//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: Meditation Instruction > Audio >> Samantha ~ by Sayalay Susila  (Read 3635 times)

Offline Mas Tidar

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 82

Biography

Sayalay Susilā was ordained as a Theravada Buddhist nun in the Burmese tradition at the age of 28 at the Malaysian Buddhist Meditation Centre (MBMC) in Penang, Malaysia. Sayalay began to develop a keen interest in insight meditation at the University of Science Malaysia while obtaining a degree in mass communications (1988).

Sayalay Susilā was ordained as a Theravada Buddhist nun in the Burmese tradition at the age of 28 at Six months after Sayalay’s ordination in 1991, she went to Myanmar. There she practiced intensively for nearly three years under the guidance of the famous Venerable U Pandita Sayadaw at Panditarama Monastery.

Then in 1994, wishing to cultivate concentration meditation, she moved to Pa Auk Forest Monastery, Myanmar. She placed herself under the renowned monk, Venerable Pa Auk Sayadaw, and remained in the forest for more than a decade.

In addition to an assiduous program of meditation, she also learned the Abhidhamma, ancient discourses, and Pāli language from Pa Auk Sayadaw. Meanwhile, she became his English to Chinese interpreter in Myanmar and abroad.

During her travels in Burma, she also practiced different meditation methods, such as those taught by Shwe Oo Min Sayadaw, Mogok Sayadaw, Sayagyi U Ba Khin and S.N.Goenka. As a result Sayalay has become an unusually accomplished teacher able to present the subtleties of the Buddha's teachings, which are deep and profound, in a simple and direct way.

Sayalay has travelled extensively as a teacher presenting the talks and has conducted meditation retreats throughout the US, Canada, Australia, Taiwan, Latvia, Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia.

Language: English

- Bhavana Society Anapanasati 2011
- Anapanasati Meditation MLA US 2010
- Anapanasati Connecticut US 2010
- Anapanasati Vipasana_Meditation MLA US 2010
- Anapanasati Concentration Absorption 2002
- Anapanasati Guided Meditation 2002
- Anapanasati With 33 Mental Factors
- The Mindfulness Of Breathing

ref: http://www.sayalaysusila.com/content/display/article/site:sayalaysusilaorg-param:anapanasati-link:1626
« Last Edit: 07 August 2012, 05:19:36 PM by Mas Tidar »
Saccena me samo natthi, Esa me saccaparamiti

"One who sees the Dhamma sees me. One who sees me sees the Dhamma." Buddha

Offline sanjiva

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 101
Re: Meditation Instruction > Audio >> Samantha ~ by Sayalay Susila
« Reply #1 on: 07 August 2012, 06:08:22 PM »
Sayalay Susilā was ordained as a Theravada Buddhist nun in the Burmese tradition at the age of 28 at Six months after Sayalay’s ordination in 1991, she went to Myanmar. There she practiced intensively for nearly three years under the guidance of the famous Venerable U Pandita Sayadaw at Panditarama Monastery.

Buddhist nun di sini apakah bhikkhuni ataukah hanya sebagai upasika attasilani ?
«   Ignorance is bliss, but the truth will set you free   »

Offline Mas Tidar

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2012, 06:39:38 PM »

nun disitu ditulis sebagai sayalay yg menjalankan 10 sila.

Buddhist nun di sini apakah bhikkhuni ataukah hanya sebagai upasika attasilani ?

Offline andry

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 128
« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2012, 08:46:11 PM »
kami menghargai dan berterima kasih atas sharing materi yg mas tidar berikan.
Samma Vayama

Offline Mas Tidar

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #4 on: 07 August 2012, 11:44:45 PM »

semoga bermanfaat  _/\_

kami menghargai dan berterima kasih atas sharing materi yg mas tidar berikan.

anything