//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: You Are the Apple of My Eye (2011)  (Read 3886 times)

Offline Anestan

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 106
You Are the Apple of My Eye (2011)
« on: 07 June 2012, 09:14:46 AM »
Spoiler: ShowHide

You Are the Apple of My Eye
(那些年,我們一起追的女孩)

Helping audiences re-live sweet memories — the bicycle ride to school, playing ball during recess, graduation and staying after school only to get closer to the girl you like, “You Are the Apple of My Eyes” (那些年,我們一起追的女孩) has it all.
The film is a gentle reflection of popular author Giddens Ko's (九把刀) teenage years in Changhua, kicking off right away with a grown-up Giddens, played by Ko Chen-tung (柯震東), waiting to attend a wedding. The film then switches back to a 16-year-old Giddens, biking to school while meeting up with his friends on the way.

Based on a novel, “You Are the Apple of My Eyes” tells the story of five guys, including Giddens, who strived to win over the heart of classmate Shen Chia Yi (沈佳宜), played by Michelle Chen (陳妍希), who successfully imprints her character onto our hearts and that of many Taiwanese teenagers.

The film is split into three parts: high school, university and the aftermath. Each part illustrates a different phase and level of the relationship between Giddens and Shen Chia Yi.

The high school portion of the movie is the longest; it strings our hearts together and spins them right into a memory tunnel with the scarred, drawn and worn out wooden chairs and desks, the girl poking the boy sitting in front with a pen, and the school uniforms.

The university years then show how the pair left their hometown and strived to maintain a long-distance relationship, which received a fine dose of real-life challenges.

The aftermath includes major turning points and decisions. Those with pet-peeves towards loose plot ends and underdeveloped characters need not worry. The film develops each and every character thoroughly, as well as gives a tip of the hat to how Giddens' career began as a writer. A two-part surprise epilogue appears during and after the credits, so be sure to stay for it.

“Maybe in an alternate universe, we will be together,” said Giddens to Shen Chia Yi years after their last encounter ended in unfortunate misunderstandings. Not only do Giddens' words make us feel better about the fictional pair, they also pat faintly on our backs for those times that we may have allowed fate to slip through our fingertips.

Quote from: comment dari beberapa orang yg sudah nonton

I hardly control my tears after watching this dramatic movie. The ending is quite sad, I think that Shen Chia Yi should be with Giddens. Nice.

The movie is romantic and funny at the same time. When I watched the movie I just kept thinking about what had happened to me before. It is much too touching, something that can move your heart deeply and bring tears to your eyes. The movie is simply representing most of our high school days. After watching it, I can't really sleep for the night thinking about what had happened in my school years and the girl that I truly love, who is like Shen Jia Yi (the girl with good results and quiet). I believe everyone will like this movie except those who never loved before. In rating 1-10, I give it 8.9. Recommend to everyone who wants to feel their first love again.

This is one of the best love films I’ve seen in my entire life. There were virtually no boring scenes in the movie and everything is perfectly combined and mixed. I could have watched it 100 times. :)

cried like a baby during this film. Made me feel so nostalgic during and after. I love how the ending wasn't your typical "happy ending". Instead he's just happy for her - I find that so beautiful!! Yes, two lovers being together can mean true love but not being together can also represent that and this movie captured it perfectly. Well done!

Spoiler: ShowHide
Must Watchhh :jempol:

Offline ryu

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 429
  • hampir mencapai penggelapan sempurna ;D
Re: You Are the Apple of My Eye (2011)
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2012, 09:17:31 AM »
biasa ajah sih nonton nih film
Janganlah memperhatikan kesalahan dan hal-hal yang telah atau belum dikerjakan oleh diri sendiri. Tetapi, perhatikanlah apa yang telah dikerjakan dan apa yang belum dikerjakan oleh orang lain =))

Offline Anestan

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #2 on: 07 June 2012, 09:23:29 AM »
biasa ajah sih nonton nih film

;D

Offline 4nch1

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 5
  • Semoga semua mahluk hidup berbahagia
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2012, 12:10:05 AM »
wohh ini film mah beken banget di taiwan hongkong n china daratan...gila...bintang film utamanya si cowok n cewek langsung jadi populer... tp yg paling berasa populernya si cowok sih...gw nonton sih masih boleh lah...suka denger lagunya hehehe
belajar dari masa lalu untuk menempuh masa depan...

Offline Forte

• Sebelumnya FoxRockman
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 458
  • not mine - not me - not myself
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2012, 06:23:20 AM »
senada dengan ryu sich.. ;D
hanya saja pas nonton film ini, wajah shen chia yi tidak asing di pikiran gw, diingat2 kembali ternyata pernah main di film Hear Me. Michelle Chen berperan sebagai seorang perenang yang bisu. Jadi aktingnya emang cukup OK ;D
Ini bukan milikku, ini bukan aku, ini bukan diriku
6 kelompok 6 - Chachakka Sutta MN 148

Offline ryu

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 429
  • hampir mencapai penggelapan sempurna ;D
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2012, 07:27:56 AM »
senada dengan ryu sich.. ;D
hanya saja pas nonton film ini, wajah shen chia yi tidak asing di pikiran gw, diingat2 kembali ternyata pernah main di film Hear Me. Michelle Chen berperan sebagai seorang perenang yang bisu. Jadi aktingnya emang cukup OK ;D
iya masih mending nonton yang hear me :D
Janganlah memperhatikan kesalahan dan hal-hal yang telah atau belum dikerjakan oleh diri sendiri. Tetapi, perhatikanlah apa yang telah dikerjakan dan apa yang belum dikerjakan oleh orang lain =))

Offline Anestan

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #6 on: 11 June 2012, 08:26:05 AM »
iya masih mending nonton yang hear me :D
yg hear me diem aja.. .gak denger suara michelle chen :P
disini sih michelle chen cakep bener dahh ;D

Offline Forte

• Sebelumnya FoxRockman
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 458
  • not mine - not me - not myself
« Reply #7 on: 11 June 2012, 09:31:22 AM »
yg hear me diem aja.. .gak denger suara michelle chen :P
disini sih michelle chen cakep bener dahh ;D
jadi suka filmnya atau suka lihat michelle chen nya.. ? hayoo.. ^-^
yang hear me.. yang gw sukai, IMHO dia menjiwai perannya sebagai orang bisu lengkap dengan bahasa isyaratnya..
Ini bukan milikku, ini bukan aku, ini bukan diriku
6 kelompok 6 - Chachakka Sutta MN 148

Offline Anestan

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #8 on: 11 June 2012, 12:33:13 PM »
jadi suka filmnya atau suka lihat michelle chen nya.. ? hayoo.. ^-^
yang hear me.. yang gw sukai, IMHO dia menjiwai perannya sebagai orang bisu lengkap dengan bahasa isyaratnya..

2 2nya ;D