//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: Application Letter  (Read 6234 times)

Offline Rina Hong

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: -2
Application Letter
« on: 16 June 2008, 05:21:24 PM »
                                                                          <<Your Address>>
                                                             << Date (June 16, 2008) >>

HRD department
<<Company name>>
<<Company Address>>

Dear Sir/Ms,
I am Applying for the position of <<Possition (e.g. Clerk)>> advertised in The Harian Analisa on <<date( June 14)>>.
I am <<age (21 years old)>>, and I graduated from <<School name (Wahidin High School)>>
in <<June 2006>>. My main subject is <<Your main subject (e.g. Biology, mathematic, etc.).>>
I would be very interested in working as a <<position>>. I am very interested in <<Hobby relate to position you are applying>>.
I enclose <<documents you have enclosed>>. I would be available for an interview at anytime. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
                                                                           <<Signature>>
                                                                          <<Your name>>

The four Reliances
1st,rely on the spirit and meaning of the teachings, not on the words;
2nd,rely on the teachings, not on the personality of the teacher;
3rd,rely on real wisdom, not superficial interpretation;
And 4th,rely on the essence of your pure Wisdom Mind, not on judgmental perceptions

Offline William_phang

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 62
Re: Application Letter
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2008, 06:04:18 PM »
In order to hunt the dream work, we need to prepare a good Application Letter or Cover letter. The recruiter did not read all the document that we included when we submit the application. They ussualy review based on the Cover Letter, therefore an impressed Cover Letter is needed in order to get intention from the recruiter to review out CV. They use the Cover letter for screening.

At the current condition, we may compete with thousands of people for a vacant position in a company. The recruiter do not have enough time to review all of them, then they just read the Cover Letter to reviewed it. When they found that the Cover letter is impress or match the criterias that they are looking for, they will review the CV. When the information stated in the CV match their criterias, then they will call you for an interview. 

Ussually, the first interview will be conducted by the HRD (human resource department) for the first invervew selection. After the HRD reviewed and the criterias is matched, you will be interviewed by the user which is the department that you will hire you. You may negotiate renumeration at this stage.

I have some input regarding the Application letter posted by Rina, the application letter is very simple. The application letter could be acceptable for Fresh graduate only. But for someone who are experienced is too simple. There are a lot of good books on how to write a good CV and application letter, we can follow the guidance given by the books.

Offline Sukma Kemenyan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 109
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2008, 06:15:53 PM »
Tips Ngaco, namun efektif:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) adalah Brosur anda...

Anda adalah Produk,
Dalam memasarkan Produk...
Buatlah Brosurnya semenarik mungkin...
Berikan point-point penting Produk anda pada Brosur
Buang tulisan-tulisan gak perlu...

Buatlah Brosur anda semenarik mungkin

btw...
Rina Hong almuni DR. Wahidin Sudiro Husodo?

Offline Sukma Kemenyan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2008, 06:19:56 PM »
My Tips supaya diterima (IT. Related):
- Pelajari Perusahaan Target
- Cari kelemahannya...
- Expose Kelemahannya
- Berikan solusi perbaikan
- Berikan alasan mengapa mereka `HARUS` menerima anda sebagai karyawan...

Sedikit komentar mengenai Application Letter diatas...
``Application Letter anda hanya akan berakhir menjadi Arsip di Lemari``

Offline Rina Hong

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #4 on: 17 June 2008, 04:24:36 PM »
btw...
Rina Hong almuni DR. Wahidin Sudiro Husodo?

Yupe bener
The four Reliances
And 4th,rely on the essence of your pure Wisdom Mind, not on judgmental perceptions

Offline Sukma Kemenyan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #5 on: 24 June 2008, 05:25:50 AM »
^Its Good to see anak-anak Simpang Kantor memiliki Pengetahuan Dhamma,
Btw... elo pernah maen ke Vihara Maitreya yg di Sungai Mati ?

Offline Rina Hong

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #6 on: 25 June 2008, 01:00:59 PM »
^Its Good to see anak-anak Simpang Kantor memiliki Pengetahuan Dhamma,
Btw... elo pernah maen ke Vihara Maitreya yg di Sungai Mati ?

ow... sering lewat aja, bro menyan pernah tinggal di medan ya... kog bisa tau daerah simpang kantor?? saya aliran theravada, jadi ga pernah ke vihara itu...
The four Reliances

Offline HokBen

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 100
« Reply #7 on: 25 June 2008, 01:03:37 PM »
english please...
waroeng english nh..

btw, there is simpang kantor in tangerang,too..

Offline Rina Hong

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #8 on: 25 June 2008, 01:04:36 PM »
Application letter has some style :

British Style

26 Windmill Road
Bristol BS2 6DP
21 June 2008

Ms Emma Campbell
Personnel Manager
Multimedia Design
4 Kennington Road
London SE1 8DD

Dear Ms Campbell

I am writing to apply for the position of assistant designer advertised in the Evening Post of 18 June. Please find enclosed a copy of my CV.

I have a degree in Graphic Design from anglia Polytechnic University. Since graduation last summer I have been working for EMS Corporate Imaging on a contract basis. I have become particularly interested in interactive and multimedia work and now wish to develop my career in that direction. I would become the chance to work as part of a small, dynamic team where I could make a significant contribution while developing my skills yet further. I would be happy to show you a portfolio of my work.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Peter Green
The four Reliances

Offline Rina Hong

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #9 on: 25 June 2008, 01:05:41 PM »
english please...
waroeng english nh..

btw, there is simpang kantor in tangerang,too..

to avoid misunderstand, sometimes we need to speak another language.
The four Reliances

Offline HokBen

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 100
« Reply #10 on: 25 June 2008, 01:14:36 PM »
:D

Offline June

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 9
  • Buddhism is to be practised
« Reply #11 on: 22 July 2008, 03:45:18 PM »
In order to hunt the dream work, we need to prepare a good Application Letter or Cover letter. The recruiter did not read all the document that we included when we submit the application. They ussualy review based on the Cover Letter, therefore an impressed Cover Letter is needed in order to get intention from the recruiter to review out CV. They use the Cover letter for screening.

At the current condition, we may compete with thousands of people for a vacant position in a company. The recruiter do not have enough time to review all of them, then they just read the Cover Letter to reviewed it. When they found that the Cover letter is impress or match the criterias that they are looking for, they will review the CV. When the information stated in the CV match their criterias, then they will call you for an interview. 

Ussually, the first interview will be conducted by the HRD (human resource department) for the first invervew selection. After the HRD reviewed and the criterias is matched, you will be interviewed by the user which is the department that you will hire you. You may negotiate renumeration at this stage.

I have some input regarding the Application letter posted by Rina, the application letter is very simple. The application letter could be acceptable for Fresh graduate only. But for someone who are experienced is too simple. There are a lot of good books on how to write a good CV and application letter, we can follow the guidance given by the books.

What does a cover letter contains? Does a cover letter look like magazine's cover? Usually, company will look at its content or design?
Buddhist newsletter

Offline Rina Hong

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #12 on: 23 July 2008, 09:24:34 AM »
actually it's according to the position we applied for, for example graphic design speciality, we need to show our speciality in the application letter that we are qualified.
The four Reliances