first time i knew it.. then, i began to learn english and i was so interested that i liked to talk to foreigners and even i wanted to move to the US (that's what i thought when i was a child).. until now, i like speaking english, writing in english, and reading english textbook since i think english textbooks are far better and easier to understand than the translated ones, which are very hard to be understood and make me confused.. translating a textbook really isn't an easy job to do.. even me, if i were the translator, i won't be able to make a good translation..
then, by the time i grew up, i knew Singlish and thought it is a more practical form of English language, hahaha.. then i also learn singlish lah.. but unfortunately singlish has ruined my grammar,T_T
The health of my patients will be my first consideration..

Offline tesla

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 125
  • bukan di surga atau neraka, hanya di sini
« Reply #17 on: 29 December 2010, 09:46:36 PM »
coz i wanna play vid game with english dialog (originally in japanese, but it translated to english).  >:D
Lepaskan keserakahan akan kesenangan. Lihatlah bahwa melepaskan dunia adalah kedamaian. Tidak ada sesuatu pun yang perlu kau raup, dan tidak ada satu pun yang perlu kau dorong pergi. ~ Buddha ~

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 219
  • Crispy Lotus Root
« Reply #18 on: 30 December 2010, 05:15:16 PM »
i like english.. i got introduced to the language "English" when i was very very young, maybe at kindergarten i guess, and have begun to like that language since that time.. i don't know why i like english and was very interested at the first time i knew it.. then, i began to learn english and i was so interested that i liked to talk to foreigners and even i wanted to move to the US (that's what i thought when i was a child).. until now, i like speaking english, writing in english, and reading english textbook since i think english textbooks are far better and easier to understand than the translated ones, which are very hard to be understood and make me confused.. translating a textbook really isn't an easy job to do.. even me, if i were the translator, i won't be able to make a good translation..
then, by the time i grew up, i knew Singlish and thought it is a more practical form of English language, hahaha.. then i also learn singlish lah.. but unfortunately singlish has ruined my grammar,T_T

have you started to dream in English ? pls share....
Nagasena : salah satu dari delapan penyebab matangnya kebijaksanaan dgn seringnya bertanya

Offline calon_arahat

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 26
  • On the journey of life..
« Reply #19 on: 31 December 2010, 08:04:41 PM »
yes i have.. why not? i can think in english therefore i can dream in english lah..
The health of my patients will be my first consideration..

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Crispy Lotus Root
« Reply #20 on: 31 December 2010, 10:26:18 PM »
yes i have.. why not? i can think in english therefore i can dream in english lah..

so who spoke English with you in that dreams ?
Nagasena : salah satu dari delapan penyebab matangnya kebijaksanaan dgn seringnya bertanya

Offline Rina Hong

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: -2
« Reply #21 on: 01 January 2011, 08:52:59 PM »
oh pantesan dibilang bro upasaka klo sis dhammasukkha minta GRP, ternyata disini, ok deh, kasih...+GRP

sory sis Rina ikutan ngejunk, tp sis Rina udah sy krm juga kok kemarin...(***biar ga disemprot ikutan ngejunk***)
hehehe... you may ngejunk in english ... :p
The four Reliances
1st,rely on the spirit and meaning of the teachings, not on the words;
2nd,rely on the teachings, not on the personality of the teacher;
3rd,rely on real wisdom, not superficial interpretation;
And 4th,rely on the essence of your pure Wisdom Mind, not on judgmental perceptions

Offline pannadevi

• Samaneri
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 103
« Reply #22 on: 01 January 2011, 10:29:30 PM »
oh pantesan dibilang bro upasaka klo sis dhammasukkha minta GRP, ternyata disini, ok deh, kasih...+GRP

sory sis Rina ikutan ngejunk, tp sis Rina udah sy krm juga kok kemarin...(***biar ga disemprot ikutan ngejunk***)

hehehe... you may ngejunk in english ... :p

hehehe...actually my english so terrible, therefore im using mother tongue, easier for me.  ^-^ ^-^

btw, i also love to learn english, unfortunately my ability still quite low until now, for daily activities in campus i just try to confidence with my limited ability....xixixi...(so shamefull  :-[ :-[)

Offline pannadevi

• Samaneri
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 103
« Reply #23 on: 01 January 2011, 10:35:58 PM »

if she had that habit from she was young, i believed she also using that language in her dream, because she using english for daily activities (she needs english books for her study).

Offline Rina Hong

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #24 on: 07 January 2011, 09:59:55 PM »
i still remember when i was working in a company where my colleagues is "bulek"

they keep complaining how's Indonesian does the job...heheh...at that time i got used to argue with them everyday although i was not very fluent in english... then sometimes i become very emotional coz i know very little vocabulary and loss in arguing...

arguing is very nice things when you know much vocab...

**special thanks to Blair who argue with me everyday...hahaha**
The four Reliances
And 4th,rely on the essence of your pure Wisdom Mind, not on judgmental perceptions

Offline Rina Hong

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #25 on: 07 January 2011, 10:01:44 PM »

if she had that habit from she was young, i believed she also using that language in her dream, because she using english for daily activities (she needs english books for her study).

she supposed to dream about meeting a friend who speaks english...
The four Reliances

Offline hardymika

• Bukan Tamu
  • Reputasi: 3
« Reply #26 on: 17 January 2011, 08:29:59 AM »
english is really bothersome language.
too much rule, always made me dizzy.

it's fortunate that i passed english test when I still at high school with pretty decent score. LoL
AaAAAaaaAHhHHHHHHHHH

Offline johan3000

• KalyanaMitta
  • Crispy Lotus Root
« Reply #27 on: 17 January 2011, 08:32:34 AM »
english is really bothersome language.
too much rule, always made me dizzy.

it's fortunate that i passed english test when I still at high school with pretty decent score. LoL

If you married a blond, learning English will be a piece of cake!

Offline hardymika

• Bukan Tamu
  • Reputasi: 3
« Reply #28 on: 18 January 2011, 11:48:48 AM »
If you married a blond, learning English will be a piece of cake!

maybe that's what they called : "Law of Attraction" :))
AaAAAaaaAHhHHHHHHHHH

Offline M14ka

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 94
  • Live your best life!! ^^
« Reply #29 on: 21 February 2011, 06:50:28 PM »
Coz i like singing n listening to english song, such as britney, m2m, mltr, westlife, leona lewis, etc.^^

anything