//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster  (Read 2829 times)

Offline xenocross

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 61
Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster
« on: 23 July 2010, 04:58:04 PM »
semoga gak salah room....  ;D
tapi emang ada kok...... :D :D :D
baca dulu ya  ^-^

The Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) is the deity of the parody religion the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Pastafarianism. Created in 2005 by Oregon State physics graduate Bobby Henderson, it was originally intended as a satirical protest against the decision by the Kansas State Board of Education to permit the teaching of intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in public schools. In an open letter sent to the Kansas State Board of Education, Henderson parodied the concept of intelligent design by professing belief in a supernatural creator which closely resembles spaghetti and meatballs.

OPEN LETTER To Kansas School Board
I am writing you with much concern after having read of your hearing to decide whether the alternative theory of Intelligent Design should be taught along with the theory of Evolution. I think we can all agree that it is important for students to hear multiple viewpoints so they can choose for themselves the theory that makes the most sense to them. I am concerned, however, that students will only hear one theory of Intelligent Design.

Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. It was He who created all that we see and all that we feel. We feel strongly that the overwhelming scientific evidence pointing towards evolutionary processes is nothing but a coincidence, put in place by Him.

It is for this reason that I’m writing you today, to formally request that this alternative theory be taught in your schools, along with the other two theories. In fact, I will go so far as to say, if you do not agree to do this, we will be forced to proceed with legal action. I’m sure you see where we are coming from. If the Intelligent Design theory is not based on faith, but instead another scientific theory, as is claimed, then you must also allow our theory to be taught, as it is also based on science, not on faith.

Some find that hard to believe, so it may be helpful to tell you a little more about our beliefs. We have evidence that a Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. None of us, of course, were around to see it, but we have written accounts of it. We have several lengthy volumes explaining all details of His power. Also, you may be surprised to hear that there are over 10 million of us, and growing. We tend to be very secretive, as many people claim our beliefs are not substantiated by observable evidence.

What these people don’t understand is that He built the world to make us think the earth is older than it really is. For example, a scientist may perform a carbon-dating process on an artifact. He finds that approximately 75% of the Carbon-14 has decayed by electron emission to Nitrogen-14, and infers that this artifact is approximately 10,000 years old, as the half-life of Carbon-14 appears to be 5,730 years. But what our scientist does not realize is that every time he makes a measurement, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage. We have numerous texts that describe in detail how this can be possible and the reasons why He does this. He is of course invisible and can pass through normal matter with ease.

I’m sure you now realize how important it is that your students are taught this alternate theory. It is absolutely imperative that they realize that observable evidence is at the discretion of a Flying Spaghetti Monster. Furthermore, it is disrespectful to teach our beliefs without wearing His chosen outfit, which of course is full pirate regalia. I cannot stress the importance of this enough, and unfortunately cannot describe in detail why this must be done as I fear this letter is already becoming too long. The concise explanation is that He becomes angry if we don’t.

You may be interested to know that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s. For your interest, I have included a graph of the approximate number of pirates versus the average global temperature over the last 200 years. As you can see, there is a statistically significant inverse relationship between pirates and global temperature.

In conclusion, thank you for taking the time to hear our views and beliefs. I hope I was able to convey the importance of teaching this theory to your students. We will of course be able to train the teachers in this alternate theory. I am eagerly awaiting your response, and hope dearly that no legal action will need to be taken. I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism (Pastafarianism), and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.

Sincerely Yours,

Bobby Henderson, concerned citizen.

P.S. I have included an artistic drawing of Him creating a mountain, trees, and a midget. Remember, we are all His creatures.

Pastafarian Creation Myth
The Gospel begins with the creation of the universe by an invisible and undetectable Flying Spaghetti Monster. On the first day, the Flying Spaghetti Monster separated the water from the heavens; on the second, because He could not tread water for long and had grown tired of flying, He created the land—complemented by a beer volcano. Satisfied, the Flying Spaghetti Monster overindulged in beer from the beer volcano and woke up hungover. Between drunken nights and clumsy afternoons, the Flying Spaghetti Monster produced seas and land (for a second time, accidentally, because he forgot that he created it the day before) along with Heaven and a midget, which he named Man. Man and an equally short woman lived happily in the Olive Garden of Eden for some time until the Flying Spaghetti Monster caused a global flood in a cooking accident.
This creation, "claimed" by Pastafarians to be only 5,000 years ago, would be considered laughable by many scientists. To this, Henderson satirically retorts that the Flying Spaghetti Monster presented all evidence to the contrary in order to test Pastafarians' faith. In addition to parodying certain biblical literalists, Henderson uses this unorthodox method to lampoon intelligent design proponents, who he believes first "define [their] conclusion and then gather evidence to support it"

http://www.venganza.org/
Satu saat dari pikiran yang dikuasai amarah membakar kebaikan yang telah dikumpulkan selama berkalpa-kalpa.
~ Mahavairocana Sutra

Offline xenocross

• KalyanaMitta
Re: Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2010, 04:59:49 PM »
http://www.boingboing.net/2005/08/19/boing_boings_250000_.html

Boing Boing's $250,000 Intelligent Design challenge (UPDATED: $1 million)

Yesterday, I posted an item to Boing Boing about the growing popularity of Pastafarianism, a new religion that worships Flying Spaghetti Monster, initially created to protest the Kansas State School Board's decision to teach "Intelligent Design" in schools. A suprising number of I.D. supporters wrote in with comments like this from reader Anne Kenny:
I.D. supporters wrote in with comments like this from reader Anne Kenny:
Okay Xeni
I read your Blog about Intellegent Design and the spaghetti monster. Ridiculous. I'd like to know what you think should be taught in the schools.

Certainally not evolution considering there is not one single fact that proves it. No missing links, not even common sense. Lies are still being printed that were proven wrong in the late 1800's but they're still taught as fact.

If you're so positive that you came from a monkey or a rock or whatever you think it is I suggest you debate Dr. Kent Hovind.

Dr. Hovind is willing to pay any individual a quarter of a million dollars to anyone who can give any empirical evidence for evolution. He has had this offer up for a long time but even this country's top scientists have gone up against him and lost the debates.

I suggest you offer this to your avid readers... I'm sure one of them would like some extra cash. You can call 850-479-3466 (8-5 Mon-Fri CST) for more info about the $250,000. Please blog this I'm interested in what you think about evolution and all of its lies.
I've discussed the matter with my blog colleagues, and we would like to hereby issue a challenge to Kent Hovind and his supporters.
We are willing to pay any individual *$250,000 if they can produce empirical evidence which proves that  is not the son of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

You may submit entries here.

Suggested reading in Scientific American, "15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense: Opponents of evolution want to make a place for creationism by tearing down real science, but their arguments don't hold up." Link to SciAm article (paid sub required); Link to a subscription-free PDF copy. (Thanks, Dan Strunk). See also this website with criticism of Dr. Hovind's challenge:
Satu saat dari pikiran yang dikuasai amarah membakar kebaikan yang telah dikumpulkan selama berkalpa-kalpa.
~ Mahavairocana Sutra

Offline xenocross

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2010, 05:15:43 PM »
According to the Gospel, the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the cosmos 5,000 years ago,
dividing the water from the firmament, and on the second day of creation, because He could not tread water for very long and had tired of flying, He created the land. “‘And,’” He declared, “‘let there be a volcano to spew forth beer, which seems like a benevolent idea.’ And the volcano spewed forth beer, and He tasted it, and declared it to be quite good” (Henderson 76). Pleased with His creation, the Flying Spaghetti Monster overindulged in the sweet nectar of the beer volcano, and awoke hungover and muddled (70). In between drunken nights and clumsy, addled afternoons, the Flying Spaghetti Monster managed to generate seas and land (creating land twice, accidentally, because he forgot he had created it the previous day), Heaven, and a midget, which he called Man (72). Man and an equally diminutive woman dwelt in the Olive Garden of Eden (72) for some time, happy and small.

[16] According to Flying Spaghetti Monster cosmogony, there really was a Flood, but it was largely due to one of the Flying Spaghetti Monster’s cooking accidents, and not intended to wipe out the midget race He had created (though He did, admittedly find them to be somewhat irritating) (73-74). The survivors repopulated the earth. Eventually, a short-order cook called Mosey found favor with the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster taught him to make sauce, and how to eat it with noodles. In addition, the Flying Spaghetti Monster mandated that Mosey and his followers wear eyepatches and carry swords. Mosey, thus, became Pirate Mosey (76-77), the leader of a wild band of pirates – the Flying Spaghetti Monster’s believers and followers – who came to be known as “Pastafarians.”
~ Mahavairocana Sutra

Offline kevin_kin

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 6
  • newbie newbie newbie
« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2010, 07:59:53 PM »
lucu banget
In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.

Offline Sunkmanitu Tanka Ob'waci

• Sebelumnya: Karuna, Wolverine, gachapin
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 239
  • 会いたい。
« Reply #4 on: 23 July 2010, 10:08:50 PM »
heh, jangan kurang ajar ya, may you be touched by his noodly appendage.
HANYA MENERIMA UCAPAN TERIMA KASIH DALAM BENTUK GRP
Fake friends are like shadows never around on your darkest days

Offline kur0bane

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 8
  • namo buddhaya,namo dhammaya,namo sanghaya
« Reply #5 on: 03 August 2010, 10:32:17 PM »
spagheti bolognaise ato  carbonara?
hahaha

Offline Sunkmanitu Tanka Ob'waci

• Sebelumnya: Karuna, Wolverine, gachapin
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 239
  • 会いたい。
« Reply #6 on: 03 August 2010, 10:34:50 PM »
dia pakai saus bolognese bro.

edit: rupanya ada beberapa aliran pengikutnya, pada konsili kedua terpecah jadi dua, yang menyimpulkan bahwa fsm menggunakan saus bolognese, yang satu lagi carbonara.
« Last Edit: 03 August 2010, 10:37:13 PM by Sunkmanitu Tanka Ob'waci »
HANYA MENERIMA UCAPAN TERIMA KASIH DALAM BENTUK GRP
Fake friends are like shadows never around on your darkest days

Offline kur0bane

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 8
  • namo buddhaya,namo dhammaya,namo sanghaya
« Reply #7 on: 03 August 2010, 10:41:50 PM »
kalo gw sih demennya carbonara:d
kwakwakwakwa maen2 di thread LSY dolo ah:D