//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: [INFO] Ibuprofen Terbaik Atasi Demam Anak  (Read 6652 times)

Offline Forte

• Sebelumnya FoxRockman
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 458
  • not mine - not me - not myself
[INFO] Ibuprofen Terbaik Atasi Demam Anak
« on: 13 November 2008, 09:15:27 PM »
Ibuprofen Terbaik Atasi Demam Anak

HASIL penelitian terbaru para ilmuwan  Inggris menunjukkan ibuprofen terbukti lebih efektif menurunkan demam pada anak-anak daripada paracetamol. Riset yang dilakukan di kota Bristol ini menganjurkan ibuprofen sebaiknya dijadikan pilihan utama dalam pengobatan.

Untuk menguji kehandalan ibuprofen, peneliti dari  Universitas  Bristol dan University of the West of England melibatkan 156 anak berusia 6 bulan hingga enam tahun. Anak-anak yang diteliti adalah mereka yang temperatur tubuhnya mencapai 37,8 hingga 41 derajat akibat sakit yang ringan.

Dari hasil pantauan selama 48 jam terlihat bahwa kelompok anak yang mendapat obat ibuprofen  temperaturnya rutun lebih cepat ketimbang kelompok paracetamol.  Riset yang dimuat dalam British Medical Journal ini juga mengindikasikan bahwa penggunaan dua jenis obat secara bergantian dapat membantu, seperti halnya yang telah banyak direkomendasikan tenaga media di Inggris.

Namun para ahli  kesehatan tidak sepakat dengan metode gabungan tersebut karena menyalahi prosedur pengobatan resmi. Yang dikhawatirkan adalah kemungkinan anak-anak akan mengalami kelebihan dosis.

Panduan yang dipublikasikan tahun oleh National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) mengatakan bahwa  baik ibuprofen atau paracetamol dapat digunakan untuk anak-anak yang sakit atau stres karena demam. Namun dalam panduan itu juga disebutkan, karena masih minimnya bukti penelitian , kedua jenis obat ini sebaiknya tidak gunakan bersamaan atau pun diminum selang-seling.
Ini bukan milikku, ini bukan aku, ini bukan diriku
6 kelompok 6 - Chachakka Sutta MN 148

Offline Forte

• Sebelumnya FoxRockman
  • KalyanaMitta
Re: [INFO] Ibuprofen Terbaik Atasi Demam Anak
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2008, 09:16:23 PM »
Untuk sis calon arahat..

Silakan dipelajari.. :)

Offline calon_arahat

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 26
  • On the journey of life..
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2008, 09:48:16 PM »
Thanks _/\_
The health of my patients will be my first consideration..

Offline Forte

• Sebelumnya FoxRockman
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2008, 08:47:43 AM »
u/ sis calon arahat..

Ada yang kelupaan saya bilang kemarin, coba sis calon arahat pelajari juga dari segi farmakologis yang lebih rinci, yaitu farmakokinetika yang meliputi waktu paruh, volume distribusi, protein binding.. dari perhitungan sana bisa dilihat aman tidaknya suatu obat untuk anak2 / dewasa.

Buku Rujukan yang bisa dipakai : Applied Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics. Saya dulu pas kuliah pakai versi 4th, mungkin sekarang ada versi 5th.  Kalau tidak salah di bagian akhir buku itu ada tabel mengenai t 1/2, vol distribusi dari obat2an.. bisa dipakai setelah konversi ke anak2.. Pengarangnya kalau tidak salah Leon Shargell dkk.

Semoga bermanfaat.

Offline Lily W

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 241
« Reply #4 on: 14 November 2008, 01:01:57 PM »
Kata Dokter Spesial Anak ( Dr. Irwan di RS Manuella Mangga Besar)... jangan kasih obat penurun panas yang mengandung Ibuprofein kepada anak-anak karena bisa merusak fungsi organ tubuh.

Biasanya dokter umum suka kasih obat yang mengandung Ibuprofein kepada anak yang sedang demam.

_/\_ :lotus:
~ Kakek Guru : "Pikiran adalah Raja Kehidupan"... bahagia dan derita berasal dari Pikiran.
~ Mak Kebo (film BABE) : The Only way you'll find happiness is to accept that the way things are. Is the way things are

Offline Forte

• Sebelumnya FoxRockman
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #5 on: 15 November 2008, 09:29:37 AM »
Ibuprofen is suitable for children, who tolerate it well. It provides fast and effective reduction of fever and relief of mild to moderate pain, such as sore throat, teething pain, toothache, earache, headache, migraine and minor aches and sprains.

Published research over the past years has concluded that ibuprofen is a very efficient, fast-acting, long lasting antipyretic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory drug. Eighteen paediatricians from around the world, who participated in the 1st International Conference on ibuprofen use in paediatrics, all agreed with published data indicating that ibuprofen can be more effective, has got a longer duration of action and is at least as well tolerated as paracetamol.

Ibuprofen has been approved by official government regulators as first line treatment of pain, and fever in acute situations in France and the USA, and is the drug of choice in migraine attacks in children. In overdose, ibuprofen is much safer than paracetamol or aspirin.

Scientific data and clinical experience confirm that ibuprofen offers an excellent balance between efficacy and safety. Due to its positive evaluation worldwide, doctors increasingly prescribe and recommend paediatric ibuprofen. It is appropriate for use without medical supervision for treating infants. In some countries (Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Poland, Romania, Slovak Republic, Russia, United Kingdom) paediatric ibuprofen is indicated for infants aged 3 months and above (Canada 4 months and above). Medical practice may differ in other countries and the lower age limit may be 6 months: always check the label before administering ibuprofen. In the UK, ibuprofen suspension 100 mg/5 ml may be prescribed by a doctor for the treatment of fever following vaccination for infants as young as 2 months; in such cases, the usual dose is 2.5 ml (50 mg), repeated after 6 hours if necessary.

Key features of ibuprofen:
Ibuprofen is one of the best-tolerated NSAIDs in adults, and its tolerability seems to be even better in children.
*Ibuprofen has got an anti-inflammatory effect at a daily dose of 30-40mg/kg body weight.
*Ibuprofen is increasingly used in young children below the age of 6 months and even in premature babies. Over-the-counter ibuprofen is licensed in several countries, for example; France, Ireland and Romania, for children from 3 months.
*In contrast to paracetamol, ibuprofen has no toxic metabolites and its toxicity after accidental or deliberate overdosing is milder and rarely life-threatening.
*Ibuprofen is suitable for use in children with asthma. Short-term use of ibuprofen is not associated with an increased risk of serious adverse events in children with asthma (1). (In some countries the label advises not to use any NSAID in asthmatic patients).

If your child needs treatment for pain or fever, you should inform the pharmacist or your doctor if your child has experienced any problems before when taken ibuprofen, paracetamol, aspirin or other NSAIDs.

Like other NSAIDs and many drugs, ibuprofen has rarely been associated with an allergic skin reaction causing blistering and rash in both children and adults. In adults, the risk associated with prescribed ibuprofen has been estimated at less than one case per million users during the first 8 weeks of treatment, or 0.013 cases per million defined daily doses in the first 2 weeks(2). Because most published evidence does not differentiate between prescribed and over the counter ibuprofen, the precise risk associated with occasional use of low doses of ibuprofen is unknown but believed to be very small. Nevertheless, anyone who develops a rash or blisters while taking ibuprofen should stop treatment and seek medical advice.

1. Lesko SM et al. Asthma morbidity after the short term use of ibuprofen in children. Paediatrics 2002;109:2
2. Mockenhaupt M et al. The risk of Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis associated with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: a multinational perspective. J Rheumatol 2003;30:2234-40

Should children with chicken pox take ibuprofen?
Chicken pox (varicella) is a common illness of childhood caused by the Varicella-Zoster virus. One of the main symptoms is fever. Ibuprofen is often used to reduce this fever in children. However it should only be used for children under a doctor's supervision as it may mask other symptoms occurring in context with this condition .

Several studies have been published that suggest an association between NSAIDs and serious bacterial infections such as necrotising fasciitis. However, no causal association has been demonstrated between such bacterial infections, chicken pox and ibuprofen.

Is there a risk of Reye's syndrome with ibuprofen?
There is no published evidence to link ibuprofen with Reye's syndrome in children. The cause of this rare but sometimes fatal condition is unknown although it was at one time in the past thought to have been causally associated with the use of aspirin, but not other analgesics, in children under 16 years old, particularly for the treatment of fever and viral infections.

http://www.ibuprofen-foundation.com/suitability/children.htm

Tapi yang dikatakan ce lily juga gak salah.. sekarang masih pro dan kontra dalam penggunaan ibuprofen :hammer: