//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: Spotted: Non-GMO Corn Starch  (Read 1682 times)

Offline kullatiro

• Sebelumnya: Daimond
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 97
  • Ehmm, Selamat mencapai Nibbana
Spotted: Non-GMO Corn Starch
« on: 04 January 2011, 07:37:39 PM »

You know that an idea is gaining steam when you see conventional brands using it to sell a product. The non-GMO movement's supporters have been talking for years about the problems with genetically modified food, from increased pesticide use due to herbicide-resistant weeds to fears about GM crops cross contaminating conventional or organic ones.

It looks like companies are catching on!

While I was grocery shopping the other day, I ran across the tins of corn starch pictured above touting that it's made from "non-genetically modified corn." These weren't in the hippie section of the store - they were front and center alongside all of the other baking items, including Rumford's regular cornstarch which is presumably made from GM corn.

I expect companies like WholeSoy to tout their GMO free status, because they target a niche of consumers who care about that kind of thing, but to see a larger brand targeting that market is pretty heartening, don't you think?

http://greenupgrader.com/13770/spotted-non-gmo-corn-starch/

agak bingung masukin nya ke kesehatan atau vegetarian tapi kita kan menjadi vegetarian karena ingin hidup sehat jadi masukin ke vegetarian yahh

anything