//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: Apakah benar Einstein berkata demikian??  (Read 9920 times)

Offline GandalfTheElder

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 75
  • Exactly who we are is just enough (C. Underwood)
Apakah benar Einstein berkata demikian??
« on: 02 October 2008, 07:43:58 AM »
Selama ini kita umat Buddhis di indonesia sangat membangga-banggakan perkataan albert Einstein tentang agama Buddha, yaitu:

Agama di masa mendatang adalah agama kosmik. Agama tersebut  seharusnya melampaui (transcend) konsep Tuhan yang bersifat pribadi (personal God) dan menghindari dogma-dogma teologi. Dengan mencakup bidang alam dan spiritual, agama itu harus didasari pada makna agama yang lahir dari pengalaman terhadap segala fenomena, natural, dan spiritual, dan penyatuan yang bermakna. Buddhisme menjawab deskripsi ini. Bila ada agama yang dapat mengatasi kebutuhan pengetahuan
modern, agama tersebut adalah agama Buddha.

Konon Albert Einstein mengatakannya di forum "Science And Religion" di princeton, New jersey pada tanggal 19 Mei 1939.

Sumber lain menyebutkan bahwa kutipan kata-kata Einstein itu ada di buku "Albert Einstein, The Human Side".

Tapi pada kenyataannya, kutipan tersebut SAMA SEKALI TIDAK DITEMUKAN dalam transkrip "Science And Religion" maupun dalam buku "Albert Einstein, The Human Side".

Maka kemungkinan besar Albert Einstein tidak pernah mengatakan pernyataan seperti itu.

Apakah kutipan Einstein yang selama ini dibangga-banggakan umat Buddhis ternyata hanya rekaan belaka?

Marilah kita bahas.

_/\_
The Siddha Wanderer
Theravada is my root. This is the body of my practice.... It [Tibetan Buddhism]has given me my Compassion practice. Vajrayana is my thunder, my power. This is the heart of my practice..True wisdom is simple and full of lightness and humor. Zen is my no-self (??). This is the soul of my practice.

Offline GandalfTheElder

• KalyanaMitta
Re: Apakah benar Einstein berkata demikian??
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2008, 07:50:20 AM »
The beginnings of cosmic religious feeling already appear at an early stage of development, e.g., in many of the Psalms of David and in some of the Prophets. Buddhism, as we have learned especially from the wonderful writings of Schopenhauer, contains a much stronger element of this.
The religious geniuses of all ages have been distinguished by this kind of religious feeling, which knows no dogma and no God conceived in man's image;
On the other hand, I maintain that the cosmic religious feeling is the strongest and noblest motive for scientific research.
It is cosmic religious feeling that gives a man such strength. A contemporary has said, not unjustly, that in this materialistic age of ours the serious scientific workers are the only profoundly religious people.

(Albert Einstein : The Development of Religion, New York Times Magazine dan Albert Einstein: The World as I See It)

Perkataan di atas secara tidak langsung mengatakan bahwa Albert Einstein mengatakan bahwa agama Buddha sebagai agama kosmik yang tanpa dogma dan tanpa Tuhan, dan paling cocok bagi sains.

Schopenhauer's saying, that "a man can do as he will, but not will as he will," has been an inspiration to me since my youth up, and a continual consolation and unfailing well-spring of patience in the face of the hardships of life, my own and others'.
Atau:
Schopenhauer's words: “Man can do what he wants, but he cannot will what he wills” accompany me in all situations throughout my life and reconcile me with the actions of others even if they are rather painful to me.
(a speech by Albert Einstein to the German League of Human Rights, Berlin, in the autumn of 1932.)

Einstein menganggap Schpenhauer sebagai orang yang menginspirasinya selama hidupnya. Apabila dihubungkan dengan perkataan Einstein bahwa ia mengetahui agama Buddha dari tulisan Schoipenhauer yang menakjubkan, maka dengan kata lain agama Buddha adalah salah satu agama yang menginspirasinya.

At first, then, instead of asking what religion is I should prefer to ask what characterizes the aspirations of a person who gives me the impression of being religious: a person who is religiously enlightened appears to me to be one who has, to the best of his ability, liberated himself from the fetters of his selfish desires and is preoccupied with thoughts, feelings, and aspirations to which he clings because of their superpersonalvalue. It seems to me that what is important is the force of this superpersonal content and the depth of the conviction concerning its overpowering meaningfulness, regardless of whether any attempt is made to unite this content with a divine Being, for otherwise it would not be possible to count Buddha and Spinoza as religious personalities. Accordingly, a religious person is devout in the sense that he has no doubt of the significance and loftiness of those superpersonal objects and goals which neither require nor are capable of rational foundation. They exist with the same necessity and matter-of-factness as he himself. In this sense religion is the age-old endeavor of mankind to become clearly and completely conscious of these values and goals and constantly to strengthen and extend their effect.
(Albert Einstein: "Science and Religion" in The Conference on Science, Philosophy and Religion)

Einstein menyebut Buddha dan Spinoza secara bersama-sama, yaitu orang yang secara religius tercerahkan.

Ternyata Einstein meyakini konsep Spinoza:

I believe in Spinoza's God, Who reveals Himself in the lawful harmony of the world, not in a God Who concerns Himself with the fate and the doings of mankind.
(Albert Einstein: "Science and Religion" in The Conference on Science, Philosophy and Religion dan Albert Einstein: Philosopher-Scientist edited by Paul Arthur Schilpp)

Sehingga tidak langsung ia juga meyakini konsep Buddha, yang ia sebutkan bersama-sama dengan Spinoza sebagai orang yang bagi dirinya religius.

Albert Einstein juga secara terang-terangan memuji Buddha, disamping Musa dan Yesus:

What humanity owes to personalities like Buddha, Moses, and  ranks for me higher than all the achievements of the enquiring and constructive mind.
(Albert Einstein, The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, Princeton University Press, 1954)

Lalu bagaimanakah konsep Tuhan Personal menurut Einstein:

“I cannot accept any concept of God based on the fear of life or the fear of death or blind faith. I cannot prove to you that there is no personal God, but if I were to speak of him I would be a liar.”
(Albert Einstein in an interview with Professor William Hermanns)

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.
"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions,"
"No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this"

(a letter written by Albert Einstein on January 3, 1954 to the philosopher Eric Gutkind)

About God, I cannot accept any concept based on the authority of the Church. As long as I can remember, I have resented mass indocrination. I do not believe in the fear of life, in the fear of death, in blind faith. I cannot prove to you that there is no personal God, but if I were to speak of him, I would be a liar. I do not believe in the God of theology who rewards good and punishes evil. My God created laws that take care of that. His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking, but by immutable laws.
(W. Hermanns, Einstein and the Poet—In Search of the Cosmic Man)

Einstein tidak mengakui adanya Tuhan Personal dan menganggap keyakinan akan Tuhan Personal sebagai sesuatu yang kekanak-kanakan.

Maka dari itu, kutipan perkataan Albert Einstein tentang agama Buddha itu sebenarnya adalah kesimpulan dan rangkuman dari perkataannya selama ini.

_/\_
The Siddha Wanderer
« Last Edit: 02 October 2008, 07:57:01 AM by GandalfTheElder »
Theravada is my root. This is the body of my practice.... It [Tibetan Buddhism]has given me my Compassion practice. Vajrayana is my thunder, my power. This is the heart of my practice..True wisdom is simple and full of lightness and humor. Zen is my no-self (??). This is the soul of my practice.

Offline Sumedho

• Kebetulan
  • Administrator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 423
  • not self
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2008, 09:09:37 AM »
katanya sih ada di buku ini

Albert Einstein, The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, Princeton University Press, 1954

tapi bukan ditulis oleh einstein dan... sepertinya memang bukan dari einstein

http://press.princeton.edu/titles/562.html
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Offline morpheus

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 110
  • Ragu pangkal cerah!
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2008, 09:13:07 AM »
kata om tan perkataan itu gak ada di buku, cuman diucapkan einstein disebuah seminar...

* I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it
* Neo, sooner or later you're going to realize just as I did that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path

Offline GandalfTheElder

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2008, 09:18:21 AM »
kata om tan perkataan itu gak ada di buku, cuman diucapkan einstein disebuah seminar...

Transkrip seminarnya (Science and Religion) bisa dilihat di atas..... en apa yang dikatakan Einstein ternyata cukup berbeda dengan apa yang diyakini selama ini.

The beginnings of cosmic religious feeling already appear at an early stage of development, e.g., in many of the Psalms of David and in some of the Prophets. Buddhism, as we have learned especially from the wonderful writings of Schopenhauer, contains a much stronger element of this.
The religious geniuses of all ages have been distinguished by this kind of religious feeling, which knows no dogma and no God conceived in man's image;
On the other hand, I maintain that the cosmic religious feeling is the strongest and noblest motive for scientific research.
It is cosmic religious feeling that gives a man such strength. A contemporary has said, not unjustly, that in this materialistic age of ours the serious scientific workers are the only profoundly religious people.
(Albert Einstein : The Development of Religion)

The Development of Religion itu bagian dari seminar 'Science and Religion"

_/\_
The Siddha Wanderer

Offline tula

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 24
« Reply #5 on: 03 October 2008, 01:07:43 AM »
bisa tulung di translete ke indo ? agak bingun kalo baca inggris nya ...

Offline Xan To

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 16
« Reply #6 on: 18 August 2009, 01:26:19 AM »
Bagaimana dengan ini :

Offline Kelana

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 142
« Reply #7 on: 18 August 2009, 09:29:40 AM »
Pertama. Usia video tidak setua penampilannya yang hitam-putih
Kedua. Video tidak menyebutkan sumber quote Albert Einstein tersebut.
GKBU

_/\_ suvatthi hotu

- finire -

Offline Xan To

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 16
« Reply #8 on: 18 August 2009, 10:56:50 PM »
Pertama. Usia video tidak setua penampilannya yang hitam-putih
Kedua. Video tidak menyebutkan sumber quote Albert Einstein tersebut.

Ok thanks dah

Offline Adhitthana

• Sebelumnya: Virya
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 239
« Reply #9 on: 18 August 2009, 11:48:39 PM »

Pernah ikut kursus yg di adakan di Vihara Dharma Sukha, Pluit oleh Bpk Handaka dr Ehipassiko

Benarkah Einstein pernah mengucapkan demikian? jika benar kapan, dimana dan dalam situasi apa
setelah Pak Handaka mencari-cari kalimat tersebut, baik keterangan dari dalam maupun luar
diketemukan memang benar Einstein pernah mengucapkan kalimat tersebut didalam seminar .....
tetapi kata pak Handaka ..... kalimat tersebut tidak panjang seperti yg kita baca sekarang

(gw lupa kalimat lengkapnya, kyknya cuma 2 paragraf saja)
  Aku akan mengalami Usia tua, aku akan menderita penyakit, aku akan mengalami kematian. Segala yang ku Cintai, ku miliki, dan ku senangi akan Berubah dan terpisah dariku ....